• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

nice matches jeapie, really nice edgeguarding and i feel like i learned some stuff

remen is pretty amazing, he's definitely a thinking player and that imo is more dangerous than a spacie that spams complete tech skill.

He seems like more of a zoner too and never commits to doing heavy punishes, just wants to dash attack you over and over lol

because hes a thinker you have to mix it up more imo, you were mixing it up plenty but 1 aspect is you always gentlemen

sometimes you should jab twice --> shield grab, it seems like remen always waits for the 3rd hit and punishes

things like that.. these little mixups all add up

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Iv actually heard that Mario Party 4 is the most legit.

Its the Melee of Mario Party.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no its mario party 3 thats the good one. after 3 they all get progressively worse

/owns them all until 7

pooopy

Smash Rookie
Man, how the **** do you guys (scar/ ss / hax /s2j etc) ****ing do this. Falcon seems like such a piece of **** sometimes (I just placed 7th at an aus "national"), I dunno how you guys win. I would just love to see one of you come over here and dominate the **** out of everyone and teach me your skills.
yep falcon is indeed a piece of crap

to win you just gotta be better/ better strategy, no ways around it. Although I think people overexaggerate matchup problems. All of them are beatable by being better

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Thanks Kage. With ##### right around the corner, it's the perfect time to shake things up.

Kage what do you do with Ganon to get inside Sheik's tilts? It makes sense that Falcon should have an easier time, but Sheik can't CC Ganon's aerials as well. A sheik like KK doesn't really fall for baiting out ftilts and he doesn't get in the air like a moron, which are my main 2 approaches vs that char.

Once we land the grab -- THERE GOES YA STOCK SON
lolol

I zone out during matches and do nothing. And then people think I'm being smart. That's ****.

So the MU is basically totally different. I can't really think of anything Falcon can do to outspace Sheik's tilts, running in and grabbing isn't really my specialty but I'm not sure if you have time to even do that between ftilts.
You probably can. RaynEX and Unknown can DD grab my F-tilts with their Foxes. Falcon's dash dance is different but the dash length seems longer and the speed seems faster so I don't see how that would be disadvantageous here.

sorry for changing the subject ....

someone has to explan falcon-fox for me cause I have a feeling im just doing random stuff in that matchup.

Im currently uploading videos from a small tournament i just got back from at lawrencelots place RCT7= Tourney name .

I got 2nd, won against remens fox in wf, lost against gf twice against his fox.

Hes just spamming around doing airs and stuff ( no lasers! ) and im just getting ***** or something lol.

Hes a great player so congratz to him for winning, but i just want to get better in this matchup.

vids coming in 1 or 2 days. slowwwww internetzzz

Scar, what do you do against fox? Dont say grab -> **** please :p
I wish I knew how to play Fox. I don't think lasers are particularly useful vs Falcon though.

I'm watching your 1st match with Remen's Falco right now. That first kill actually made me giggle. That was awesome.

almost every shiek i know hates FD

i think its better than yoshis and if they don't suck fountain, yoshis is too dinky and fountain sux
FD is fine for Sheik. No platforms is good and bad, it's good because you're never tempted to go on them and put yourself above Falcon. Which is the easiest way to lose to him. His combos also have to be 100% legit, which is something many of them struggle with if you have decent DI out of his combos. Sheik's combo suite (U-tilt, Uair, Dair, weak U-smash, dash attack, etc.) is more or less immune to DI in my experience. Falcon is going offstage if he gets launched, there's no real away around it.

But I've never played a good Falcon so what do I know except Scar and Jeff but Jeff sucks vs Sheik

FoD and Yoshis are her best levels vs Falcon.

no its mario party 3 thats the good one. after 3 they all get progressively worse

/owns them all until 7
2 is pretty good. Unknown likes 2 better than 3 iirc. I like 3 more because you can carry more items. I will concede multiple items can be stupid at times, I like that it encourages planning. I'm awful at Mario Party though.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
s2j's point about gentleman mixups is really, really good

I always forget to mix it up with jab jab grab, or jab jab SH knee

Instead, I just gentleman 99% of the time and I get CC ***** for it

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like to do the jab jab dash away and react

but i also suck with falcon and i think most of my jank works because its so bad people dont see it coming

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I like single jab - knee shield and repeat, for shield pressure, especially because it brings out some players weaknesses. Some people spot dodge to avoid getting grabbed after the jab, or their techskill just gets mixed up when you apply pressure, but the best is when people roll to get away from the shield pressure, then you can punish the roll. Or if they just keep shielding make note of it and grab.

