• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savvy Stylist - Sets the Trend, Style Savvy 3 coming to Europe

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh, really? Well, thanks a lot! I would have also accepted you also mentioning Nester having the "alternate" name of Lark in Pilot Wings 64.:awesome:
I'm not as much of a fanboy of him/pilotwings as you are so some stuff slip my mind at times ^^;
Thank you. I knew he looked familiar.

And interesting. The shoe would be funniest imo.
Hmm well I haven't played the games so I am not sure if there is a recurring symbol as well...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow! It's.....actually.......pretty good to hear! Really upbeat! I was just beginning to hear about 3 minutes before that video was posted!:laugh: Remind me again though, does this song play in Wuhu Island or Pilot Wings? I don't mind for either, but I secretly REALLY hope this song plays on Pilot Wings. I mean, just imagine, fighting on the giant wings of planes with this song playing in the background, all the while taking in an aerial tour of Lesson 3's island from the original Pilot Wings, and then a big aerial tour of Wuhu Island. Also, personally, this song seems like one you would more likely hear in the actual Pilot Wings games, if not Style Savvy.
It's playable on Wuhu Island, no Pilotwings sadly.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068

Here it is, the moment we all been waiting for. It's just as adorable and fashionable as the games themselves.
This song is actually really really good. I suppose this IS Nintendo. I had no idea Style Savvy was even Nintendo in the first place.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Style Savvy Trendsetter being a newcomer if she comes along with good laughs and good music like this. (I mean, there's still people I'd want more, but she kew).

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
OMG I LOVE THAT THIS GAME GOT ANY REP AT ALL IN SMASH. Like I ****ing love trendsetters so much. It's so under appreciated just because it's a game that appeals to girls. It's such a customization heavy and well detailed sim game. IT DESERVES THE REP.

I'm so pro Style Savvy in Smash.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I wasn't joking, I really don't like how Waddle Dee looks and it is one of the few characters I am actually against getting into Smash

This has nothing to do with the Savvy Stylist, though :upsidedown:
I want both characters. Also I don't know how people can find Waddle Dees ugly when they're cute warm colored puffs with eyes. WHATEVER.

Unstylish tastes, I suppose.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I want both characters. Also I don't know how people can find Waddle Dees ugly and they're cute warm colored puffs with eyes. WHATEVER.

Unstylish tastes, I suppose.
THANK YOU! I'm personally not trying to change anyone's opinion of them, but I personally find the Waddle Dees (especially Bandana Waddle Dee!) unbelievably cute and cuddly! I'm just surprised anyone can't like them. I mean they're just THAT adorable!

Also, I'm in the same boat with you! I'm also amazed Style Savvy got ANY representation in Smash! A trophy in 3DS version of Smash 4 and not one, but TWO pieces of music in the Wii U version of Smash 4! All this really makes me wonder, maybe Sakurai has more in mind for Style Savvy than we think? Maybe a certain playable character from the series?.......:smirk:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
THANK YOU! I'm personally not trying to change anyone's opinion of them, but I personally find the Waddle Dees (especially Bandana Waddle Dee!) unbelievably cute and cuddly! I'm just surprised anyone can't like them. I mean they're just THAT adorable!

Also, I'm in the same boat with you! I'm also amazed Style Savvy got ANY representation in Smash! A trophy in 3DS version of Smash 4 and not one, but TWO pieces of music in the Wii U version of Smash 4! All this really makes me wonder, maybe Sakurai has more in mind for Style Savvy than we think? Maybe a certain playable character from the series?.......:smirk:
This kind of makes me want to design and draw a style savvy diva whose outfit is inspired by Bandana Dee. I may do this sometime.

I would LOVE Style Savvy Diva... under the condition that she have different skin color and outfit/hair color options as well. I think that a moveset with her could be so creative and quirky in the same vain as characters like Pac-Man and Wii Fit trainer.

She could have hilarious tagline like "Style Diva joins with Killer Style!" or something equally goofy.

THE games have a lot of content too. Maybe she could pull things like the Mannequins from the front of her store, attack with things like purses and heels, maybe having clients attack, I DUNNO. It's fun to think about it though and I love the game. I'd also imagine it would piss off ridiculous gamer dudes who would HATE that a girls' game is getting rep... especially over characters like Ridley :X

Just because I like the idea, of an underdog getting in and repping a new franchise really.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Awesome song. I'm hoping the Wii U version has a couple of trophies, too. The future is looking very bright for us Style Savvy supporters. :D

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This kind of makes me want to design and draw a style savvy diva whose outfit is inspired by Bandana Dee. I may do this sometime.

