• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
who is this buttery smooth? i keep hearing stories of his legendary falcon punches in tournaments.
Just some random falcon that got 3-0'd in every finals he's ever played in. GGs.

Besides, I hear that Rock might be at the next tournament. Buttery Smooth better watch his back.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Just some random falcon that got 3-0'd in every finals he's ever played in. GGs.

Besides, I hear that Rock might be at the next tournament. Buttery Smooth better watch his back.
Go home Chris, you're forgetting your names

clnr

Smash Rookie
i think you are mistaking rock with someone else bc theres only one legendary falcon in this city and thats the green ranger and he'll be showing up at the next monthly. Its morphin time!!

RedGamer

Smash Ace
i think you are mistaking rock with someone else bc theres only one legendary falcon in this city and thats the green ranger and he'll be showing up at the next monthly. Its morphin time!!
You know, I'm glad that you can have full confidence in your scrubby friends, but Rock can and will go in at the next monthly.
I'm even willing to let him enter in my place while I'm running the tourney.

Last edited:

clnr

Smash Rookie
dude no need for that kind of behavior here. we're all gentlemen here.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
yo guys!

sorry to announce that I WILL NOT be at ooples today because reasons.
if anybody wants to host at ooples, please feel free to do so as there are many people willing to jump on that offer.

@ PlateProp PlateProp please tell facebook, cause I'll be busy today. also if you want to host, you can.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
yo guys!

sorry to announce that I WILL NOT be at ooples today because reasons.
if anybody wants to host at ooples, please feel free to do so as there are many people willing to jump on that offer.

@ PlateProp PlateProp please tell facebook, cause I'll be busy today. also if you want to host, you can.
My car is broken atm, so yeah...

RedGamer

Smash Ace
yo!

hi
:3

Despite all the crap I put everyone through, I just want you all to know that I love you guys you all suck. :chuckle:

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
maybe, maybe not. depends on a couple of things.

let's just go ahead and assume yes, keeping in mind that it's subject to be cancelled at any time.

so for now, yes. I'll be hosting smash at ooples tomorrow at 2 pm.

also @ mimgrim mimgrim seriously, get a facebook. don't be like @ C clnr .

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If Chris doesn't end up hosting at ooples, I may do it instead. I got nothin to do tomorrow <_>

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Probably won't be able to go anyway. Ride has other plans, literally found out not long after asking. >_>

I've been meaning to create a Facebook but haven't gotten around to it. :L

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
@ Espy Rose Espy Rose You should bring a setup just in case.

Also i'm going to show up at ooples around 2:30-3ish, if Chris isint hosting I will be

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
you should do this more often.
I just got a vehicle for the first time in 3 weeks ;-; otherwise I would have

But William's down to TO with me, he just wants to get two or three tvs first. We'll probably talk to the ooples people next thursday though.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
they don't supply power strips, they don't keep tv's very well, they're more than willing to let people hang out an play friendlies (obviously), they'd be a great venue for P:M only tournaments, layout means everything, don't be afraid to DQ/ban people for being idiots, and other TO stuff....

Zhea

Smash Ace
Ooples is fine as a venue. I have a few problems with them, but they are friendly enough.
Biggest thing is to constantly remind them you are running a tournament there. They forget a lot.

Also is there anyone who wants to take over the SA PR for PM? We're coming up on the last month of fall and I'm not really affiliated with the pm scene anymore(I don't run tournaments for it, don't play it and don't keep track of the scene for it).

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I've already got too much on my plate regarding this game. Warren and Will might be the only other consistent factors, but I don't know....

tl;dr YOU'RE STUCK WITH US NOW DANIEL!!
I thought you were trying to be punny when you said plate. But then I realized I was imagining things.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
YO! SAN ANTONIO P:M PLAYERS!!!! hi :3

I will be hosting a P:M smashfest at ooples this week thursday starting at 2!
Also I'm gonna do a P:M round robin next week wednesday to loosen everybody up for the austin weekly or the SAC tourney the day after (for those of you that are going to either).

The round robin will be free entry.

Payouts:
First place gets free entry into this tourney:
http://smashboards.com/threads/nove...os-deadliest-gamer-presents-project-m.374699/

Ruleset is 4 stocks, 8 min timer.
Best of 3.
Each player gets 3 bans.

Starters:
First row

Counterpicks:
Second row minus PS1, plus Castlevania and Metal Cavern because deal with it.

I'm interested in seeing who gets what placing. I won't be entering, but I will be spectating and TOing.

SETUPS!!! seriously. unless you guys don't mind playing on an LCDTV, i recommend bringing a CRT.

I thought you were trying to be punny when you said plate. But then I realized I was imagining things.
I thought about being punny at first, but then I changed my mind.

Edit: changed some details.

Also is there anyone who wants to take over the SA PR for PM?
you know what, I think I will take this. It should give some motivation to come out and improve for some.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I should be able to make it to the Thursday one. I'm also hoping to stop at a Goodwill on the way there to see if they have a CRT in stock.

Can't comment on the Wednesday tourney. A Smash 3DS tourney is getting hosted on that week as well and I don't know if I can talk my ride into taking me to both. On the Smash 3DS note, will anyone else be bringing their 3DS with the new Smash game by chance?

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I think it's funny that we dont see nike unless its smash 4 related, only for him to disappear back into the "league of shadows".

I don't blame him though. sm4sh is gonna be the future, so its wise to hop on this train before it leaves the station.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I just got tired of beating everyone in melee (except for SOS) over and over again. Need a real challenge.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I think it's funny that we dont see nike unless its smash 4 related, only for him to disappear back into the "league of shadows".

I don't blame him though. sm4sh is gonna be the future, so its wise to hop on this train before it leaves the station.
I played Nike when he randomly showed up at utsa with Espy in p:m

Everyone in SA needs to stop playing Marth already. I feel like i've played nothing but Marths for the past month

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Marth ain't even that good. :applejack:
In any Smash game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom