• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Self-Activated ICG for Peach?

BiscuitTricks

Smash Rookie
Okay, so with the ICG having self activation out of moves on shield for Fox, Falco, Luigi, and Mewtwo, as explained in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3nqr3k/the_self_activated_invisible_ceiling_glitch_a/

Perhaps there is a way to self activiate with Peach. If so, this would be a really great tool! Nulling Fox upsmash and upair, teching Falco's shine, changing Sheik's easy dthrow upair followup. . .

Melee is crazy. And it could be even crazier for Peach if we could find something.

Also, another idea. Reverse the idea and use it. If we could find setups for common moves on Peach's shield that can be punished to CREATE the ICG for the opponent, then it could be used in interesting ways. Nair would now spike downwards because of the inverted vertical momentum. Upair could spike! Forward smash could edgeguard. The world is topsy turvy.

Of course, we need to discover a method first. But even if there's absolutely no way to self activate the ICG as Peach, I'm sure we could figure out a way to use it on the opponent. So let's band together as Peach mains and try to look into this. Who knows, maybe this will change nothing. But if it does change something for Peach, I think that's worth a look into.

M2Q

Smash Cadet
Doubtful since peach has high traction and generally lackluster IASA on her smashes and tilts.

BiscuitTricks

Smash Rookie
Doubtful since peach has high traction and generally lackluster IASA on her smashes and tilts.
Well, yeah, I've considered that. That's why it might be hard to find. But Fox and Falco have one because of platform cancelled shine. Perhaps Peach could platform cancel an aerial to achieve the glitch?

And even if we can't put it on Peach, I'm sure it can be set up on the opponent. Considering the parameters for causing it, I don't believe it would be too hard. And since Peach has some good horizontal kill options and great edgeguard tools, it could be used really well.

Top Bottom