• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio, TX - Sparring Partners and Tournaments

Bluecious

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bluecious
BRAWL: Hello all, as you can see from the title, I am from San Antonio. For the past few months, my brother and I have been hosting small Brawl tournaments with our friends on Fridays.The tournaments started out as fun, but lately all of us have been looking more in the game, learning ATs, matchups, and all that jazz. We don't usually make them money tournaments because it they aren't too competitive (the same people win all the time). I am looking for more local Brawl players to come play with us and help us get better. It would be nice to start a crew/clan/etc. What sparked my interest to get into Brawl is the San Japan tournament that is coming up next month. I've never been to a Smash tournament before, so I wanted to see how I stacked up against locals (or anyone for that matter).

If anyone is interested in playing some Brawl in downtown San Antonio (new Incarnate Word University), please feel free to message/post. Hopefully we can get people to do money tournaments in the future.

MELEE: I have melee in the post because I want to pick the game up. I wanna play more people in Melee 'cause most of my friends don't touch the game at all. The San Japan tournament also has melee brackets, and I am very interested in getting good at the game as well. I'm planning on practicing for the tournament to get my butt kicked and learn a bunch of stuff.

Bluecious

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bluecious
Idk, I checked that thread and it seems to be pages of friendly nonsense. I feel that my post would just get flooded out 'cause I'm new.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you honestly feel like that than that's fine. Just means you don't actually wish to play with others.

Cause again, most of us in that thread are up to host anything if people wanted too, all we do is either sit home or work and hope something goes on when the people who work have a day off.
Most of the get togethers are at my place or occasionally Espy/Valdens. Along with the fact Espy Beros K prime I believe, and myself are staff for San Japan and gonna be helping with the Smash tournament/game room come this year.

Bluecious

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bluecious
If you honestly feel like that than that's fine. Just means you don't actually wish to play with others.
Damn, I guess I don't know why I posted this thread then.

Really though, if all you guys do is wait for someone else to initiate a tournament, then snatch away the opportunity to host one, maybe you're right about not wanting to play with you lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Damn, I guess I don't know why I posted this thread then.

Really though, if all you guys do is wait for someone else to initiate a tournament, then snatch away the opportunity to host one, maybe you're right about not wanting to play with you lol.
You made the thread wanting to play with others, but then immediately said after you felt like your post would be ignored making it seem like you were afraid to play/talk with us in that sense.

We don't have tournaments anymore, not counting 4 of us that went to MLG WHOBO a few months back. Last brawl tournament we had was the San Japan from last year.
Along with "hosting" a tournament isn't as easy as it sounds since again people are busy or their place is too small for a full blown tournament with more than 6 set ups and 20+ people and finding a venue is an issue since we cannot use Gamestop since Cliff hates us (and change in locations with it being incredibly smaller) Blondie still doing college so most likely unable to use his theater for tournaments and Nike still mia even with the Spurs winning.

Only person in our town who can have tournaments like that with everyone being under their roof was Nike, unless he pops up on smashboards asking if anybody wants to have a Smashfest sooner or later to practice for San Japan since Dallas will most likely come down to try and take 1st place you won't get any tournaments but you can get smashfests where we get together to play a tad then once it calms down we switch to league or MK8.

Bluecious

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bluecious
once it calms down we switch to league or MK8.
Oh nice you do MK8 too? I noticed that there will be a mkwii tournament at San Japan. Any hopes on a MK8 one?
Also I guess I meant a smash fest then (didn't realize there was a difference between that and tournaments); however, if I can get more setups, I have a decently sized place to hold people for one.
Mainly I was just asking for people to play with. Like if anyone wanted to hang out, eat, play smash yeah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom