• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Basically around bandera/huebner. I'll head to ultra if anyone is going tonight since it's like 5 minutes away.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Espy, please update my characters on the OP. should read Villager, Pac-Man, Ganondorf, Little Mac. I'm going to have a 4-character cut-off, so take out Megaman. I like him and all, but I'm just not good enough with him yet.

The Villager, on the other hand, is surprisingly amusing to play. god damn, I love catching shiek's needles and sending them back at double knockback. :p

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Needs to have some sort of Main Change Cooldown or a temporary "N/A" / "Undecided" until a year has passed or something if one cannot even stay with a main for a whole month.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Exactly 7 days from now will be Houston’s largest smash 4 event, The Road to TGC 1. After looking at the pre-reg tickets, this event is looking like it will beat (attendance wise) every Brawl event I’ve done in 2012, 2013 and 2014. This could be record setting smash 4 numbers for Houston and maybe even Texas so please come on out, have fun, get good at smash 4 and make friends!!!!

Oh also, The Road to TGC 1 is featuring tournaments for Pokemon X/Y as well as Mario Kart 8. Having all 3 of these games require a lot of equipment so I am begging you to please bring a console/handheld, a game (kart/pkmn/smash) and a TV (only for kart). These are called “full set-ups.” If you bring a full set-up, you will have extra time to do casual matches, money matches and help the event not run until midnite. Also, if you bring a full set-up, I will try and compensate you in some way once the official TGC series launches in Feb.

For more info on The Road to TGC, please go to the following links. Be sure to click “join” or “I am attending” so I can get a more accurate idea of who all is coming.

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/

Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
no, I mean I think I like villager now as my main instead of pac-man. i'm good with both, but I think i'm marginally better with villager, thus changing him to my main. I had edited my previous post to fix the order of my characters after I made the one following it.
that said, there is nothing quite so satisfying as dropping a bowling ball off the edge and onto some poor unsuspecting yoshi... ^_^

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't know what you mean by "unsuspecting Yoshi" when that can apply to everyone.
Cause ledge camping with eggs certainly isn't a thing for Yoshi anymore since only 2 hops now.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
I don't know what you mean by "unsuspecting Yoshi" when that can apply to everyone.
Cause ledge camping with eggs certainly isn't a thing for Yoshi anymore since only 2 hops now.
it's satisfying on anyone, but more so when a yoshi player thinks they're being clever and ends up getting nailed in the face for it.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Exactly 7 days from now will be Houston’s largest smash 4 event, The Road to TGC 1. After looking at the pre-reg tickets, this event is looking like it will beat (attendance wise) every Brawl event I’ve done in 2012, 2013 and 2014. This could be record setting smash 4 numbers for Houston and maybe even Texas so please come on out, have fun, get good at smash 4 and make friends!!!!

Oh also, The Road to TGC 1 is featuring tournaments for Pokemon X/Y as well as Mario Kart 8. Having all 3 of these games require a lot of equipment so I am begging you to please bring a console/handheld, a game (kart/pkmn/smash) and a TV (only for kart). These are called “full set-ups.” If you bring a full set-up, you will have extra time to do casual matches, money matches and help the event not run until midnite. Also, if you bring a full set-up, I will try and compensate you in some way once the official TGC series launches in Feb.

For more info on The Road to TGC, please go to the following links. Be sure to click “join” or “I am attending” so I can get a more accurate idea of who all is coming.

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/

Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796
Itll be the largest smash 4 event maybe cause its the first?

Xyro77

There have been about 10 dallas events and 2 houston ones. All before mine.

Nice try though.

Suspect

Smash Hero
There have been about 10 dallas events and 2 houston ones. All before mine.

Nice try though.
Considering how long the game has been out, sounds like dallas has like 2 smashfests a week. But congrats on having the biggest smash 4 tourny about a month after release.

Xyro77

Considering how long the game has been out, sounds like dallas has like 2 smashfests a week. But congrats on having the biggest smash 4 tourny about a month after release.
Dallas has been running events since the Japanese release.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Doesn't get much more advanced than the 2 month old meta tbh.

Better to host early so we can all go back to melee before Christmas

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Quote someone then it'll show your sig. It doesn't show for smaller posts iirc.

Btw, I finally realized why I find these 3DS tourneys funny: It's preseason.

Preseason is for practice, and preseason games don't matter.

ryuujinx

Smash Apprentice
Exhausted from extra life. Sorry I didn't accept your game invite last night Espy, was on my other display playing bayonetta2.

Top Bottom