• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Sep 10, 2015] Ganon's Gauntlet CGTC- Smash 4 Wii-U/Melee Weekly (Lewisville, TX)

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Stupid Question : I have the 3DS version, will I be able to use it as a controller or do I need to bring a gamecube one?

I hope it's usable because I haven't used the gamecube one in so long and it feels so foreign now.
You can play with your 3DS in tournament, just make sure you can connect in a timely fashion

EpicB13

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicB13
3DS FC
3609-2226-8519
Stupid Question : I have the 3DS version, will I be able to use it as a controller or do I need to bring a gamecube one?

I hope it's usable because I haven't used the gamecube one in so long and it feels so foreign now.
Yeah you can. Someone else does

MonkeyBird

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-1143-7158
I'm going to be there on Thursday and I'm going to try to bring 5 people or so for sm4sh. I'm hoping for it at least. Thank you guys for organizing this. It's really cool to have something so close.

Looking forward to it!

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I'm asking super late but I've got stuff bringing me to Tyler today. Are yall still having these? Haven't seen much discussion.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
so it's till 1 am in the morning? you should make a better time so more people like me would go.
When I went, it started at around 7:30, I got knocked out around 10:30 and left. You're not obligated to stay, but the finals will tend to happen later.

Erik Reeds

Smash Rookie
yeahh they usually get out earlier than that. i was in grands for melee last week and i was out by 11 lmaooo.

also come out and play some melee boyss, attendance has been stagnating a bit, want this to turn into something big.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
so it's till 1 am in the morning? you should make a better time so more people like me would go.
tournament runs from start time to however long it takes
midnight is our cap for now but all that time after bracket is meant for friendlies

Ch3t0

Smash Rookie
tournament runs from start time to however long it takes
midnight is our cap for now but all that time after bracket is meant for friendlies
cool might end up going then! do you guys sell food or anything there? It seems long so food there would seem great.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Attention all Ganon's Gauntlet players, we will be having a venue change for future tournaments.
THIS WEEK MAY BE CANCELLED DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES AT THE VENUE, WILL POST ON WEDNESDAY FOR CONFIRMATION.

"Chronicles Games, Toys, and Comics" will be our new home until further notice, it is just down the street from "Sanctuary Gamer Refuge" so hopefully it is not a huge change for everyone.

Venue fee will be raised to $3 (This may only be temporary for a few weeks so please bear with us)

Address:
1110 W Main St, Lewisville, Texas 75067

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/chroniclesgtc?fref=photo

http://chroniclesgtc.com/

Make sure people hear about the change so the trransition can go smoothly :)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So...I might be coming to this tourney this Thursday. First one ever! I just thought I'd let you know you might have a newbie coming in, lol. :bluejump:

I might ask some questions tomorrow, since I'm about to go to sleep.

_Smit

Smash Rookie
Some friends and I will be attending tomorrow, 6/24, for our first Smash tourney. Looking forward to having a great time! Quick question, how early do we need to be there before Melee at 8? We might have a couple guys getting out of work a little late.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I have some questions too. How many entrants does Smash Wii U usually get? Oh, and are there places for food at the new venue?

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Some friends and I will be attending tomorrow, 6/24, for our first Smash tourney. Looking forward to having a great time! Quick question, how early do we need to be there before Melee at 8? We might have a couple guys getting out of work a little late.
any time before 8 you guys can come by come, if your late just post on Facebook if you can

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is the Venue Fee waived if you bring your own game disk/full setup?

TMD

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowWolf16-2
Is there a venue fee for someone just coming to watch? Can I bring my pro controller?

Last edited:

EpicB13

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicB13
3DS FC
3609-2226-8519
Quick Question: If both players agree to make Kongo Jungle 64 legal, must Miiverse and Dreamland 64 become legal as well; and if only one stage is legalized, are 3 stage bans still given?

Last edited:

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Quick Question: If both players agree to make Kongo Jungle 64 legal, must Miiverse and Dreamland 64 become legal as well; and if only one stage is legalized, are 3 stage bans still given?
it matters if you guys want more than 1 of those stages at the start, if mutualky agreed to it fines, we just needed a way for game1 stage striking to work incase some players wanna ban one of them off the bat but wants to play with the other still
this will all change after EVO but its meant for stuff like that, mutual agreement doesnt apply to the banning practice

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
What's the absolute latest time you can arrive? I'm gonna be a little late and I want to know if it's even worth going, lol.

Razzboo

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheUltimateShow
Hey I'm thinking about coming to the next one, what is the average turnout? Just curious. This would be my first tournament!

Top Bottom