• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Yo!!!
Once again, I'll be hosting P:M at ooples starting at around 2. If anyone want to practice melee, bring a setup.
(bring a CRT anyways)

Blockhead and I will be grinding out that melee stuff in prep for FORTE, while Dex and Vitamin C grind out that PM tech.

Forte will count towards the new Project M PR, so if you want to get dem points and such, you'd better swing by and get wrecked by Vitamin C.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Triple posting like a boss.

There will not be any smash today at ooples because I will be busy.

If anyone else decides to host, I may try to make it later in the day.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think some of use are going to Ooples anyways today, asked on FB if anyone else is going and some said probably.

I'll be there at sometime between 2-3 anyway with a set-up if anyone decides to show-up. But I better bring my 3DS this time in case I end up there by myself for the first couple of hours. If no one shows up by 5 or 6 though I might decide to just leave though.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
POOLS FOR MELEE AND PM WERE ANNOUNCED YESTERDAY!

Melee Pools Wave 1
Flying Disc (frisbie?) got DoH
Roy got Kamikaze and V01D
Hitbox got thin mint, Jose, and JSalt
Blockhead got Kukunok0, Risk, and BestFriendJohn
Dantheman got JF and Poot
F00 got Pawl and Brizz

Melee Pools Wave 2
Gutz got MOR | Axe. Im kinda jelly.
Trombone got Rhyme, Yasu, and GG | Mojo. have fun with that.

Melee Pools Wave 3
CASE got Wobbles and Coldfront
Zhea got SF | Twin
Lamp got SF | Lazh
KYOP got Admiral
ForkGirl got TRC | Owl
Eon got .jpg

Melee Pools Wave 4
Nigma got Tai and 52Pickup
Skeith got Rice and Thoraxe
Freakshow got Lumpy, Teal, and JWu
I got Mouf, Zift, and Mike Hawk

this should be fun.

I'll be there at sometime between 2-3 anyway with a set-up if anyone decides to show-up. But I better bring my 3DS this time in case I end up there by myself for the first couple of hours. If no one shows up by 5 or 6 though I might decide to just leave though.
I guess I can come by.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Heeeeey. Does anyone want to meet at Ooples tomorrow at around 2 and play some Smash? I doubt anyone is going Thursday, I know I won't be, for obvious reasons and I will be unable to go anywhere else for the rest of the week after that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, I'm actually hoping to get the around 1 but might not be able to till a little bit later. I'll post on the fb page when I am heading out towards there. You are also welcomed to bring a Smash 4 set-up as I'll be ecstatic to play it.

G-Rated

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to the SA scene. I had to make an account to ask if there are any FB groups and such for Project M because it's really hard to find things for this region for some reason. Im coming from DFW so I hope to feel welcome and meet SA's great players! Just one more question... Where is this "Ooples fest" and is it a weekly? Fees?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ooples is free. The address is 7460 Callaghan Road #410, San Antonio, TX 78229 and we usually meet up there every Thursday for friendlies but I have my doubts about it happening this week, I know I won't be going at any rate. So instead I'm getting people to meet-up there today. Not sure when I'll get there though but I'm hoping to be there around 1 or so. We also gonna have Smash 4 set-ups and players there as well as Project M this time.

And the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanAntonioPM/

Last edited:

Zhea

Smash Ace
I've updated the PR Rules for Melee. In the past I've let people who wish not to be ranked back out from the rankings by request. I figured this would be rarely needed. I was wrong. Too many people towards the top of the list asked to be removed from it and it damages the validity of the list. What's the point of being listed as first if the real killers can just opt out?

So here is the new deal. If you are from SA, and you enter an SA/Texas Tournament, you are eligible to be put on the list. No if's and's or butts.

The next thing I want to ask is if this is something people still want. The scene has changed dramatically since I dug it up from the grave and forced Melee back to life in this city and the number of smashers has grown significantly since back then.

Do we want to do a tier pyramid like Dallas? Do we want to close up shop until GAR PR becomes more easily available to everyone? Share your thoughts

Zhea

Smash Ace
Dallas Organizes players into to tiers of skill. For example Wobbles is S tier in a league of his own. Albert, Bluezaft and Boomstick are A tier players, Hamyojo, Thoraxe and Disafter are B tier players etc.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
regarding the PR system.
NO. I'd rather it not exist.

HOWEVER, I've seen how a PR will fire up anyone looking to jump that list (or finally be put on said list) and it creates more passion and willingness to improve like none before it, which was it's original purpose. so I'm selflessly saying w/e at this point.

As long as Kevin and I remain active and don't do what mike and sos did, anyone looking to surpass (the three of) us can feel like they've made an accomplishment towards the top of the list, if they ever surpass us.

#PKTgodtier #YearoftheFalco #Eontoptier #Foxisokay #onetierlower #ZheatheGatekeeper #StopSDing

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I tried asking on the FB page to little success so I figured I might as well ask here to. Anyone going to be at Ooples today for friendlies?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Hey guys my names Jbandrew. I'm in the San Antonio area and will be here for a couple of years. How can I integrate into this scene? I'm assuming the San Antonio area has a smash 4 Scene correct?

Also I used to be power ranked in NJ at one point in Brawl, and I play Smash 4, Melee and PM as well. Looking for all types of Smash gatherings, weeklies or events.

Please help me out, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TehLamp

Smash Cadet
NNID
TehLamp
Hey guys my names Jbandrew. I'm in the San Antonio area and will be here for a couple of years. How can I integrate into this scene? I'm assuming the San Antonio area has a smash 4 Scene correct?

Also I used to be power ranked in NJ at one point in Brawl, and I play Smash 4, Melee and PM as well. Looking for all types of Smash gatherings, weeklies or events.

We have a facebook group for everything here in town San Antonio melee, San Antonio PM, etc. Most of the melee and PM stuff is organized through FB but Smash 4 is pretty active here and there so make yourself welcome dont be shy! Just make plans to go to something and whoever you end up chillin with will let you know whats up depending on what game you wanna play

RedGamer

Smash Ace

As a matter of fact, we have melee weeklies on Sundays. those can be found in the san antonio melee FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197481713674782/

the PM weeklies are on saturday at ooples.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanAntonioPM/

and the smash 4 weeklies are on thursdays at ooples.
http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/

all of the brawl players here moved on to smash 4, so there won't be any of that unless somebody plays brawl while they're waiting for melee/smash 4/PM.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
its been more than 6 months and ive still got feels.

@Hylian Lock this thread!
I will be updating my second post to redirect any and all further activity towards the active pages that support lively conversation and discussion. plz and thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom