• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix 3.2 Lite Released!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
SD Remix 3.2 Lite for SSBM v1.02 is now available to the public and it looking better than ever. But what is SD Remix? From the official website:

SD Remix is a Super Smash Bros. Melee hack, based off of the v1.0 version of the game, designed to better balance the game through only character buffs. SD Remix intends to improve to the weaker characters to viable levels by:
– Addressing their crippling weaknesses
– Providing them stronger offensive and defensive options in line with the stronger cast members
– Maintaining each character’s archetype and niche

A full change list from Melee itself is available here for those interested. With new stages, features, and the ability to use the mod with a memory card, this update makes SD Remix look more exciting that ever before!

For more information on this mod be sure to check out its official Smashboards thread, the official SD Remix website, and the official Youtube channel for SD Remix. An installation guide for the mod is also available here.

SmashCapps is really excited to see this out and hopes to see many new people giving it a try. Be sure to go follow him on Twitter and let him know how it's being enjoyed.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
This looks really cool. Il will try it!

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
How about a local tournament dedicated to modded Smash games? We'll call it Modnation Smashers.

In all honesty, I don't see much point in a Melee mod. Project M already has you covered, and you get Brawl characters as a bonus.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
How about a local tournament dedicated to modded Smash games? We'll call it Modnation Smashers.

In all honesty, I don't see much point in a Melee mod. Project M already has you covered, and you get Brawl characters as a bonus.
*cough* But Project M got worse after 3.0 *cough*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's kind of a mix of tech savvy Smash fans being very passionate and wanting to crack the code of their favourite game wide open, and the fact that while it aims to be quite similar to Melee, Project M isn't 1:1 with Melee, and still has quite a few differences.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Interesting mod. Iff i had melee still I would play this.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's nice to see SD Remix is still getting updates.

I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it from the few times I've played it.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
So it's basically just PM with less characters?
SDR is special. It doesn't touch the top 6 characters and then proceeds to balance the cast through buffs alone. PM on the other hand operates much like a game of its own, since it brings Melee and Brawl tech together and blends the physics. It also nerfs some things while buffing others.

SDR is essentially simpler, and it feels like Melee after getting a balance patch. SDR has modded stages to vastly increase the amount of neutral ones, too.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The other difference is that Melee is a lot harder to deal with in terms of hacking compared to Brawl which is a lot more hack friendly.

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
The other difference is that Melee is a lot harder to deal with in terms of hacking compared to Brawl which is a lot more hack friendly.
Which is why I'm glad the Lite version is finally out. Much easier to install.
Just... seems like worse Project M, sorry. :(
Nah. PM is PM, but SDR is still Melee.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
That is, without a doubt, the worst and least creative tournament name I've ever heard.

Yes, because Project M has the exact same frame data as Melee or SD Remix, isn't basically Melee on "easy mode," and has Pichu. Some people like character balancing but don't like Project M.

Or maybe we just mod Melee because we can.

Quillion

Smash Hero
SDR is special. It doesn't touch the top 6 characters and then proceeds to balance the cast through buffs alone. PM on the other hand operates much like a game of its own, since it brings Melee and Brawl tech together and blends the physics. It also nerfs some things while buffing others.

SDR is essentially simpler, and it feels like Melee after getting a balance patch. SDR has modded stages to vastly increase the amount of neutral ones, too.
When Brawl hacking reaches 20XX though, it will be a 1:1 Melee physics and then some.

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
When Brawl hacking reaches 20XX though, it will be a 1:1 Melee physics and then some.
I dunno. Some of the charm in PM is that it's not a Melee clone. It feels more unique and authentic. Besides, it's not the PMDT's goal to create 1:1 Melee in Brawl, anyway. I'm sure there'll be a mod for that in time anyway, regardless.

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
That's fine, but I just think it got worse after 3.0 and even worse after 3.5. It's why pro players like ZeRo and Armada dropped it.
they "dropped" it because they realized they would actually have to try with their characters and not let their character carry them since they weren't stupidly broken anymore. FYI, Zero dropped PM entirely. Armada still plays if it's at a tourney. He just picks Fox now.

Hellrazor

NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
they "dropped" it because they realized they would actually have to try with their characters and not let their character carry them since they weren't stupidly broken anymore. FYI, Zero dropped PM entirely. Armada still plays if it's at a tourney. He just picks Fox now.
isn't it because balance was shifting too dynamically and a meta was failing to develop?

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
isn't it because balance was shifting too dynamically and a meta was failing to develop?
Pretty sure it was the whole my character isn't broken anymore so eff this character/game. Balanced was changed greatly due to the fact that the pmdt realized they ****ed up by trying to make characters as good as fox. This is why freaking mewtwo, lucas, and pit were OP as ****. 3.02 was fun don't get me wrong but my god there was so much jank and stupid **** in that version. If the PMDT had kept that stupid formula, top players would have dropped the game anyways because of how stupid the game was getting.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I dunno. Some of the charm in PM is that it's not a Melee clone. It feels more unique and authentic. Besides, it's not the PMDT's goal to create 1:1 Melee in Brawl, anyway. I'm sure there'll be a mod for that in time anyway, regardless.
What I mean is that it's going to have everything about Melee and then more awesome on top of that.

Then again... if Melee hacking reaches 20XX level, the same can happen to it, too.

Vigihes

Smash Cadet
I really love to see all these efforts but... Why make a more competitive version of Melee if Nintendo will prohibit all the SDR streams, like they are doing it for PM ? Why make a game for eSport if we can't share the top plays on stream ? Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but this is really sad though.
I still believe that we need a copy of Project M with an open source game. A game which can't be touched by Nintendo but still has the same Melee physics.

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little appalled that people tried to compare SDR to PM. To be frank, it's like comparing Brawl to Melee. Just because both modded games have the "Melee" touch doesn't mean that they're similar in content or quality. The biggest thing that should be pointed out is that unlike PM, SDR keeps its top characters intact, especially the Melee ones.

I'd rather call PM a poor-man's Melee rather than SDR a poor-man's PM in all honesty, as much as I love PM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom