• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEGA Rep: Character Poll

Which SEGA Reps do YOU want to enter the fray?

• Total voters

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i'm only seeing 2 broken images, the images for NiGHTS, and Alex Kidd.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
I've voted for alot of characters for who i'd be okay with seeing as a second SEGA rep, but i'm not 100% sure how i'd feel if SEGA had more than 2 reps.

in order of most wanted to least wanted, i voted for:

Knuckles: My brother also wants him, and i would actually love to see "Super Smash Bros. & Knuckles" be a thing.

Tails: although i want Knuckles the most, Tails sounds like the more obvious choice for a second sonic character.

Amigo: I can't say no to this Monkey, it would be an absolute hoot to have in smash, and the idea of beating people up with maracas is just the greatest thing.

NiGHTS: i think realistically, NiGHTS probably deserves the spot the most, if Sonic's franchise didn't exist, i almost wanna say NiGHTS would be the face of SEGA.

Beat: Jet Set Radio is probably one of my favorite SEGA IP's, and i'd love to see him in the game.

Alex Kidd: if not NiGHTS, then it'd probably be him for SEGA's Non-Sonic mascot.

AiAi:The Super Monkey Ball games always appealed to me, and i wouldn't mind seeing what Sakurai could do with him.

Billy Hatcher: I'll be honest, i never played Billy Hatcher's games, but even so, he has alot of appeal to me as a character and i could see him fit in well.

i would have also voted for Arle Nadja/Carbunkle and Opa Opa, but i know absolutely nothing about their games, so i don't want to skew results too much, already did a little with Billy Hatcher, but they get a honorable mention for me.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The "Worlds Unite" Sonic/Megaman crossover comic from Archie brought my love for NiGHTS and Alex Kidd back (especially since Alex's design doesn't creep me out like the Allstars Racing one. Plus, Reala and Stella alts!). I would gladly accept and main any of them in Smash.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I personally chose Tails, Arle and Carbuncle, Amigo, AiAi, NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, Alex Kidd, Beat, and Ryo Hazuki. With the exception of Tails, everyone else I chose was because I figured if SEGA does happen to get an extra rep, it should someone new and different, and not pumping out from the same series. If Capcom could do it with Mega Man and Ryu, I honestly don't see why SEGA can't, considering that they're quite a bit closer with Nintendo these days.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i voted Alex kidd because i really want him and i think he is the most deserving SEGA character after Sonic for alot of reasons:
Alex kidd was SEGA mascot before Sonic, and he is SEGA master system mascot wich is a console mascot just like Crash bandicoot, he is living in Sonic's shadow, he was here before sonic exist in 1986 in the old generation of gaming, he had more than 8 games and he appeared in more than 15 games, he is better than having a 2nd Sonic character or any other SEGA chraracters, and he is the 2nd most important character in SEGA history, he was also Mario rival before Sonic, not only this but he is Sonic rival too.
also all of his games were released on the wii virtual console.
"i debuted as Sega's mascot, and went head-to-head against N*ntendo's Mar*o." -Alex kidd said this in Segaga on dreamcast back in 2001
just imagin you can have :4mario:NES vs :4sonic:Sega genesis vs :4gaw:Game & watch vs [Alex kidd] Sega Master system in one game

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Went for Bayonetta and Arle. Wish Tyris Flare, Blaze Fielding, anyone from Eternal Champions and Vectorman were there.

Voted for Eggman.

The Top 3 is... surprising. Especially Alex Kidd being first, I though Tails or Bayonetta would be leading, but neither is in Top 3.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
From this list? Tails. Aka; the first true video game character I played as(I don't count the Pong paddles). Love the little guy and he has a special place in my heart for being that first guy I played as. Alex Kidd's a decent choice but I'm not sure I'd want him in Smash.

Where is Vyse from Skies of Arcadia though? He'd of gotten a vote from me. Because bias.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Honestly, I'd rather have NiGHTS, Arle, or AiAi over a new Sonic character. Tails could work, however, but even he's a long shot.

Arle, NiGHTS, and AiAi it is! DIACUTE~:4falcon:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd rather have NiGHTS, Arle, or AiAi over a new Sonic character. Tails could work, however, but even he's a long shot.

Arle, NiGHTS, and AiAi it is! DIACUTE~:4falcon:
You know, I heard that in Japan, Arle is the most requested SEGA character that is not a Sonic character and even then, she's still REALLY up there.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
In all honesty I didn't expect Amy of all people to be higher than Silver, Opa Opa or Blaze
ESPECIALLY Silver and Blaze, but I'm not surprised by Alex Kidd being tied with no.1

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman would be the most likely, so I voted them. I would love to see any of them represent Sonic, and moveset wise, they'd be shoe ins.

