• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seanson's Hitbox System v1.0.17.1 (updated june 30)

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Well, ness and sheik both worked with me, firefox 2.0.
I had a problem at first because your link on the first page of the thread went to the old site without the new data. You changed it there though, but to be sure, everyone needs to know that the link is also found in Seanson's sig. If you can't find Ness or Shiek's frames, it's probably from the old site link not the new one. Also, After puff and Cfalc, I'd also like to see Icys. And the new site seemed kinda slow loading the frames, was it just me or is the extra storage used causing the slowdown?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i dont know, it seems kinda slower to me too, but i suppose thats how it has to be, from the number of pics there are now, and are going to be at the end...although if im correct he changed the way in which the frames are downloaded, which may as well be the cause.

EDIT:none of you can complain about waiting until youve experienced jiggy's rest lag frame by frame...oh my god its freaking looooooooooooooooong................... im taking a break from shooting it now because my hand is getting sore....why do i get the feeling my batteries are going to die or something similar before the end of this?...

metroid1117

Smash Master
If there's any room available, I can help out with researching; I sent you a PM already.

By the way, I noticed that when you make Ness use his UTilt on the Hitbox System (the streaming version), on frames 10-19 there aren't any yellow circles around his hands. Is that a glitch?

petre

Smash Lord
i dont know...if you notice his head is blue for a couple frames, thats how they show it when youre invincible (his head is for those frames...)...it might just be that his hands leave the hitbox, ie they never made the hitbox go up with his hands, its just the skin's animation...meaning the game doesnt know his hands are up there, it thinks theyre still at his side...im going to look on mine real quick and see if it was maybe just his recorder...

EDIT: yep, thats how it really is...so my best guess is what i said before, maybe the makers were lazy and didnt move the hitbox for his hands all the way up, because they knew the hands were going to be invincible for those frames anyways...also if you notice the hands get really big then...i looked inside the hands, and the box for ness's hand is there, its just not scaled up like the hands were...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, ness has invul frames during his utilt, PKT2 and fsmash.

Seanson

Smash Ace
my old server was my school-hosted one, meaning quick and unlimited bandwidth. the problem was i have a maximum capacity of 50MB, which is totally weak :laugh: . I could only fit 3-4 chars on there, if i delted everyone else i have uploaded, but i need at least a few megs for my own stuff on my own school server.

my new server is a site of my friends. it may be slower, but it can fit everything, and that is what is important. as I near the end of frame additions I will upload to filefront, for their unlimited super-coolness. I assume the streaming version will just be used to check maybe 1-3 attacks at a time. "hey dood you hit me with omfg ness's f-tilt what does it look like" *checks it out*, that was essentially what the plan was. If you DO want to check out 20+ hitboxes, maybe the offline version is for you, and you get to keep it forever!

and yes, for ness's utilt his hands appear to get bigger but ness's hitbox does not. this is the case for most attacks with enlarging limbs i believe. but I havent done enough of those attacks to be sure.

blargh: i hope not too many people put the old link in their favorites.

it must be luck, because every char that people are requesting are the only chars i filmed. i filmed ness samus doc sheik falcon climbers peach and fox, and so far people keep requesting from that list, hooray!

report: i was super busy and super lazy this weekend so i made almost noegative progress. jiggly isnt up yet even though i said i would update, i didnt. tomorrow I will add jiggly and begin the FALCON EXTRACTION of his frames, and hopefully have him up by tuesday evening, then climbers done by wednesday evening. that is my current plan. off to sleep, glad to be back, even though it was only a few days of being away!

krammit

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to show samus' super wave dash? I wanna see the exact frame she does it and hopfully llearn how to do it. XD

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
I made some videos of the frame by frame SWD. Go to 'play' to play the video.

1. Frame by frame SWD - Frame by frame, regular. Original File Download

2. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up) - Frame by frame SWD, regular, zoomed up close. Original File Download

3. Frame by frame SWD (Close-up -2frames) - Frame by frame SWD, crouched bomb (-2 frames), zoomed up close. Original File Download

I find that these helped me in getting the timing.

In my opinion, people try to do it too early. I like to do a standing bomb, not move, and I wait until Samus is on the floor (not exactly when she hits it), then I do a quick right-left or vice-versa.
In the swd thread in the samus forums, I found this a couple weeks ago. Thanx to Lanowen for helping me double the swds I do during a match.

krammit

Smash Cadet
In the swd thread in the samus forums, I found this a couple weeks ago. Thanx to Lanowen for helping me double the swds I do during a match.
Oh wow. Thanks a lot for showing me this. Guess I should look in the samus forum for samus help next time .XD

Great job on this Seanson. I can't wait for the finshed product.

Zink

Smash Champion
Shmeh. My Internet connection has become fuzzy. It no longer allows me the long periods of time I require to research jiggz. Sorry to bail out, but if anyone can do jiggz before I can fix this, feel free.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
woah! this hitbox system has gone a long way since i last checked it. this is a great thread wat with the hitbox system and all. and its pretty neat how we have poeple who can contribute to all this. i would give it a try but i know nothing abbout computer stuff and i have no move editing software lol. but anywho seanson, keep on working on this!

Seanson

Smash Ace
I am fueled by the satisfaction of others.

report: I have been busy today with classes so I wont have time to start falcon until after I eat, and I have some homework to do, so who knows how far i'll get on falcon. one of my filmers forgot to give me a tape of a few chars he filmed when I went home this weekend, so I may actually run out of frames to extract sometime this week. All I have left on film is peach, falcon, and climbers. Since I am not going home this weekend I will be isolated from any action replay/filming opportunities, which may halt advancement on my end for a short while. I suppose that would give me a good chance to research that **** slider or some attack stats, but frankly since i've worked my butt off these past 2-3 weeks on this (meaning 4-6+ hours a day average), i feel like I could use a break. I may slow my pace down this week since there arent many chars left for me to extract and update.

Seanson

Smash Ace
i am unable to do any luigi for a long while, and petre already has a lineup going (pika, link, zelda, bowser?) maybe he'd throw luigi somewhere in there, but im sure he'd be willing to do a few moves, if you were looking for just a few moves in particular. hmm maybe I shouldn't speak for petre, you should take it up with him (but post in this thread too so I can keep an eye on everything, since i am master overseer)

report: falcon is half done, and i was too lazy to update just half a char. tomorrow will definately finish falcon and over 50% of climbers. i got a fixed frame for jiggly's rest so you can see the hitbox better, havent uploaded yet, will do that tomorrow as well.

petre

Smash Lord
cool! pika's done. 99% at least. anyway i suppose i could throw in luigi before link, but gotta do bowser first, he was requested first, then zelda...that might sound like alot, but ive got it down to a process that takes only like 4-5 hrs per character. problem is me getting 4-5 hrs of uninterrupted working time...so just wait two days or so. maybe more.

Seanson

Smash Ace
This is way too good. You and your brother are my heros.
good to hear :)

regarding mario, all I can do is doc, since that is all I have footage of. one of my filmers at my home town was supposed to give me mewtwo+mario footage but he forgot, so hopefully I'll get that footage by the end of this coming weekend.

report: i will finish up falcon hopefully within the hour, then finish climbers in a few hours later this evening. then tomorrow I will embark on doc, and by the end of thursday will have peach finished as well. after peach I have no more footage, so unless I can get a filmer, I'll have to go to researching duty *shudders*, heh.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Seanson for top tier
Good job man. Your works have been updated into the guide and you have recieved credit.

Seanson

Smash Ace
sigh, i have slacked off too much, as in I have done 1 move the past 2 days. this makes me angry because I used to be in such a groove, I couldn't be stopped.

report: i'm a lazy, son of a... updating will occur tomorrow at around 11am CST, which will include bowser frames (courtesy of petre), and jigglypuff attack stats (courtesy of purekorea). also, tonberry has offered to assist coding production, he is going to be working on creating an EXE... somehow I dont understand :laugh: , but it should definately help offline usage, rather than just using an applet on a local machine. I will finish climbers tomorrow for sure and hopefully get a decent start on doc, and I'll probably wait to update again until I get petre's next char, hopefully around the same time I finish doc, then we can have a large mega-2-character update on friday-ish.

Seanson

Smash Ace
K I just finished the update, we're now up to 1.0.10.1.

Fun Frame Fact: Did you know, that when bowser does his up+b, that his limbs become invincible and invisible? That is why his limbs show up as blue on the hitboxes. Hard to imagine isn't it!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
of course i knew it. but that doesn't mean i dont want to see it again and be able to see it whenever i want!

WOOHOOOO BOWSER STUFF THAT I DIDNT HAVE TO RELEASE YEAYUHHZZZ!!!!

petre

Smash Lord
WOOHOOOO BOWSER STUFF THAT I DIDNT HAVE TO RELEASE YEAYUHHZZZ!!!!
woah, you seem a bit...excited...are you really the only person that did anything with bowser?

Seanson said:
Here is the link. Hosted on my school server:
didnt you change that? i just noticed it said that still...i was checking to see if you did shiek's down+b, to see if id have to do zelda's...

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Are you using the downloaded or the online version? Does this happen with any character, or only some? does it freeze or is it just really slow to load? If you downloaded which version are you using? If it's online what browser are you using and are you using the correct website?
I've never experienced this before, so I can't really tell what's wrong.

Ensee

Smash Ace
Online version, I'm using FireFox and it happens with all characters, the java applet freezes to where I have to close it every time I choose a character.

EDIT: It doesn't work for me in Explorer either.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Just thought I would let everyone know that I just updated, and that I dont want to update as much.

Between upload times, zipping, and such, it gets annoying and always seems to take longer than it should. Therefore, I will not update as often, but each update will have more. My next update will occur around the time I finish doc + peach, and hopefully get a few more from petre as well.

This update consisted of frames for Ice Climbers(me) and Zelda(petre). Also, are some attack stats brought to you by the researchers! Falcon and Doc from purekorea, and Roy from metroid1117.

Report: I have class in an hour so I hope to get like 1/4 of doc done then finish him later. After doc for me is peach. Petre is working on either luigi or link, I can't remember, but I know that they're both up close in his lineup. Researching coming up: Link/ylink, pika, ice climbers.

Anyways, I'm off to work on doc frames. Later when I feel like it I will write up a tutorial on how to get the URL of any frame. FOr example if you wanted the 18th frame in fox's d-tilt, you'd know how! You could have any pics you want individually. The same thing as I linked bowser's up+b a few posts back.

I'm off, this post was a long one, I could have done a few of doc's moves in the time it took to write up. Go go frames!

Ensee

Smash Ace
I just tried it in Firefox 2.0, it worked fine for me. Maybe your Java needs to be updated?
Every time I try to update the latest version of Java the pop up window that shows the progress just sits there forever, and never installs. I have a fast internet connection, and www.java.com is on my allowed sites for Firefox. But for some reason it doesn't work. :( So I guess I'll just live without seeing the Hitbox System. :urg:

EDIT: Ohhhhh I see now, I'm using a Firefox version that isn't compatible with the newer Java version. Guess I'll just have to update my browser.

EDIT2: Well, I have the newest version of Firefox now, 2.0. And it still doesn't work. :mad:

Top Bottom