• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Irish Mafia. I saw you at ROM, and meant to play you, but then walked off and totally forgot.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I mm'd jona and did not get zero to deathed ever
except for my last stock, but that was ******** because I lost my DJ
I'm getting that $5 back jona

/johns

little tip, kids: never cp peach to FD. It doesn't work. She will zero-80 cg you, simply because she can. and then hit you with stuff.
What if you grab her first? Then she gone.

tubes

Smash Ace
uair you mean? when are you dthrow nairing peach and why are you doing that, she can just DI up and press A and now you just did her 4 damage and she hit you with a nair

CF peach is gay but apparently you can beat her by being patient
What if you grab her first? Then she gone.
I actually have been having alot of trouble comboing peach off a grab at low percents. I'll try an uair and it seems as if the blow just doesn't even phase Peach or some **** cuz the next aerial I'll try gets nairs to the face. It's like she can crouch cancel mid-air or some ****.

Is there a somewhat reliable way to 0-death Peach off a grab? I don't care if it's DI dependent.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
this doesn't need to be in every god**** post of yours. we get it, despite not being black, you're quite comfortable saying variations of *****. you're totally a g, just please stop putting it in every one of your posts.
wow youre really getting mad at that?

first off im puerto rican, were all black

my dad's side is black puerto rican

im comfortable saying it because i dont mean anything by it

its really not a big deal and saying it shouldnt bother anyone

we say **** every 5 seconds, and we dont give a crap about that

someone whos been ***** would cry everytime they see that we just throw around that word

this is smash not politics

yeah jona next time i see that in my thread you're getting a censor dodge infraction

this is your warning

also if you ever post a match where you're SS and not scar you're getting permabanned esp if you win

scrub
gotta be kidding me

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Scar never kids around. He's all business, all the time. That's why he wears a suit.

Turazrok

Smash Master
wow youre really getting mad at that?

first off im puerto rican, were all black

my dad's side is black puerto rican

im comfortable saying it because i dont mean anything by it

its really not a big deal and saying it shouldnt bother anyone

we say **** every 5 seconds, and we dont give a crap about that

someone whos been ***** would cry everytime they see that we just throw around that word

this is smash not politics

gotta be kidding me
Why

Do

You

Always

Type

So

Weird?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
From my experience, falcon's dthrow turns into a sort of rock-paper-scissors sitation, where peach winning is her landing a nair, falcon winning is him following up, and peach getting away unscathed would be a tie

when I play against falcon, I usually DI the dthrow in at zero, he jumps forward and hits me with the first hit of the nair, and then I nair out. the proper way to punish inward DI at zero is to do a standing sh nair, peach pretty much soaks up that hit and you're set for a followup. I usually nair out after that, LOL, but I'm sure you can do something
If he's reading that, I'll DI it out, and tech appropriately. It's hard for falcon to follow up when I DI out if he doesn't expect it, but if he does and I miss the tech, then I'm ****ed.

Just to clear up the rumor, dair does not do that well vs a recovering peach. The umbrella is a pretty big disjointed hitbox, and she rises suprisingly fast, so whenever a falcon tries to look cool like scar and do something to dair, I up-b into them before the attack comes out or before they fastfall. It's still an option because she cannot do an aerial while recovering unless she floats. I consider it more of a rushdown tactic on a peach than an actual kill move, sort of a gimmick kill.

Peach is a dumb hoe

also mash return to look cool like mango

D

Deleted member

From my experience, falcon's dthrow turns into a sort of rock-paper-scissors sitation, where peach winning is her landing a nair, falcon winning is him following up, and peach getting away unscathed would be a tie

when I play against falcon, I usually DI the dthrow in at zero, he jumps forward and hits me with the first hit of the nair, and then I nair out. the proper way to punish inward DI at zero is to do a standing sh nair, peach pretty much soaks up that hit and you're set for a followup. I usually nair out after that, LOL, but I'm sure you can do something
If he's reading that, I'll DI it out, and tech appropriately. It's hard for falcon to follow up when I DI out if he doesn't expect it, but if he does and I miss the tech, then I'm ****ed.

Just to clear up the rumor, dair does not do that well vs a recovering peach. The umbrella is a pretty big disjointed hitbox, and she rises suprisingly fast, so whenever a falcon tries to look cool like scar and do something to dair, I up-b into them before the attack comes out or before they fastfall. It's still an option because she cannot do an aerial while recovering unless she floats. I consider it more of a rushdown tactic on a peach than an actual kill move, sort of a gimmick kill.

Peach is a dumb hoe

also mash return to look cool like mango

the key is to trade the umbrella with a stomp as she first uses it in an attempt to sweet spot the edge

most peaches will be so suprirsed that they won't meteor it, even if they do, you just added 16% damage and you are pretty much safe

Magus420

Smash Master
If Peach DIs the d-throw in at 0% they can just hold up against a SH n-air to avoid the 2nd hit without even needing to SDI it. It's the type of situation that's great for the FJ or instant DJ to FF n-air I was talking about before though. Even if they SDI the 1st kick it'll still get the 2nd hit if you do it right.

