• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 13, 2015] ASL Presents: Hidden Power Bi-Monthlies (Mobile, Alabama)

Shiro_lod

Smash Cadet
I'm the only one in our group with a sense of time, but we'll be there then. Can't say yet if it will be 2,3, or 4 but a Gulfport/Biloxi group will definitely be there... barring any horrible accidents of course. We'll see you then.

powergamer

Smash Apprentice
I have like 3-5 people from auburn wanting to go. What do you think the turn out will be for sunday and is smash 4 going to push back the times for PM/melee or are the times listed on the first post the times they will be at regardless?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Right now, there is no way to know for sure what the turnout for smash 4 will be. And the schedule the op is not what we are going by this month. Melee doubles will be at around 1:30 then melee singles and pm will be last.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
figure I'll ask, are we allowed to bring our own food into the venue, like in a cooler?

mjfblaze

Smash Rookie
Hey, there's going to be a bit more Mississippi people coming. At least two of my friends are also going to come with me tomorrow. Should we bring our own TV and Wii for Melee/PM?

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Hey, there's going to be a bit more Mississippi people coming. At least two of my friends are also going to come with me tomorrow. Should we bring our own TV and Wii for Melee/PM?
oh **** we got Ocean Springs in here. there is an off chance we might know each other

Shiro_lod

Smash Cadet
Only three of us coming so no squad for us. One of our group is actually Ocean Springs too..Maybe we do know each other! - We'll be bringing a smash 4 set up. Unfortunately I'm the only one with much melee/project M experience, but not the driver. So we'll probably only stick around for smash 4.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
what games? and how many people usually attend? Bay st louis is pretty much the LA state line so its about an hour drive for me

make a thread man and i'll get a group a cronies to go with me

Last edited:

saturday night smash

Smash Cadet
this week its going to be smash bros 4 and its kinda small right now around ten people and the thread is already up and so is the event. i would like for more people to come out i would love for more people to come so we would have a good competition.

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
We have been having about 10 or so players for Smash 4. It'll be 3 stocks 8 minutes best of 3's in a double elimination bracket. I don't remember the stage list, but it's pretty basic Battlefield, FD, ect.

AltAc91

Smash Rookie
We have been having about 10 or so players for Smash 4. It'll be 3 stocks 8 minutes best of 3's in a double elimination bracket. I don't remember the stage list, but it's pretty basic Battlefield, FD, ect.
okay sweet, thanks.
last thing, is there a specific start time/registration time?

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
*********NEW HP SCHEDULE*********
Melee Doubles - 12:00 - 3:30
Melee Singles - 1:00 - 3:30
Smash 4 - 1:30 - 4:00
**LUNCH BREAK** - 3:30 - 5:00

Giant Melee Side Event - 4:30 - 6:30
PM Doubles 5:30 - 9:00
PM Singles 6:30 - 9:00
Preregistration Form

Okay. So you may have noticed a few changes. We intend to run Doubles for both games as well as a side event. And there's a break. Side event starts during the break because it isn't as important, but you still have time to eat. Now that that's out of the way, It's Time For Real Talk.

So Here's What's Gonna Happen
If you didn't notice, Melee starts at NOON CST. Don't like it? Oh well. Deal with it. No one likes it when events run too late and starting our main game at 2 pm every month is unacceptable. I'm tired of it. Brannon is tired of it. We want to run a very streamlined event with very little holes.

With that in mind, here are a few guidelines(read: I will Destroy you if you try me):

1) Please do not leave the venue to go eat while you are entered into an event that's running. It's fine if you need to walk outside and smoke or whatever. But please do not stay outside for more than 15 minutes, and let us know. If you ABSOLUTELY need a break longer than this, let one of us know. Other than that, there is a nice 90 minute break after melee is over to go eat. Noon is not early. You have plenty of time to wake up and eat breakfast and get here in time to sign up. Speaking of getting here on time....

2) I do not care who you are, the brackets are STARTING at the time listed. That means if melee doubles starts at noon, you better get there before noon in order to sign up. It doesn't matter if you're Alectris or David or Tope. If it's 11:59 and you just parked your car in the parking lot you better hustle your ass inside. None of us want to be there until Midnight. If there aren't enough people to run the bracket at the designated time, it will not be delayed. It will be cancelled.

3) If you get called for a match and you aren't there, and we can't find you, you're getting DQ'd. Right into losers. No Johns. Please pay attention(or tell us if you go somewhere) and you won't get bodied. This is also related to...

