• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is really interesting. Although there is a lot of characters (and some of them are just "fillers": Mario, Zelda characters for example), seeing the japanese point of view is fascinating.

Only they can put not one, not two, but FOUR Zangeki no Reginleiv characters!
I'm pretty sure a majority of the characters at the bottom are considered unlikely or having few chances, while the ones at the top are considered likely in his eyes. Then again, you don't see people asking for the Balance Board in the Smash Ballot unless they are trolling. :laugh:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, sure, a lot of them are unlikely.

But as I said, only the japanese can think of four Zangeki no Reginleiv characters. More than Advance Wars!

I really want to try this game. I love the norse mythology.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That is Gonzales's fan website since he sort of knows that he might as well be one of Sakurai's secret character artists. He was rather excellent since the Brawl days and predicted certain characters before they were even revealed (Especially the likes of Wii Fit Trainer and Villager). :laugh:
That's right! His website is practically Smashify, but with TONS more characters, all drawn in what I personally believe to be a Brawl mock up. (Not that any of them look bad or anything.)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah I was familiar with their work and recognized their style but I was just wondering which game the design came from. Also about the previous comment about long hair and female characters- I wasn't fond with Lucina's and Palutena's hair. I know hair is one of the hardest things to get looking nice (and playing nice with animations and physics) but it bothers me for some reason. Maybe more so Palutena, but something has to give with that amount of hair I suppose.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shipment data as March 2014 (in millions):

Mario: 498.30
Pokémon: 235.00
Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Party/Music: 201.60
Zelda: 78.26
Donkey Kong: 56.49
Brain Training: 43.38
Kirby: 30.89
Nintendogs: 27.46
Animal Crossing: 25.94
Smash Bros: 25.10
Wario: 18.05
Yoshi: 17.85
Metroid: 13.84
Star Fox: 8.81
Luigi’s Mansion: 7.30
Tomodachi: 5.61
F-Zero: 5.00
Punch-Out!!: 4.16
Style Boutique: 4.01
Game & Watch Gallery: 3.44
Kid Icarus: 2.99
Golden Sun: 2.77
Pikmin: 2.71
Pilotwings: 2.26

If we take a look at this, Style Savvy alone almost matched the total sales of the Punch Out games and sold more than the Game & Watch Gallery series. If this doesn't mean that she's going to be on Sakurai's radar in the future then I don't know what will.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

If we take a look at this, Style Savvy alone almost matched the total sales of the Punch Out games and sold more than the Game & Watch Gallery series. If this doesn't mean that she's going to be on Sakurai's radar in the future then I don't know what will.
Don't forget, Style Savvy outsold Sakurai's baby Kid Icarus. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't forget, Style Savvy outsold Sakurai's baby Kid Icarus. :troll:
True, but that didn't stop the series from getting so much representation in the end. With the third game selling well in Japan, I can imagine it doing better than KI and getting closer to Punch Out's total sales by now. :awesome:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Pilot Wings is on that chart??? (BTW, So sorry if I'm getting off topic.....)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pilot Wings is on that chart??? (BTW, So sorry if I'm getting off topic.....)
Yes, it was something that @toadster101 either compiled himself or found from older sales charts on the Internet. Seeing its appearance there basically explains why we were given the stage since it is the go to franchise for testing the graphic capabilities of any new console (Unless it's the SNES, N64, and 3DS). There's a great reason why we would only see these games for that very reason instead of being released on a later lifespan for a console.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nintendogs and Brain Training sell amazingly more than I thought. Geez. Style Savvy will probably grow a bit more with the newest release as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nintendogs and Brain Training sell amazingly more than I thought. Geez. Style Savvy will probably grow a bit more with the newest release as well.
Too bad PETA gets in the way of a playable Nintendog and Kawashima was given the AT treatment. You know those animal SJW's would lose it if a realistic dog can be beaten around in Smash.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Too bad PETA gets in the way of a playable Nintendog and Kawashima was given the AT treatment. You know those animal SJW's would lose it if a realistic dog can be beaten around in Smash.
I wouldn't want anyone to punch a puppy either! ;A;

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've seen some work arounds with keeping them polygonal, or having the robo dog be the main dog, or have the character include the cursor used in the game that is the "main" character.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Hey guys, Link clearly supports Savvy Stylist.
I mean you do have to wonder who made all his outfits for Zelda Triforce Heroes.

Alright new head canon: savvy Stylist is Links's fashion designer.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, Link clearly supports Savvy Stylist.
I mean you do have to wonder who made all his outfits for Zelda Triforce Heroes.

