• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seattle Smashers: If we build it, will you come?

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Come on, guys. We were all there.
Smash 4's E3 prerelease, remember?
The line was f**king 4 hours long!
WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE?

My friend(s) and I are considering whether or not to throw down a Melee/PM (Sm4sh or SSB64, but for the fact that we'd never get enough Wii Us) in the North Lake Washington 425-North 206 area. With that in mind, I have been to a couple local tournaments previously with my friends, so I know the community exists here (I finally decided to make the jump to SmashBoards). However, the TOs have since moved to Chicago, and there seems to be an absence of tournaments.
My question is:

Would you come if we held a tournament at the end of March on a Saturday for Northlake Smashers?

We're considering renting out a community center near us for this purpose.
The games will be:
  1. Melee
  2. Project M
  3. (possibly, NOT LIKELY) Smash 64
The entry fee will be 5$ for each tourney entered (to pay for the cost of renting the place).

There will be a bracketing system for ranking (no seeding yet, as this is the first time), in which there will be a losers' bracket. The winner of the Losers' bracket will face the champion of the Winners' bracket for 1st place.

Four Stock, 8 mins., you know how it is.

I'm going to say: if you want to wobble, show us how it's done.

If you're on board with this, let us hear from you. It'll be a great time, and hype will be had.

T0MMY

Smash Master
there's an Oregon tournament on that date that Seattle players may be coming down for. So probably not the best day to choose. Not sure I have a link to that tournament as I don't think it is on Smashboards yet (or hasn't been properly promoted here that I am aware of).
There really should be some kind of Pac NW thread where everyone from the region can discuss tournaments and other stuff on a regional scale.

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Fair enough. Thanks for the heads up.
There really should be a NW forum. The Pac West is far too large an area to just cover with one forum section.

It's honestly kind of strange. There's so much Smash activity that I've seen myself up here, but maybe they're just not on
SmashBoards...

AnDrOiiD

Smash Rookie
Is there a Facebook group specifically for Seattle area smash? Would be nice for locals to link up and set up tourneys or practice and play friendlies.

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
I wish. Well, I say that, and there probably is, but I don't have a facebook, so I wouldn't know.
I just asked here, because I figured that there's a better chance of recruiting people for tournaments on smashboards.

T0MMY

Smash Master
If there was a separate Northwest page then it might be a little difficult for those of us in the southern area to keep an eye on californian events.
I think making a kind of home thread for the northwest to congregate at would solve the problem.

EDIT: Ok, I went ahead and finally just made a thread for everyone |HERE|

Last edited:

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
If there was a separate Northwest page then it might be a little difficult for those of us in the southern area to keep an eye on californian events.
I think making a kind of home thread for the northwest to congregate at would solve the problem.

EDIT: Ok, I went ahead and finally just made a thread for everyone |HERE|
Thanks. Should we move this conversation there?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, on that subject... How would I do that?
We'll get it worked out on the Pac NW thread. Anything you and others want known to the general region you can post there and it should help get people to the info better.

Top Bottom