I would LOVE Style Savvy Diva... under the condition that she have different skin color and outfit/hair color options as well. I think that a moveset with her could be so creative and quirky in the same vain as characters like Pac-Man and Wii Fit trainer.

She could have hilarious tagline like "Style Diva joins with Killer Style!" or something equally goofy.

THE games have a lot of content too. Maybe she could pull things like the Mannequins from the front of her store, attack with things like purses and heels, maybe having clients attack, I DUNNO. It's fun to think about it though and I love the game. I'd also imagine it would piss off ridiculous gamer dudes who would HATE that a girls' game is getting rep... especially over characters like Ridley :X

Just because I like the idea, of an underdog getting in and repping a new franchise really.
Then that means that she would be the fifth avatar character in Smash along with Villager, Mii Fighter, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robin. Like Villager, she can have a wide variety of outfits and cosmetic changes (skin tone, make up, ect.) for her 8 colors. AS for a gimmick, the only one I've thought of so far is the Outfit Change (which gives her a stats change based on the outfit she wears). It would work similar to Shulk's Monado abilities, but have the inevitable dressing room to act as a momentary shield during the changing process.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Then that means that she would be the fifth avatar character in Smash along with Villager, Mii Fighter, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robin. Like Villager, she can have a wide variety of outfits and cosmetic changes (skin tone, make up, ect.) for her 8 colors. AS for a gimmick, the only one I've thought of so far is the Outfit Change (which gives her a stats change based on the outfit she wears). It would work similar to Shulk's Monado abilities, but have the inevitable dressing room to act as a momentary shield during the changing process.
lol, make her a Shulk clone? That might work... I dunno, this character is a blank canvas to work with much like Duck Hunt Dog. Not like the dog we even playable in Duck Hunt and yet they did it. So tons of ideas are open as a possibility for this character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
lol, make her a Shulk clone? That might work... I dunno, this character is a blank canvas to work with much like Duck Hunt Dog. Not like the dog we even playable in Duck Hunt and yet they did it. So tons of ideas are open as a possibility for this character.
You're right, she shouldn't really be that gimmicky of a character. Though there are many opportunities to draw from due to this game being customization heavy (purses, hangers, outfits, boots, ect.). She wouldn't really need a gimmick since there are many crazy attacks she can have to begin with. Since she's a manager of a studio, having some attacks to summon clients would be one way to go.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
You're right, she shouldn't really be that gimmicky of a character. Though there are many opportunities to draw from due to this game being customization heavy (purses, hangers, outfits, boots, ect.). She wouldn't really need a gimmick since there are many crazy attacks she can have to begin with. Since she's a manager of a studio, having some attacks to summon clients would be one way to go.
What if she was combined with Shulk's gimmick and Olimar...

LOL like she throws shoes and hats and accessories that the other characters wear and they do some kind of damage...

LOLOL not sure why this idea is cracking me up so much right now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly, I think that a costume changing special attack would be kinda hard to pull - or at least too much work. The different styles can work well with the alt costumes! So many fashionable looks! http://style-savvy-trendsetters.wikia.com/wiki/Taste

The Final Smash should be either a Fashion Show with lights are fireworks (damaging fireworks, of course), or a FS called Black Friday :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

LOL like she throws shoes and hats and accessories that the other characters wear and they do some kind of damage...

That seems like something Sakurai would do, I like it. :laugh:

After all, nothing comes between a girl and her shopping after all.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

It's as stupid as awesome. I love it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can tell that her and Wii FIt Trainer would get along just fine in Smash 5. I mean, those two were made to be BFF's that smash in style.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think that a costume changing special attack would be kinda hard to pull - or at least too much work. The different styles can work well with the alt costumes! So many fashionable looks! http://style-savvy-trendsetters.wikia.com/wiki/Taste

The Final Smash should be either a Fashion Show with lights are fireworks (damaging fireworks, of course), or a FS called Black Friday :awesome:
OMG I really like your final smash idea. The one I had was Style Diva dressing up a character behind a closed curtain to than reveal the character in stylish oufit, to than have that animation that plays when a client is so freaking happy that hearts and rainbows appear... than the character gets launched or something...

but your idea makes a lot more sense

smashkirby

Smash Hero

You know what? It's funny, but the person who made this thread suggested that the Fashion Runway/Fashion Show from the games should be a stage. I don't remember much, but I think you can find more about in the OP. I do remember some details about how it's similar to Boxing Ring, and that when a model struts onto the runway, a special effect occurs. Maybe we can make a list of different special effects?

