• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yay for Smashy good times! <3

OMG RICK IS COMING

Time to celebrate
Aw, Jun! I can't wait to see you! <3

I would be so down to play. haha I am awful at this game and need some sheik experience.
And I can give a Wretched a ride too if he would like to come. Where/when works for you?
Ooh, and I could always use Marth practice! That is your main, yes? Either way, Thursday after 7:00 works best for me, I hope that people will still be available to play!

I know that both
Gold Dart and Wretched said that they could host, but should things not pan out as planned, and assuming people don't mind making the trek to Rancho Bernardo, I would be more than happy to host something at my house! <3

I could probably host if someone could bring a CRTV. I have a Wii but no melee disc or memory card.
I can bring a GameCube, and maybe even a TV, too! I would definitely show up Thursday if you hosted something, but if you'd prefer to come over, instead, that'd work fine, too! See above! <3

I could host Thursday, if that sounds good to everyone.
That sounds perfect! What part of San Diego do you live in? Also, I wouldn't mind hosting if something came up with you! See above!

---

I hope that we can make this happen! I'm so excited to play with my old friends, and make lots of new ones in the process! <3

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, posting here or text messaging me at (858)-776-3133 would work best!

Hope to see everyone soon! <3

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the Allied Gardens area, it's near SDSU.
I don't know if that's too far for you or not Rickety,but I do know that Rancho Bernardo is too far for me.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I'll be in Hillcrest until 7:00, so I'll be very close to Allied Gardens afterwards!
If you're still playing by that time, then it'd be no problem to swing by!
I'm really excited to play with you guys! Thank you so much for hosting,
Gold Dart! <3

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah let's do it! Wretched, when would you like me to pick you up? Gold Dart: I can swing by a little earlier if you want. Also I bring another tv so when we are not playing doubles we can get in more rounds per hours. (Because with four people it gets long between matches.)

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
You can come by anytime after 1:00 Nick. I'll get a table ready for that tv you're bringing.
I'll pm you my address Rickety.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Also I bring another tv so when we are not playing doubles we can get in more rounds per hours. (Because with four people it gets long between matches.)
Ooh, I'll be bringing a GameCube in case we need one, so an extra TV would be much appreciated! I want to play as many games with you guys as I possibly can! I just hope that I don't bore you too much!

Yes. I'd love to play. I'm free all tomorrow as far as I know.

Get @ me.
Yay! I can't wait to see you again, Wretched! :]

You can come by anytime after 1:00 Nick. I'll get a table ready for that tv you're bringing.
I'll pm you my address Rickety.
Cool! Thanks so much for the message! I'm so excited to play with everyone!

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Rickety: I've heard you're super ****ing good so really I just hope it's not the other way around! And to answer your previous question, I main marth but play a bit of jiggs as well. I am not sure which one I plan to use against sheik in WGF so hopefully tonight will help me make an informed decision. haha

Oh by the way, I have told people here that WGF was free entry if one brings a set up or a TV. I think it has changed to the entry fee is waived only if you bring a TV. However, the entry fee ($5) is going to be put into the EVO 2013 donation fund so yeah <3

I'll let you guys know when I can come over today a little bit later. Just have to make sure I get a bit of homework done first.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hooray for friends, both new and old! <3

Rickety: I've heard you're super ****ing good so really I just hope it's not the other way around! And to answer your previous question, I main marth but play a bit of jiggs as well. I am not sure which one I plan to use against sheik in WGF so hopefully tonight will help me make an informed decision. haha
Super good? No way! I used to get really lucky way back when, but spamming C-stick smashes can only take a person so far these days, sigh! I just play very dumbly and run away for most of my matches, so I've (rightly) gotten a reputation of being pretty boring to watch or play with. I'm still excited to play with you, though!

Ooh, I hope that I can help you in the match-up! A lot of people say that Jigglypuff edges out Sheik nowadays, including knowledgable players that I respect a lot
(probably even crush over!)
like KirbyKaze. Maybe it's my stubborn old-school mentality (or maybe I really am hopeless), but I just don't think that I can ever bring myself to believe that match-up is anything less than 80-20 in Sheik's favor. Sheik's just too cute and cheap! <3

But like I said, you're probably much better off trusting the wisdom of smarter, more established players than icky ramblers like me!

Either way, tonight will be fun! I hoope that we can both learn lots! <3

Dude.