Off a grab at like 0-10ish, if they DI the FJ-FF/IDJ-FF n-air low you can FJ double u-air, and if they DI the n-air high you can FJ double u-air or if they were at almost 0 when you grabbed you could also SHFFL u-air to FJ double u-air. When she's at around 20+% she can't n-air between the u-airs in a FJ double u-air, and d-throw->FJ/IDJ FF n-air gets her to that percent and in the right position for it when they DI the throw high at very low damage.

___ DI N-Air High -> FJ Dbl U-Air _____ DI N-Air High -> SHFFL U-Air -> FJ Dbl U-Air
_

____ DI N-Air Low -> FJ Dbl U-Air

____ U-Air -> Not Enough Hitstun

Grab on Peach below 15%
You can try to regrab if they DI the throw low until like 30/40ish, though it's not entirely guaranteed and it's possible to DJ/wiggle to airdodge away to escape if they DI it low enough.

If they DI to be just above regrab height you can space a SH n-air since it has more vertical range at his feet, but if they SDI it up (holding up doesn't work) they'll still be able to avoid the 2nd hit. If they do this I don't think you can really do any good followups on the throw at very low damage that lead into more things besides maybe weird stuff like a pivot b-air, or IDJ d-air over her into a techchase (you go over n-air range). If you try to FJ/IDJ FF n-air the 1st kick will go over them and miss so you can't use that.

An u-air off a d-throw at 0% at best has you getting out of lcancel lag at the same time she gets out of stun (gif at the bottom), so you'd need to space it and then try to work around what she does afterwards to get something else in. If she DI's the u-air low off a grab at around like 10 or so you should be to get a JC grab off, though if she DI's the u-air high you can't hit her.

Grab on Peach after 15%
U-air actually has some stun at this point so out of the throw you can start to u-air->regrab/FJ dbl u-air, or straight FJ dbl u-air depending on DI. Don't bother with n-air since if they DI it high at this damage you won't get as much off it as you would an u-air.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
magus delete that post before the peach players read it and learn how to escape our combos

just kidding but seriously, epic post <3

ORLY

Smash Master
I think Magus' name should be added to the name of this thread, too. This information is invaluable!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
If Peach DIs the d-throw in at 0% they can just hold up against a SH n-air to avoid the 2nd hit without even needing to SDI it. It's the type of situation that's great for the FJ or instant DJ to FF n-air I was talking about before though. Even if they SDI the 1st kick it'll still get the 2nd hit if you do it right.

Off a grab at like 0-10ish, if they DI the FJ-FF/IDJ-FF n-air low you can FJ double u-air, and if they DI the n-air high you can FJ double u-air or if they were at almost 0 when you grabbed you could also SHFFL u-air to FJ double u-air. When she's at around 20+% she can't n-air between the u-airs in a FJ double u-air, and d-throw->FJ/IDJ FF n-air gets her to that percent and in the right position for it when they DI the throw high at very low damage.

________ DI N-Air High -> FJ Dbl U-Air ________ DI N-Air High -> SHFFL U-Air -> FJ Dbl U-Air

________ DI N-Air Low -> FJ Dbl U-Air

___________ U-Air -> No Hitstun

Grab on Peach below 15%
You can try to regrab if they DI the throw low until like 30/40ish, though it's not entirely guaranteed and it's possible to DJ/wiggle to airdodge away to escape if they DI it low enough.

If they DI to be just above regrab height you can space a SH n-air since it has more vertical range at his feet, but if they SDI it up (holding up doesn't work) they'll still be able to avoid the 2nd hit. If they do this I don't think you can really do any good followups on the throw at very low damage that lead into more things besides maybe weird stuff like a pivot b-air, or IDJ d-air over her into a techchase (you go over n-air range). If you try to FJ/IDJ FF n-air the 1st kick will go over them and miss so you can't use that.

An u-air off a d-throw at 0% at best has you getting out of lcancel lag at the same time she gets out of stun (gif at the bottom), so you'd need to space it and then try to work around what she does afterwards to get something else in. If she DI's the u-air low off a grab at around like 10 or so you should be to get a JC grab off, though if she DI's the u-air high you can't hit her.

Grab on Peach after 15%
U-air actually has some stun at this point so out of the throw you can start to u-air->regrab/FJ dbl u-air, or straight FJ dbl u-air depending on DI. Don't bother with n-air since if they DI it high at this damage you won't get as much off it as you would an u-air.

Best post in the thread. I also love Magus for always using the green Falcon :D

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
all i know is complaining about words is gay

and magus is insane

and i really didnt understand his post

but the gif's explained it all

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Scar we love you, don't be jealous.

Its just magus only comes and visits every once and a while, so we get excited to see him when he gets here.

You're still our favorite, we just take you for granted.

edit

ok so Ive been trolling the falco boards and i've discovered that mogwai and dr pp are going to get together @ pound 4 and discuss all kinds of devious ways to destroy us falcon mains. Everyone who is going to pound 4 (Hax, Scar, etc) need to find me on Day 1 (Ill be the guy in the purple Adrian Peterson Vikings jersey) I have formulated a plan to stop this nasty collab that is going to occur, but I'll need some help!

voorhese

Smash Master
hey i found out that if u chase someone who is in the air, you can basicly jab reset them, except with a nair thats fast falled fast enough that only 1 hit hits

Top Bottom