4) Reporting your matches. Not that this is a huge problem, but I mention it because it is an easy and obvious way to keep everything running smoothly. If you win your match, walk up to anyone (Me, Ryker, Met, KJU, GingerJesus, Dron) and tell us. Hell, walk up to the laptop with the bracket and report it yourself. I do not want to see a match that got called 30 or 40 minutes ago be unreported. I will slap the mess out of you.

5) SETUPS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. If you people don't bring at least one setup per vehicle. You don't want to know what I will do to you. At the very least I will hate you for making the tournament run slower. If this new schedule is going to work, we need plenty of setups. 12 that can play melee and can switch over to PM would be great, we should have at least 6 from Mobile for Melee/PM and 2 for Smash 4. Speaking of Smash 4, I do not intend to run it at all if we don't have at LEAST 3 setups. There are enough of you. Bring a TV. Bring a console and game with **** unlocked. It's not hard.

If everyone can bring a setup or two, get there on time, and not just disappear randomly, then this is going to work just fine, and the tournament will run perfectly. Do not take any of this personally. We want to run PM Doubles. It hasn't been around ever since smash 4 came out. We want to run a side event. It's fun (Giant melee is awesome I promise).

Thank you for reading and please tell people about the schedule swap and there won't be any problems.

Tentative Giant Melee ruleset in the link at the top.

See you next week.

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
*********NEW HP SCHEDULE*********
Melee Doubles - 12:00 - 3:30
Melee Singles - 1:00 - 3:30
Smash 4 - 1:30 - 4:00
**LUNCH BREAK** - 3:30 - 5:00

Giant Melee Side Event - 4:30 - 6:30
PM Doubles 5:30 - 9:00
PM Singles 6:30 - 9:00

Okay. So you may have noticed a few changes. We intend to run Doubles for both games as well as a side event. And there's a break. Side event starts during the break because it isn't as important, but you still have time to eat. Now that that's out of the way, It's Time For Real Talk.

So Here's What's Gonna Happen
If you didn't notice, Melee starts at NOON CST. Don't like it? Oh well. Deal with it. No one likes it when events run too late and starting our main game at 2 pm every month is unacceptable. I'm tired of it. Brannon is tired of it. We want to run a very streamlined event with very little holes.

With that in mind, here are a few guidelines(read: I will Destroy you if you try me):

1) Please do not leave the venue to go eat while you are entered into an event that's running. It's fine if you need to walk outside and smoke or whatever. But please do not stay outside for more than 15 minutes, and let us know. If you ABSOLUTELY need a break longer than this, let one of us know. Other than that, there is a nice 90 minute break after melee is over to go eat. Noon is not early. You have plenty of time to wake up and eat breakfast and get here in time to sign up. Speaking of getting here on time....

2) I do not care who you are, the brackets are STARTING at the time listed. That means if melee doubles starts at noon, you better get there before noon in order to sign up. It doesn't matter if you're Alectris or David or Tope. If it's 11:59 and you just parked your car in the parking lot you better hustle your *** inside. None of us want to be there until Midnight. If there aren't enough people to run the bracket at the designated time, it will not be delayed. It will be cancelled.

3) If you get called for a match and you aren't there, and we can't find you, you're getting DQ'd. Right into losers. No Johns. Please pay attention(or tell us if you go somewhere) and you won't get bodied. This is also related to...

4) Reporting your matches. Not that this is a huge problem, but I mention it because it is an easy and obvious way to keep everything running smoothly. If you win your match, walk up to anyone (Me, Ryker, Met, KJU, GingerJesus, Dron) and tell us. Hell, walk up to the laptop with the bracket and report it yourself. I do not want to see a match that got called 30 or 40 minutes ago be unreported. I will slap the mess out of you.

5) SETUPS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. If you people don't bring at least one setup per vehicle. You don't want to know what I will do to you. At the very least I will hate you for making the tournament run slower. If this new schedule is going to work, we need plenty of setups. 12 that can play melee and can switch over to PM would be great, we should have at least 6 from Mobile for Melee/PM and 2 for Smash 4. Speaking of Smash 4, I do not intend to run it at all if we don't have at LEAST 3 setups. There are enough of you. Bring a TV. Bring a console and game with **** unlocked. It's not hard.

If everyone can bring a setup or two, get there on time, and not just disappear randomly, then this is going to work just fine, and the tournament will run perfectly. Do not take any of this personally. We want to run PM Doubles. It hasn't been around ever since smash 4 came out. We want to run a side event. It's fun (Giant melee is awesome I promise).

Thank you for reading and please tell people about the schedule swap and there won't be any problems.

Tentative Giant Melee ruleset in the link at the top.

See you next week.
I will (almost certainly) be there this month. I can bring a Melee setup with full PM capabilities. Also, I am searching for a Melee Doubles Teammate. Anyone available?

Top Bottom