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Wow I can't believe I went from being the only Style Savvy Supporter to actually gaining a big following!? Oh my! Would be hilarious to see her playable in the future. She better take a selfie if playable. :)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
You know what? It's funny, but the person who made this thread suggested that the Fashion Runway/Fashion Show from the games should be a stage. I don't remember much, but I think you can find more about in the OP. I do remember some details about how it's similar to Boxing Ring, and that when a model struts onto the runway, a special effect occurs. Maybe we can make a list of different special effects?
Or it could be like the boxing ring in that the fighters are the "models" where as the fighters are the "boxers" in the boxing ring.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
OHGAAAD DAT STYLE SAVVY MUSIC ROCKS XD
BTW Anyone here remember thatt glass bowl thingy in Trendsetters where the players collects happiness and rewards you with some bonuses via the moon? I was wondering if anyone could incorporate that into the moveset since it's kinda magical or something :3

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
*flips sign* OK, we're officially open for business for today!

So, I was thinking. Maybe her name could also be Trendsetter. :T

OHGAAAD DAT STYLE SAVVY MUSIC ROCKS XD
BTW Anyone here remember thatt glass bowl thingy in Trendsetters where the players collects happiness and rewards you with some bonuses via the moon? I was wondering if anyone could incorporate that into the moveset since it's kinda magical or something :3
I never played any of the Style Savvy games, so I have no idea. Has potential though.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
So, I was thinking. Maybe her name could also be Trendsetter. :T
Hmm Wander what other regions would car her though with it known as Girls Mode/Style Boutique/Girls Style, etc. and different subtitles for the 3DS version (Like Fashion Leaders Deceleration or the PAL version just adding the word "New" in front of Fashion Boutique.) - Even if they went with Savvy Stylist, some regions would have... problems coming up with a comparable name. It could always be a generic term as Fashionista (Like Villager/Trainer are in a way) or if the character has a default name....

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
I 100% support this. A relevant Nintendo character, brings uniqueness to Smash, represents more Nintendo series', AND can bring a huge ****storm? That is the perfect character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I 100% support this. A relevant Nintendo character, brings uniqueness to Smash, represents more Nintendo series', AND can bring a huge ****storm? That is the perfect character.
Agreed, we can all agree that the outburst at Wii Fit Trainer's addition was the best part of E3 2013 when it came to Smash. :troll:

If the Savvy Stylist were to join Smash, I can guarantee you all she she would have the best costumes in the game. Hell, at least her fabulous appearance would make up or sad Ghirahim's loss.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm so happy Style Savvy is getting more spotlight to Nintendo fans here!
That's always great to hear! (Now if only Panel de Pon had that kind of recognition)

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
If they make a sequel by the next smash, I'd say she has a very strong chance as a character or assist or even stage of Style Savvy.

It's nice to see this kind of support for weird characters you wouldn't expect.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hmm Wander what other regions would car her though with it known as Girls Mode/Style Boutique/Girls Style, etc. and different subtitles for the 3DS version (Like Fashion Leaders Deceleration or the PAL version just adding the word "New" in front of Fashion Boutique.) - Even if they went with Savvy Stylist, some regions would have... problems coming up with a comparable name. It could always be a generic term as Fashionista (Like Villager/Trainer are in a way) or if the character has a default name....
In France, we usually refer her as the Stylist. Simple, but clear. It's up to the traducer anyway, Villager is Villageois in french, but it become Habitant in Quebec... Which isn't really "Villager".

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really like the Style Savvy remix, it's insanely catchy.

There's a number of characters I'd want first but I wouldn't be totally opposed to a playable Style Savvy character. I have to admit there's a certain comedic appeal to slapping Mario around with a handbag. Plus she'd have the sassiest taunts.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I really like the Style Savvy remix, it's insanely catchy.

There's a number of characters I'd want first but I wouldn't be totally opposed to a playable Style Savvy character. I have to admit there's a certain comedic appeal to slapping Mario around with a handbag. Plus she'd have the sassiest taunts.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gracie (Animal Crossing) had taught her a thing or two about insulting someone's style in the fight. :troll:

Quillion

Smash Hero
You know what we should do?

Get either the Game Grumps or Lucahjin to play Style Savvy. Particularly the latter; her disgusting sense of humor would make the game more palatable.

Top Bottom