• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 13, 2014] Absolute Gaming Presents :: Road To The Fall Classic (Jacksonville, FL)

br4n

Smash Apprentice
Absolute Gaming is returning and partnering up with The eSports Network and Cool Stuff Games - Jacksonville to send you guys on the road to TFC - The Fall Classic this October!

This will be the first installment of sponsorship tournaments to send those truly wanting to level up their game to the main stage! Five select winners will be sent to The Fall Classic to represent Absolute Gaming and their region.

The five tournaments that we have lined up for the event are:

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Killer Instinct

The winner of each tournament will receive paid flight to participate at TFC. Already booked your event? No worries, if your trip is already paid for, the winner will simply be compensated for the amount of their flight + first place pot. However, if there are cross participants playing in the sponsorship tournament and that player wins more than one tournament, they will pick which game they want to receive sponsorship for, and the remaining flight will pass down to second place.

Date: September 13, 2014
Start Time: 12 pm
Venue Fee- 10$ (5$ with a full set up)
Entry Fee- 10$

Once again, I’d like to thank Cool Stuff for opening their doors and hosting the fighting game community as each region continues to grow. When you guys get the chance, take the time to like their page as they are one of the best card shops in Florida

Rob and Malcolm are coming through representing eSports Network and putting the event on stream. They are looking forward to putting on another great event as they are growing as casters for various events! Take the time to like their page and follow them as they are on the come up!

The last one of these was very successful, please come out and support florida smash.

Melee

Rules:
Singles
4 stock
8 minute time limit
No items
Team attack is ON
Pause is set to OFF
Wobbling is ALLOWED up to 250% (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd6UI6wEIsU)
Peach bomber STALLING is banned
Soul Stunner glitch is BANNED
Master Hand is banned too, gtfo
Daves Modified stupid rule(Can't go back to the stage you previously won on, unless agree'd upon)
Matches determined by stocks then % if need be
Double blind if needed, request a TO

Stages:
Singles Neutral:
-Yoshi's
-Final Destination
-Dreamland
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield

Singles Counterpicks:

-Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Neutral:
-Yoshi's
-Final Destination
-Dreamland
-Pokemon Stadium
-Battlefield

Doubles Counterpicks:

-DK64

Last edited:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
A shame Brawl isn't one of the games, since Brawl is going to be at TFC 2014 as well :laugh:

starbolt89

Smash Cadet
NNID
starbolt89
3DS FC
0860-4559-7031
in st.Augustine and lost my copy of melee while back so ill mite wait for a smash 4 tourment

HorusDeathtouch

Smash Rookie
I am definitely looking forward to this. I haven't met anyone in Jacksonville whom can beat me in Tekken yet. I work with the commenter above me, and he has a point. I don't see why a tournament would be fight sticks only, but that's still a good thing to know. I hate those things. I also would like to know which console we will be playing on, because I despise the Xbox 360 controller. Again, I don't see why it would be on Xbox, since the Tekken fanbase has grown and developed on Playstation for almost 2 decades, but still that would be good to know.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Definitely not for smash and I assume not for any other game as well. The only way would be to ask somebody to borrow theirs.

I highly recommend you bring your own.

Last edited:

AXG Victor Nolen

Smash Rookie
I am definitely looking forward to this. I haven't met anyone in Jacksonville whom can beat me in Tekken yet. I work with the commenter above me, and he has a point. I don't see why a tournament would be fight sticks only, but that's still a good thing to know. I hate those things. I also would like to know which console we will be playing on, because I despise the Xbox 360 controller. Again, I don't see why it would be on Xbox, since the Tekken fanbase has grown and developed on Playstation for almost 2 decades, but still that would be good to know.
Tekken will be played on ps3

I've finally made an account on here, so feel more than welcome to ask me any questions you guys may have

RyuMatix

Smash Rookie
well guys I will not be there for the tourney after all ... drama came up and therefore I am unable to attend... have fun and may the best fighter when ...good luck everyone !

Top Bottom