• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
To be honest, it's probably like Pete/Jack from Harvest Moon. I would just call her the Savvy Stylist to be safe.
Well thing is I want them to know we want the MAIN character, not a side one. I'll vote later

Actually is Nicky from Trendsetters or the first one?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well thing is I want them to know we want the MAIN character, not a side one. I'll vote later

Actually is Nicky from Trendsetters or the first one?
If any of the Style Savvy topics from Gamefaqs are anything to go by, the canon name of the stylist is Nicky. But like you said, we'll just call her the Stylist (Similar to Villager and Wii Fit Trainer) just to be on the safe side.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I heard about the poll yesterday, but I waited until today to vote because I want them to know that this is NO JOKE.

If you haven't done so already, get out there and vote, fellow aspiring fashion moguls. Although we aren't the most vocal fandom, our voices must be heard when it counts. They may try to disenfranchise our vote because of the Stylist's name (or lack thereof), but that will not stop us. You may feel like voting for some character from some franchise that already has at least one playable character in Smash. DON'T. Why? Because... Good Lord... this just has to happen! I am spreading the good word, and I advise all of you to do the same. Disregard any "lol no" responses, you may come across. Because every "wtf? omg. yes!" is another potential supporter, and that is what truly matters.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Voted for her already @ KatKit KatKit . Now to wait for the results since I made it as heart felt as possible. My sister also voted for her too since she loves the games.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Cool! ^^

In retrospect, I'm sure a decent amount of people in this topic voted for her. I should've posted my speech elsewhere, haha. There's several reasons why she should be playable; I also tried to make good use of my explanation.

On a different site that I go to, I'm going to start a campaign for Style Savvy for Smash, and my tagline will be 'wtf? omg. yes!'

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cool! ^^

In retrospect, I'm sure a decent amount of people in this topic voted for her. I should've posted my speech elsewhere, haha. There's several reasons why she should be playable; I also tried to make good use of my explanation.

On a different site that I go to, I'm going to start a campaign for Style Savvy for Smash, and my tagline will be 'wtf? omg. yes!'
Cool, I can't wait to see the campaign's final design in all it's delicious glory. Expect a lot of Oh my god's and What the ****'s from sites like Tumblr and Twitter. :troll:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I know that in france it is "La maison du style", so "The house of Style".

According to Wikipedia, the UK name is Style Boutique.

So I think we europeans would call her Stylist.

Starlight_Lily

The European names for the games are(meanin PAL region):
Nintendo presents: Style Boutique, which is Style Savvy in the USA.

Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique, is Style Savvy Trendsetters in the USA.

Even only I had one of the damn games, this would be so much easier i could check for the damn main character's name...

Edit:
Looked into the character on Style Savvy she has no name...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Idk she's interesting and may be a kookie character. I'll try and see how she fairs.

Starlight_Lily

I'm already playing the game, and honestly. It's pretty addicting and fun, though I cringe every second I play it.
Why do you cringe? Surely you feel FABULOUS when you play it, right?

...I'm sorry I couldn't resist. On another note just from playing the demo this game seems to go deep into the customisation.
How good would you say the game is?

Starlight_Lily

Pretty good, though for the most part, it just seems like color matching to me now.
I believe the genre Style Savvy is in counts simulation, if I remember correctly., mainly because you are simulating being a stylist effectively.
So outside of colour matching how does it play?

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
I like the character idea. It's a Nintendo game and it would make for an interesting character!

What's with that B Down tho'! Would that remove her hurt boxes? Would she be affected by damaged or knock back while using it? It sounds like it could be abused for stalling.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like the character idea. It's a Nintendo game and it would make for an interesting character!

What's with that B Down tho'! Would that remove her hurt boxes? Would she be affected by damaged or knock back while using it? It sounds like it could be abused for stalling.
Plus, the series was able to get two songs over the likes of Rhythm Heaven.

As for that last part, you may want to ask
@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin about that one.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

The Down B sounded like a good idea at the time, but since characters changing models during battle(Besides Final Smashes) isn't a thing anymore and now this , mayhaps it's time to think of a new one.