Alright new head canon: savvy Stylist is Links's fashion designer.
To be honest, this was my very first reaction to the entire trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if the growing trend of fashion plus Style Savvy had any influence in it.

We've got to find some way to make this a new meme. :awesome:

Laniv

Smash Champion
So, I trust we've heard that Girls Mode 3 allows Miis to be interpreted as cute girls?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Style Savvy has:

Popularity
Great sales
Sakurai is aware of both the above(gave the style savvy a trophy and music in Smash)
On going series(new game in Japan)

Why add Savvy Styist over anyone else? Whothe heck else can fight someone using fashion? Lol

Hopefully she is playable :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Style Savvy has:

Popularity
Great sales
Sakurai is aware of both the above(gave the style savvy a trophy and music in Smash)
On going series(new game in Japan)

Why add Savvy Styist over anyone else? Whothe heck else can fight someone using fashion? Lol

Hopefully she is playable :)
If she doesn't make it as DLC, then there's still Smash 5 since I can tell that Nintendo would keep brining out them Style Saavy games since it's the next Nintendogs.

Sakurai always pick a curveball every once in a while and no one would be better than this girl. :woman:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Hopefully in a future Style Savvy game they add a gay fashion designer as a character and he can be a character alt for Savvy Stylist girl ;)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hopefully in a future Style Savvy game they add a gay fashion designer as a character and he can be a character alt for Savvy Stylist girl ;)
Not sure if it'd ever fly since they tend to be stereotypical and then censored and genderbent when they make it across the ocean like Pario/Rococco in Style Savvy or Gracie Grace in Animal Crossing or (not exactly the same case) Vivian in Paper Mario.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not sure if it'd ever fly since they tend to be stereotypical and then censored and genderbent when they make it across the ocean like Pario/Rococco in Style Savvy or Gracie Grace in Animal Crossing or (not exactly the same case) Vivian in Paper Mario.
I was about to mention that too, especially the first part with Rococco. And let's not forget the most famous one of all (Birdo) and how she had been retconned as being "indeterminate" or female in certain Mario related titles these days.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I was about to mention that too, especially the first part with Rococco. And let's not forget the most famous one of all (Birdo) and how she had been retconned as being "indeterminate" or female in certain Mario related titles these days.
Oh yeah I forgot Birdo, but that is similar to Vivian's case. I am sure there are other cases that I just am not thinking of as well. At the same time they were also representing stereotypes so I am okay without them (The only one I do care about the gender swap was Vivian.) In gaming as a whole gay characters are usually stereotypes played for laughs, just hinted or eluded to, or mental cases who tend to be either monsters/perverts, mass murders, or one of the 'big bads' in the game (Or all 3!.)

It's been getting better recently though, but I don't see a playable male character in style savvy anytime soon.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
They finally allowed Gay Marraiges in the new Fire Emblem Fates game. I'm sure a gay character could totally happen in Style Savvy ;)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
They finally allowed Gay Marraiges in the new Fire Emblem Fates game. I'm sure a gay character could totally happen in Style Savvy ;)
True, but FE has the whole 'anime/otaku' audience and plays on anime tropes and (sometimes) fanservice. Style savvy goes a bit more on the shojo side of Anime. I still don't see them going out of their way to doing it but I'd love to see it.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hey!!! Why Aren't I on the supporters list? >:( I made a trailer for her on this thread </3 please add me

Also, has it been agreed that Nicky would be representing the series or the title of the fighter herself is "Savvy Stylist"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey!!! Why Aren't I on the supporters list? >:( I made a trailer for her on this thread </3 please add me

Also, has it been agreed that Nicky would be representing the series or the title of the fighter herself is "Savvy Stylist"
You heard him @ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin rectify this issue immediately...... for fashion!

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion

Come to think of it, I'm not on that list either...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd be down for the Savvy Stylist in Smash. I won't be doing much to support them but I'll celebrate with you guys if they somehow make it in. Add me to the support list.

I don't know how they would fight though...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Really want some sweet, sweet Style Savvy, Rhythm Heaven, and Advance Wars action in smash 5.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
@ Wii Twerk Trainer Wii Twerk Trainer , you've never heard of Baba from F-Zero, huh? He's the only openly gay characters in the game. Matter of fact, he was one of the first Nintendo characters to be gay back in 2003! Going back on topic, should the Savvy Stylist be like the Mii Fighter and gain costumes based off of various Nintendo and Third-Party franchises, or am I thinking too much into this again?

Top Bottom