• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
There are cool bronies and there are cool furries.

The majority of any fanbase will be intolerable though. That guy was in the majority sadly. Lol

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Will there be another monthly in August? I'm totally ready to get my ass kicked again

Zhea

Smash Ace
Not that I will be running. There are large changes coming to the SA Scene. First I have to finish moving. That's basically going to wreck August for my tournament plans.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Not that I will be running. There are large changes coming to the SA Scene. First I have to finish moving. That's basically going to wreck August for my tournament plans.
Large changes?

Zhea

Smash Ace
I guess to enlighten those not on the FB Group. I am moving about 20 minutes north to right off 1604. Which will probably mean that while I still can host 4 to 5 times a week, a lot of people won't be making the drive like they normally do as often. This probably means I will only have 1 or 2 smashfests a week. To counteract that I want to start running biweeklies for melee at Ultra Arcade. That's going to take some finagling though and is something I am going to work on during August. If other people within the community want to step up and run something in August or September they are more then welcome to.

Zhea

Smash Ace
It's a shame I don't play melee then
It's complicated. The PM scene here has grown a lot in a big way. There is a lot of passionate PM Players in SA who have a lot of drive to improve, so much so that PM turnouts consistently double melee turnouts.

However Ultra Arcade's owner, due to the nature of PM(It's really stupid, working on changing that) isn't comfortable having a PM tournament run there. So on top of running biweeklies, I'd have to run a separate monthly at ooples to accommodate that. This is a lot more work then in the past.

Finally, on a bit of a selfish note, I have lost interest in trying to get better at PM in it's current version. There are so many matchups in that game that I flat out hate, that I would rather forfeit then waste the next 20 minutes of my life playing in tournament. There are only about 3 characters in that game that interest me and my melee fundamentals do not transfer well enough for me to just play my normal mains. At this point PM Singles alone is more work than Melee Singles and Doubles combined, and I just don't have the energy to spare for it currently.

SA PM does deserve tournaments, they do deserve a dedicated TO, I'm just not that guy.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I play Project M during the week at ooples.
You played it during the week of the ooples tourney, or you play at ooples everyweek?

I'm totally down for p:m if its the latter after I move out to SA

RedGamer

Smash Ace
You played it during the week of the ooples tourney, or you play at ooples everyweek?
..........yes
anyways, whenever I feel down to clown, then I play P:M at ooples and occasianally Brawl/Pal Melee
because Pal is a much better game than NTSC in my opinion.

SA PM does deserve tournaments, they do deserve a dedicated TO, I'm just not that guy.
which is why I've been trying to do thangs in tourney and such. I knew it would come to this because I got dem reads. (I called this about 2/3 months in advance but nobody would listen *looks at zhea*) but it's all good, man. one TO doing everything is hard as **** and having to run two community games at once is eh, and since I'm pretty much the only one left to TO I figured why not.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
its typically tuesdays and thursdays after 2pm but today sucks ass and so will thursday, so I don't know if I will do anything this week. then again, if I give up dime I'll be able to play smash at opples on thursday. I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
its typically tuesdays and thursdays after 2pm but today sucks *** and so will thursday, so I don't know if I will do anything this week. then again, if I give up dime I'll be able to play smash at opples on thursday. I'll keep everyone posted.
If i'm not working or anything next tuesday i may show up. Possibly next thursday too if it's happening, but not until 6-7ish after orientation.

Though if it does happen this thursday i'll try to be there

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I'm typically the guy that does stuff. the only problem atm is that ooples doesn't have any CRTs, so we play on a flat screen.

Zhea, I know this is asking a lot, but would it be too much to ask if I could borrow your lagless setup?

Edit: may not play at ooples today, but tomorrow (friday) is looking really bright. sometime around 1-2 pm

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm typically the guy that does stuff. the only problem atm is that ooples doesn't have any CRTs, so we play on a flat screen.

Zhea, I know this is asking a lot, but would it be too much to ask if I could borrow your lagless setup?

Edit: may not play at ooples today, but tomorrow (friday) is looking really bright. sometime around 1-2 pm
If only I didnt work tomorrow ;-;

Always next week though, keep us posted on that Gamer

RedGamer

Smash Ace
If anybody want to shoot me a text, it's more direct than smashboards and I can keep them posted more easily.
send me a PM on smashboards and I'll hit em my #

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace

I don't want to put that responsibility on anyone, so no.

f00

Smash Rookie
I can help you transport a CRT to ooples if you want, one time before he hosts.

Oracle

Smash Master
Low Tier City 2 is next weekend! A melee and PM national event, with players from around the country like Mew2King, Westballz, D1, Wobbles, Neon, K9, and more! 2 full days in a 4000 sq ft hotel ballroom with hundreds of smashers, dedicated friendly setups, and professional streams from VGBootcamp and TourneyLocator!

Preregister at www.tourneylocator.com/prereg!

big Al the traffic pal

Smash Rookie
Hey fellas, I'm looking for any one to practice and chill with. Used to hit up the Austin weeklys before it was ranked but stopped since school and all the driving. Any ways, please hit me up, I'm in la vernia but I'm willing to do the driving.

Apologize if I broke any rules, literally signed up 3 mins ago. Thanks guys.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Hey fellas, I'm looking for any one to practice and chill with. Used to hit up the Austin weeklys before it was ranked but stopped since school and all the driving. Any ways, please hit me up, I'm in la vernia but I'm willing to do the driving.

Apologize if I broke any rules, literally signed up 3 mins ago. Thanks guys.
YOYOYOYO! WASSUP! I'm probably gonna host some P:M tomorrow at Ooples.
the address is 7460 Callaghan Rd #410, San Antonio, TX 78229 if you wanna swing by and play some games. I'm probably gonna start around 2 or 3 and host until around 6 or 7 pm.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
the address is 7460 Callaghan Rd #410, San Antonio, TX 78229 if you wanna swing by and play some games. I'm probably gonna start around 2 or 3 and host until around 6 or 7 pm.
NOOOOOOO

I WORK TOMORROW ;~;

We should totally play next week after I finally move to SA on tuesday tho

big Al the traffic pal

Smash Rookie
Sounds awesome. I've got a tv I could bring if needed. I'd bring a set up too but I only have version 3.0

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh, this was today. Thought it was tomorrow. I was gonna swing by Ooples anyways.
Oh well. :applejack:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Sounds awesome. I've got a tv I could bring if needed. I'd bring a set up too but I only have version 3.0
This post was meant for Thursday. I hope I didn't cause any trouble but I will be careful to specify days of the week and stuff.

Oh, this was today. Thought it was tomorrow. I was gonna swing by Ooples anyways.
Yeah, Id like to apologize to you if I cause confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom