• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondary to beat Peach? (PAL)

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
What would people say is a good secondary to combat peach? I hear mixed stories about Marth, some people say he has a hard time while others say he's a solid choice, the only other options I can think of are Sheik and Puff, are either a good choice?

.toasty

Smash Cadet
Puff is an excellent choice, however, Young Link and to a lesser extent his adult variant both happen to destroy the floaty pink princess, and you are going to be hard pressed to find a Peach that knows the matchup.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
So how exactly does puff combat Peach then? I've actually been playing her for a while and I keep getting my butt whooped by turnips and bairs.

.toasty

Smash Cadet
So how exactly does puff combat Peach then? I've actually been playing her for a while and I keep getting my butt whooped by turnips and bairs.
Your aerials put a stop to her near endless supply of turnips, and if you just keep throwing out your bair it will be hard for her to approach, and you will have a high priority hitbox stuck out towards Peach all the time.

pbandjames

Smash Rookie
What would people say is a good secondary to combat peach? I hear mixed stories about Marth, some people say he has a hard time while others say he's a solid choice, the only other options I can think of are Sheik and Puff, are either a good choice?
The Jigglypuff vs Peach matchup is an aerial battle that hinges on spacing things right. It's pretty even.

That being said, if you're considering a floaty like Puff, why not consider Peach? :p She's a fun character to use, and then you know the matchup is completely even. And if she's your secondary, you can use her in other matches too to mess people up, because not too many people play a good Peach.

If you're looking for a way to just dominate Peach, however, I think Sheik or Falcon would work. Falcon beats Peach's aerials a lot and mainly grabs her for combos/kills, and Sheik has those needles, throws, and aerials to shut down Peach as well. Not that a good Peach player can't adapt to those things, but it definitely limits Peach a little bit.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I dislike Peach, not as a melee fighter but the character as a whole :p

I've considered dropping my pride for the sake of Melee and to pick her up but for the moment it's not something I've managed to swallow quite yet, in any case I'm going to try picking up my Young Link again first cos I'm quite happy to hear that he might have a use after all, I'm not a fan of ditto mu's anyway so peach to beat peach probably isn't going to happen.

Top Bottom