Rickety sucks.
Eep, Jun speaks the truth! I am pretty stinky at this game! And at practically every other endeavor I undertake, for that matter! <3

I see you lurkin Rick.
Gulp! Got me again!

edit: Can't wait to see you tho
Hooray! I can't wait to see you, either! Even though we don't get to hang out as nearly as often as I would like, you're still so fun to be around that I always get really happy when I get to hang out with you! <3

Rickety's Shrek too good ;-;

I need the MU practice tho
Aw, you're much too kind, Wretched!
It's going to be so great to hang out again! <3

--

Goodness, all this smash-talk is getting me really itchy to play! Tonight can't come fast enough! <3

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace

Super good? No way! I used to get really lucky way back when, but spamming C-stick smashes can only take a person so far these days, sigh! I just play very dumbly and run away for most of my matches, so I've (rightly) gotten a reputation of being pretty boring to watch or play with. I'm still excited to play with you, though!

Ooh, I hope that I can help you in the match-up! A lot of people say that Jigglypuff edges out Sheik nowadays, including knowledgable players that I respect a lot
(probably even crush over!)
like KirbyKaze. Maybe it's my stubborn old-school mentality (or maybe I really am hopeless), but I just don't think that I can ever bring myself to believe that match-up is anything less than 80-20 in Sheik's favor. Sheik's just too cute and cheap! <3

But like I said, you're probably much better off trusting the wisdom of smarter, more established players than icky ramblers like me!

Either way, tonight will be fun! I hoope that we can both learn lots! <3

Yeah it's going to be a lot of fun! You seem like a really sweet guy! Also as modest as you are, it can't hide your 17th place at Kings of Cali. Which is ****ing legit.
(Though it looks like I won't be able to gimmick out a win with puff then haha)

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah, so I'd be down to head on over if anyone else is ready. (If only you are ready Wretched, I could bring my CRT to your house first.)

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I am ready whenever you are, and we can play here for a bit if you want, if you don't mind being around old people.

We'd need a melee disc and a memory card tho.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Hey I just got a response back from Gold Dart, so we can just head over to his house. I'll be there in roughly 35 minutes assuming no traffic.

kibago

Smash Rookie
WGF was super fun, but what's going on between now and the next one of these?
Turok would probably be down to have a few people over to play at his suite sometime around this week if anyone's down

T44

Smash Rookie
WGF was super fun, but what's going on between now and the next one of these?
Turok would probably be down to have a few people over to play at his suite sometime around this week if anyone's down
WGF was dope. I'd definitely be down given I live like 2 feet away lol.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I need to play smash brothers one more time before boot camp. Anyone want to drive to El Cajon? I can host. Today or tomorrow.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Hey guys, is this the right regional thread for san deigo area?

I'm a smash player from the midwest. I moved from St.Louis to La Mesa for at least six months...wondering if there's anything casual going on...

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hello there! You're right, this is the San Diego Melee thread!
This, along with the UCSD Melee group ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/78151322382/?fref=ts ),
is where most of us post and figure out when to play.

As luck would have it, it looks like we might be playing tomorrow in El Cajon or UCSD,
followed by a smash-fest this Saturday in Rancho Bernardo!
I hope that you can make it to one of them! :]

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Hello there! You're right, this is the San Diego Melee thread!
This, along with the UCSD Melee group ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/78151322382/?fref=ts ),
is where most of us post and figure out when to play.

As luck would have it, it looks like we might be playing tomorrow in El Cajon or UCSD,
followed by a smash-fest this Saturday in Rancho Bernardo!
I hope that you can make it to one of them! :]
If I can get some work done, and if more info is posted, I'll try and make it out to something. I haven't been to a tournament in awhile, so I'd like to meet some local smash players and just play around a bit to see how I'm doing.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I've been out of the Smash-loop for a while,
but I'm pretty sure that most playing happens at either the
Sixth College Lodge at UCSD, or at Sizzle's apartment on the SDSU campus.

If you're interested in playing this Saturday, Saint Patrick will be having a
smash-fest at his house in Rancho Bernardo,
and I can send you his address over a private message. :]

Speaking of smash-fests, though! Were people still planning on playing today?
Either in El Cajon or at UCSD? I would love to play with Wretched at least one
more time before he leaves us! <3

Jun.

Smash Lord
See all of you nerds at EVO!

I'll start arranging a car pool for all of us

assuming we are all going

wait

we are all going.

Top Bottom