Although I guess she can just step into a dressing room on wheels and THAT could be the downside
Cause it'll get sent flying like rolling crate

Gosh I was NOT getting notifications that this thread was getting posted in

But yes, Along with Ridley, I have Voted for Savvy Stylist, maybe Savvy Stylist a bit more?
I'll never tell

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Style Savvy pressures me too much with all the fashion choices I have to make, yet it's so addicting
This game is poison. :L
But you'll look fabulous and get super popular, soon

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
At first, I thought Savvy Stylist would be a weird character choice for a fighting game but then I thought it might be interesting to have a female character who wasn't designed with a prominently male audience in mind.
You have my support.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The Down B sounded like a good idea at the time, but since characters changing models during battle(Besides Final Smashes) isn't a thing anymore and now this , mayhaps it's time to think of a new one.

Although I guess she can just step into a dressing room on wheels and THAT could be the downside
Cause it'll get sent flying like rolling crate

Gosh I was NOT getting notifications that this thread was getting posted in

But yes, Along with Ridley, I have Voted for Savvy Stylist, maybe Savvy Stylist a bit more?
I'll never tell
I don't necessarily think characters that change models is out, so much as characters that change into other characters (Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS). With how you describe it, the clothes will change the model and maybe provide a stat-boost like Shulk's Monado Arts but the attacks will be the same. I think it could still work. :B

PoopFeast420

Smash Cadet
This is the best idea i've ever seen on this forum to date. Please put me on the supporter list if there even is one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So apparently Girls Mode 3 supports Amiibo. I will be surprised if they don't have the villager Amiibo or the Animal crossing Amiibo cards scan in as the Gracie Grace DLC from the last game.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I certainly wouldn't. Nintendo is kinda dumb sometimes.
I Actually meant to say I wouldn't be surprised if it happens but I don't expect it. It isn't a matter of being dumb but a matter of will it make money.

Back on topic, the sound effects of after she satisfies a customer could definitely be worked into a victory theme maybe with the j-pop influenced songs themes mixed in as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Back on topic, the sound effects of after she satisfies a customer could definitely be worked into a victory theme maybe with the j-pop influenced songs themes mixed in as well.
That can actually work since she does seem like someone who enjoys that genre. I can already imagine it as the most viewed Victory Theme if she were to get it (J-Pop being a popular genre and all).

Speaking of J-Pop, Lana would fit in well with Nikki in Smash since they look like J-Pop stars. Though that would be a pipe dream given that both characters aren't getting that many votes.

mxrcv

Smash Rookie
Girls Mode 3 is going strong on this weeks gamechart in japan, it took the the #1 spot, maybe this will consider Sakurai to make a Style Savvy character considering it will still sell well
maybe not as DLC, but as a candidate for the next Smash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Girls Mode 3 is going strong on this weeks gamechart in japan, it took the the #1 spot, maybe this will consider Sakurai to make a Style Savvy character considering it will still sell well
That was the same thing I've thought when looking at the charts a few days ago. The series is just that popular in Japan (Like Rhythm Heaven), that Sakurai and the team wouldn't flat out ignore it in the next game. While she might not be heavily requested in the ballot, the Stylist will probably have her votes noticed by the team and can be taken in consideration for the future.

Also, they really need to bring that game over to the week since me and my sitter want to play it soooo bad.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
HOLY COW WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
GIVE ME A LINK!
Just checked holy cow, it's doing great!

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
HOLY COW WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
GIVE ME A LINK!
Just checked holy cow, it's doing great!
The series has always been a blockbuster title in Japan. When it came out it was the best selling New IP of 2008 in Japan. Reggie likened its success to Pokemon in how it started a bit slow but it quickly spiked.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The series has always been a blockbuster title in Japan. When it came out it was the best selling New IP of 2008 in Japan. Reggie likened its success to Pokemon in how it started a bit slow but it quickly spiked.
Like I said, Style Savvy is a definite shoo-in for the sequel. Besides, I can't name a single character that could be the "Wii Fit Trainer" of the next Smash. :troll:

Just imagine the various outfits that she get to wear for her costumes or even that clothing changing gimmick. With the large amount of styles and accessories to chose from, it should ' be too hard for ol' Sak to think of something for her (Given we have TWO songs in Smash Wii U).

mxrcv

Smash Rookie
Girls mode 3 still going strong on the japanese game chart, ranking on #2, Sakurai make it happen! #stylistfor5mash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Girls mode 3 still going strong on the japanese game chart, ranking on #2, Sakurai make it happen! #stylistfor5mash
You hear this Sakurai? Even there is demand for a fashionable girl to join the battle! Just think of the many costume possibilities with this character!

Top Bottom