• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 27, 2015] Smash with BAE #2, a Smash 4 Monthly (Allentown, PA) (Allentown, PA)

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
Following the recent success of Smash with B.A.E., we will now be offering this tournament as a monthly!

Signups and the store will be open at 11:00 am
Doubles Side Event begins at 12:30 pm
Singles Main Event begins at 3:00 pm

Tournament Structure:
There will be both 1-on-1 and Doubles tournament events. Each event will be Double Elimination with a losers bracket

Venue Fee: $5, this includes FREE pizza for all players!

First 7 people to bring their own full set up (Wii U & copy of Smash 4, Adapters, TV/Monitor) will have their venue fee waived!

Entry Fee: $10 for the 1-on-1, $10 per team ($5 for person) for Doubles

Prizes: 100% OF CASH TAKEN IN WILL BE PAID OUT! Payout based on attendance and final rank.

Payouts for the Singles event will be Top 8, with 100% of event entry paid out in cash.

*9th-12th place will be given their entry fee back (this does not affect the prize pool)

Stage Selection:

>Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield/Mii Verse
Final Destination/Omega Stages
After Game 1, Winner bans 2 Stages and chooses their character first
>Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Castle Siege
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Dreamland
*Omega stages are legal. HOWEVER, if an omega stage is BANNED, so is FD and vice versa.*

Smash 4 Doubles Rules
3 Stocks 8 Minutes
Items OFF, Customs OFF, Team Attack ON
All Mii Fighters must be a 1111 setup

Stage Selection:

>Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield/Mii Verse
Final Destination/Omega Stages
After Game 1, Winner bans 2 Stages and chooses their character first
>Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Castle Siege
Halberd
Duck Hunt
Delfino
Dreamland
*Omega stages are legal. HOWEVER, if an omega stage is BANNED, so is FD and vice versa.
* Congo Jungle will not be a legal counterpick stage in Doubles.
*Sheik/Game & Watch may not be a legal team in Doubles.

Any additional questions or concerns can be addressed with the on site Tournament Organizers.

Streaming will be provided by GWJ and LoCal

Please B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Controller)

Parking is available in the direct rear of the store as well as all along Irving street (behind the store, first street to the right).

More information about this event can be found on the Facebook event page, available here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1631903477090619/

Lapsy143

Smash Rookie
Sad I won't be able to participate in this tourney this month, since its a great one in this area. The TO's are great, the people playing are fun to be around, and no one really seems hostile. Its all a good time! Anyone questions coming should definitly come.

KD3

Smash Rookie
NNID
DuhhFrank
Sad I won't be able to participate in this tourney this month, since its a great one in this area. The TO's are great, the people playing are fun to be around, and no one really seems hostile. Its all a good time! Anyone questions coming should definitly come.
I went to the first one and had a very close set in winner's side with one of the TO's. Game 3 was very close and he made a nice comeback and won the set. We shake hands and I say something like "Good games man, good set." In response, he said something along the lines of "Yeah you shouldn't have won game 2." I had a big comeback that game. "Anyways, good luck in losers." It wasn't that big of a deal but it was pretty rude and bad sportsmanship coming from a TO. It was still a nicely ran tournament all things considered.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
I went to the first one and had a very close set in winner's side with one of the TO's. Game 3 was very close and he made a nice comeback and won the set. We shake hands and I say something like "Good games man, good set." In response, he said something along the lines of "Yeah you shouldn't have won game 2." I had a big comeback that game. "Anyways, good luck in losers." It wasn't that big of a deal but it was pretty rude and bad sportsmanship coming from a TO. It was still a nicely ran tournament all things considered.
I honestly had no malice/bad intent on my comments regarding game 2. Me saying what I said was praising you since you made one insane comeback. Going from Last stock 100+% while I had 50% 2nd stock and winning was amazing.
Also, the "good luck in losers", again no bad intent: I would've loved to see you make it far since you gave me a run for my money.

If any of my comments seemed rude/poor sportsmanshippy, I apologize.

Xandme

Smash Rookie
oh the merits of being able to drive, maybe I will find a bus or something

KD3

Smash Rookie
NNID
DuhhFrank
I honestly had no malice/bad intent on my comments regarding game 2. Me saying what I said was praising you since you made one insane comeback. Going from Last stock 100+% while I had 50% 2nd stock and winning was amazing.
Also, the "good luck in losers", again no bad intent: I would've loved to see you make it far since you gave me a run for my money.

If any of my comments seemed rude/poor sportsmanshippy, I apologize.
My bad man, just a misunderstanding. It kinda came off that way but I don't want to label you like that when you clearly didn't mean that, sorry about that. Thanks, you're a good guy.

Top Bottom