However, I also adore NiGHTS, and NiGHTS is the sister franchise of Sonic. I also think she (I call her a she) would be easy to make a moveset for. So I voted for her too.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, I've been thinking about it, and Tails would be a great character to have in Smash. Even though I don't really like him, I feel as though representing old-school Sonic isn't complete until you've got Sonic and Tails.
So if SEGA gets a second "rep" at any point, if should be him, because he's only one that really has any merit to join Smash.

...still voted for Blaze though because she's awesome. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funny because Alex Kidd is actually 38 years old
Oh boy, I bet the shota lovers had a field day with him.... :urg:

On a less disturbing note, Robotnik or bust!

Though I can easily get behind the inclusion of Arle, NiGHTS, Segata Sanshiro, Alex Kidd, Vyse, Bayonetta, Billy Hatcher, Jack Cayman, and Phantom R.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Voted Bayonetta.

What about an Atlus character? Since they're owned by Sega now. Jack Frost maybe?

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Unless other Third Parties can get other reps ((Roll, Ms. Pac-Man, Chun-Li...)) I really don't think I want anymore Sonic characters then.... Sorry.

Opa opa, being one of Sega's first mascots though would be iconic and historic... And also fitting the oddball requirements for a Smash character.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I suppose I now have time to give my reasons and opinions on who I chose and why, so here it is:

Miles "Tails" Prower - In Tails' case, the reason I chose him was because I thought if anyone should appear in Smash alongside Sonic, who better than his best friend? Tails also has the most recognition alongside Sonic ever since 1992, being the Luigi to Sonic's Mario. If he was in, I'd have no complaints.

Arle Nadja and Carbuncle - Arle is another SEGA character I would LOVE to see join Smash sometime soon. For one thing, her games, Puyo Puyo (Puyo Pop in other regions of the world outside of Japan) is a massively popular series and I love the story-telling. It's simple and it's pretty hilarious. Also, at the moment, as far as I know, Puyo Puyo currently keeps releasing NEW games every 2-3 years, which is unfortunately more than than other SEGA series (that are NOT Sonic) have done in a while. Also, I'm just a big Arle and Carbuncle fan. Heck, they're literally the ONLY 3rd party character I voted for on the official Smash Ballot. (With the suggestion of the other two Puyo protagonists, Amitie and Ringo, as alt. skins for Arle, in the vein of Captain Olimar and Alph, or Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.) This is what I put down as the reason for them in the Smash Ballot.

"Arle Nadja is a SEGA character who has a MASSIVE legacy and fanbase behind her. Just as big as Sonic the Hedgehog, as a matter of fact. She is known for the Puyo Pop series and from her series, she could use her various spells, Fire, Ice Storm, Thunder, Diacute, Heavenly Ray and Bayoeen as magical spells to defend herself. She can also use the Puyo themselves to protect her from incoming attacks. She could also have Amitie (from Puyo Pop Fever) and Ringo Andou (from Puyo Puyo 7) as alternate skins like Alph. Her rabbit-like pet Carbuncle, could act similar to Luma and fight alongside her."

Opa Opa - I'll be honest, I don't know TOO much about Fantasy Zone, except that Opa Opa is the main protagonist of the series, and could be considered as SEGA's first "mascot". But hey, the idea of a sentient mini-spaceship seems pretty darn interesting to me.:awesome:

Billy Hatcher - After seeing some gameplay, I'd have to say that Billy is someone that I think would a good second SEGA rep for Smash. After seeing his game and the gameplay in it, Billy could use various colored eggs in different ways, rolling them into his opponents or using their various elemental powers to fight with.

NiGHTS - Again, I don't know much about the series, but I feel that NiGHTS could be a decent choice as a second SEGA rep since it could use its dream powers and as a result, NiGHTS could be a very unique character in Smash.

AiAi - I've had a bit of an affinity for Super Monkey Ball, so AiAi could roll around in his little ball and move at high speeds, sending opponents flying and maybe borrow a few moves from Diddy Kong.

Amigo - By using dance, Amigo can use dance to confuse his opponents. Maybe some capioera thrown in the mix for him? His FS could pretty much be his SSF2 AT appearance as well.

I'll explain about Alex Kidd, Beat (Jet Set Radio) and Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue) later. I have to go somewhere. If you all have any better descriptions and reasonings about these characters, please tell me. I'll admit I'm not too well-versed in SEGA as I am in Nintendo, but SEGA is the one company I'd LOVE to see more (or at least 1-2 more) characters come from.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Tails. I believe people fail to consider that Ryu was the second Capcom rep as both Mega Man and Street Fighter are hugely iconic franchises to gaming in general. Meanwhile, Sega doesn't have any franchises as iconic and recognisable as Sonic, hence why I think Tails is the most likely second Sega rep. Alex Kidd and that Puyo Pop person may be somewhat popular, but I'm sure if you were to ask anyone on the street about them, they might fail to be recognised like Sonic would.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
NiGHTS in my opinion, would bring the most unique moveset possibilities.

Tails is Sonic's Luigi.

Knuckles is Shadow before there was Shadow. He's just cool.

Top Bottom