• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 27, 2014] Project M Tourney (Ottawa, Illinois)

WherIsUrGodzilla

Smash Rookie
One of my local game shops is hosting a singles Project M tourney on September 27th! I am trying to get as many competitors as possible to make things more interesting. I've been to one other (brawl) tourney of theirs before and it was very well organized. At this point it's just a matter of more people! Here's the link to thier Facebook. And feel free to drop a "Like" on their page :) Hope to see you there!

THERE IS AN ENTRY FEE OF $5 CASH

OR

Last edited:

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
It won't let me RSVP. I am a maybe as of right now. Should be fine but I don't know if I will have a schedule change or not.

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
Ok. How many are you guys expecting for this tournament?

WherIsUrGodzilla

Smash Rookie
Ok. How many are you guys expecting for this tournament?
I can give you a better estimate closer to the tourney date. Right now I couldn't even guess as this is their first PM tourney. They usually stick to brawl. The last brawl tourney I went to had about 20 people. But like I said, that was for brawl, and the tourney was not posted on smashboards. Im hoping since it is PM and it has been posted on here, there will be a larger bracket this time around.

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
Also.... (sorry if this is getting annoying) will you guys need any set ups? I can bring 1 full set up (1 CRT TV, a Wii, and a copy of PM) if needed

WherIsUrGodzilla

Smash Rookie
Also.... (sorry if this is getting annoying) will you guys need any set ups? I can bring 1 full set up (1 CRT TV, a Wii, and a copy of PM) if needed
If you would like to bring a CRT TV just in case, that would be nice. Last time they had a tourney the tv was not a CRT TV. I would imagine they would have the copy of PM/Brawl under control. Thanks!
And one more thing..... typical PM ruleset I assume?
They may have their own specific ruleset. If they do, it wouldnt stray too far from a typical PM ruleset. They might not do any sort of stage banning and whatnot (last tourney they had they just alternated players and let them choose the stage back and forth), but as far as items off, and stuff like that, you can count on it.

You can also try posting on thier facebook page for more specific answers. Im not an employee or anything so Im not positive on what they are planning for sure. Im just getting the word out. (Not trying to be snarky at all, I just realize Im giving pretty broad answers to some of your questions) And if you do decide to ask questions on their facebook, please feel free to post the answers they give you in this thread for future reference! :) If you have any other questions though please feel free to ask on here, I'll still try and answer them as best I can.

Last edited:

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
CRTS are a MUST. Most people here on Smashboards will not play on anything else. I definitely will be bringing a CRT. The game lags on HD's

WherIsUrGodzilla

Smash Rookie
CRTS are a MUST. Most people here on Smashboards will not play on anything else. I definitely will be bringing a CRT. The game lags on HD's
Yeah I know, thats why I suggested you bring it as long as you're offering.

darthlink777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
darthlink777
I'll also bring a CRT and P:M setup.
Is there going to be Brawl as well, or just P:M?

Last edited:

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
So we need to know where we can register..... I PMed the people who are running it. if I get a link to a sign up sheet I will post it on here

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
I have not gotten a response..... I would post on there FB page if possible or PM them

Vandire

Smash Cadet
they said we could call I think? I'm not sure. I'll call them tomorrow. I'm at college for the night tonight. You could try calling?

Rynshiro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryngear
3DS FC
1736-1313-6793
I'll totally be there. I just moved to Spring Valley and am psyched to meet new Smashers. Idk about Brawl but I hope we'll have some more melee/pm tournaments.

Rynshiro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryngear
3DS FC
1736-1313-6793
Also, glad we can Sing for free. Lol. That cracked me up when a friend first showed me the ad on his fb. xD
Oh ya but would love to get in contact with more Smashers around Ottawa and Spring Valley. I could really use the practice for Melee especially. s:

Numjoy

Smash Cadet
There is a Peoria IL crew. It is about an hour and half away from ottawa

Vandire

Smash Cadet
So i called them to try and register, and you can either register there before 2 or go in any day before the event.

Rynshiro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryngear
3DS FC
1736-1313-6793
Damn, I better make sure I get there early if I'm free. Sadly I have to count on having a ride out of Spring Valley. A Peoria Crew sounds pretty sweet. I'd love to face a crew/join one someday. I had one at my old town. How many of you are in the Crew?

darthlink777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
darthlink777
Oooh talk about the IL Valley scene!
Anyone who's interested might find it cool to know that we host weekly Smash Bros (Melee, Brawl, and P:M) at Mind Games Hobby in La Salle every Sunday. We start between 3:30 and 4:00 and go until close at about 9:00. It'd be awesome to have some new people!
Address is 511 1st St. La Salle

Irraticon

Smash Rookie
Great Job to all players! It certainly was a lot of fun! Can't wait for the next one!

Vandire

Smash Cadet
for those of you who were adding Timmy Fletcher (myself) on Facebook, give my SB account a follow as well. Great job to everybody, you guys did really well!

Rynshiro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryngear
3DS FC
1736-1313-6793
Yeah, I loved the turn out of the Tournament. It was definitely exciting and amazing meeting more new people in the Smash scene. You all had me shaking c:

Top Bottom