Of course it's only a mixup, do it more then a few times and the opponent will just find a new way to get out of their shield and **** you up.

$mike

Smash Ace
the only time i gentleman on shield is when i don't space a move correctly. otherwise i either do single or double jab to spaced knee/nair/uair (and repeat) pressure. do this and wait for them to shield grab or roll/jump out of shield, then ****.

falcon's shield pressure game is pretty ******** in the way you can mix it up so many ways, but i love that

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveet View Post

/owns them all until 7
2 is pretty good. Unknown likes 2 better than 3 iirc. I like 3 more because you can carry more items. I will concede multiple items can be stupid at times, I like that it encourages planning. I'm awful at Mario Party though.

I agree that the later parts suck but in my opinion MP 1 is still the best one!

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
nice matches jeapie, really nice edgeguarding and i feel like i learned some stuff

remen is pretty amazing, he's definitely a thinking player and that imo is more dangerous than a spacie that spams complete tech skill.

He seems like more of a zoner too and never commits to doing heavy punishes, just wants to dash attack you over and over lol

because hes a thinker you have to mix it up more imo, you were mixing it up plenty but 1 aspect is you always gentlemen

sometimes you should jab twice --> shield grab, it seems like remen always waits for the 3rd hit and punishes

things like that.. these little mixups all add up
thanks.

I guess i should try to jab grab or jab jab grab move often.

Only mostly when i try that i end up pressing Z too early doing the gentleman anywayz -_-

still thanks for noticing Smoke2Jointz ^^

btw are you banned? LOL

Scar

#HarveyDent
camp and nair carefully 5804930 times

i have lost many fox friends with this new unbeatable tactic... lol
jeapie - i think johnny's right

i used to attack fox a lot, run towards him and nair, try to get him on the ground and just edgeguard well, but i've learned that my playstyle has been just extremely combo-based and momentum-based

johnny's strat offers you a chance on-stage at a neutral position, where mine is just like, let fox **** you until he overextends and then kill him, hope you haven't lost 4 stocks when the game is over

now i'm trying to dd grab a little more, zone a little better

this has led to me not putting enough pressure on fox though, and without pressure he does better on average vs my falcon anyways. currently i'm deciding that i need to put pressure on fox but be a lot safer about it... don't get hit, punish hard.

that basically means "be really good." but i think that's the answer.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
just from watching the first few stocks vs remen, im fairly confident that you would rapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee remen if you would stop approaching all the time. im fairly certain s2j or gg7 (who dont approach like idiots like the rest of us) would poooooop on remen.

idk though, maybe he would adjust and just keep ******. but the major flaw is your just nairing at him and hoping for the best it looks like.

mYsteriOus n1gga

Smash Rookie
thanks.

Only mostly when i try that i end up pressing Z too early doing the gentleman anywayz -_-

btw are you banned? LOL
hi

an easy way to do the 2 jab trick to grab is to

jab jab then hold shield (L or R) then press A, it might not be frame perfect by a few frames but it is good enough imo

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If he F-smashes you in the middle you should get out from there if you tech stand the F-smash.

Whatever you do, if you're going to intentionally miss techs, don't DI away because that risks you eating a tipper with no effort on his part.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
F-smash and u-tilt lead to nothing from the middle of the stage.

I noticed that Hax likes to DI in a lot, so KK is probably right, since that free tipper thing sounds pretty cheap.

mYsteriOus n1gga

Smash Rookie
thanks.

btw are you banned? LOL
also

viewing your set

I notice that you love to cover platform techs with up-air

while it is good on people that don't crouch cancel like the guy you faced in semi finals since it leads to free finisher, it's not so good against people that crouch

i recommend doing a bigger punish like knee/stomp and only up-air if you have no chance of hitting him with knee/stomp/ he's high enough that up-air will kill him/ easy edgeguard

p.s. mediocre it is kinda rude to censor ***** into the hurtful six letter variation

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yo scar i agree

i think a big part of falcon vs fox is maintaining a threatening appearance to fox

if fox isnt afraid that youre going to attack at any time, then hes gonna just go up to you slowly until he can space really well, but if he thinks you may attack spontaneously, especially if you have previously and gotten good results with it, then he'll be trying to protect himself from an attack that youre not actually going to do, which is what you can take advantage of

be defensive, but look aggressive

sup g reg

Top Bottom