• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Megamon

Smash Cadet
Wow, I'm sorry did my nonsensical cheerings and screaming stupid **** out loud cause I thought it was hype? One sided cheering where I give HeroMystic hope and dash the dreams of Megafox? I didn't realize we were in the realm of eSports where proper conduct is mandatory in a humble venue hosting a local tourney. Should've told me up front about it and I would've stopped. Also I'm insulted you stole my identity of breaking controllers, which I stole from Red.
:phone:
Lol you're funny. "...dash the dreams of Megafox".

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm just now reading all of this.

Slush and Sylveon, I've never cheered against someone because I wanted to see them lose or anything like that (not at the local scene anyway). I just wanted to see Illusion do well lol. Yes I was loud but I wasn't standing 2 feet behind you.

That was the first time I recall Babybwake ever making it to winners quarters. It wasn't that I was want to see you lose, Sylveon. I actually like when you win for the most part because alot of opposing players HATE losing to you and makes the scene more competitive. I was just really happy for Blake and wanted to cheer for him.

I learned awhile back not to use the mic for cheering, but I'm not going to refrain from cheering for certain people (Illusion).

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy

Slush and Sylveon, I've never cheered against someone because I wanted to see them lose or anything like that (not at the local scene anyway). I just wanted to see Illusion do well lol. Yes I was loud but I wasn't standing 2 feet behind you.

That was the first time I recall Babybwake ever making it to winners quarters. It wasn't that I was want to see you lose, Sylveon. I actually like when you win for the most part because alot of opposing players HATE losing to you and makes the scene more competitive. I was just really happy for Blake and wanted to cheer for him.

I learned awhile back not to use the mic for cheering, but I'm not going to refrain from cheering for certain people (Illusion).
Nah man, I totally get that. It was all in good fun, and I was never upset with the cheering.

Opposing players hate losing to me? Why?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
When is the tournament where the Top 10 are banned?
Thursday, August 27. Also happens the same time as the Top 10 Finals bracket.
I had to look up what this is from. Have seen the phrase be used twice.
You need more Marvel.
Lol you're funny. "...dash the dreams of Megafox".
Only when I'm not trying.

Always for and never against. Unless certain players, those would also target Dallas. And yeah, even if using the mic is hype, it's a bit uunnecessarily rude.
Nah man, I totally get that. It was all in good fun, and I was never upset with the cheering.

Opposing players hate losing to me? Why?
Do you get the feeling that there's players that you win so much that you know you should never lose to? Upsets are a *****. And a mess of salt.

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
I get that Beros, losing to anyone sucks nuts. But the way Nike put it, players "HATE" losing to me in particular. Nobody likes losing, das obvious. I was just curious what makes losing to me so different. No drama, just kweschun.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I get that Beros, losing to anyone sucks nuts. But the way Nike put it, players "HATE" losing to me in particular. Nobody likes losing, das obvious. I was just curious what makes losing to me so different. No drama, just kweschun.
Could not be you in particular, could also be sheik.
A lot of people hate losing/playing a sonic and will vent their frustration to me *mid match*, I don't take it personal in those cases, I get that some people find certain characters annoying.
Could be that

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
Could not be you in particular, could also be sheik.
A lot of people hate losing/playing a sonic and will vent their frustration to me *mid match*, I don't take it personal in those cases, I get that some people find certain characters annoying.
Could be that
I guess so.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
It's not losing to anyone that's the issue. It's losing to someone you know you consistently beat. As a fresh blood in our scene back then, there's that gap between the veterans and you. You're closing that gap. They've impressed that you are, but a bit frustrated that they lost their perfect score against you.

Im Brawl, I used to dominate one new blood, Blondie. Then over the years, he trained with Tree and from there on out it was the other way around. Internally, I HATED that he became better than me. Rather hated myself than him, and just that fact.

It's not to literal, but more of an internal struggle than spite.

Last edited:

Megamon

Smash Cadet
It's not losing to anyone that's the issue. It's losing to someone you know you consistently beat. As a fresh blood in our scene back then, there's that gap between the veterans and you. You're closing that gap. They've impressed that you are, but a bit frustrated that they lost their perfect score against you.

Im Brawl, I used to dominate one new blood, Blondie. Then over the years, he trained with Tree and from there on out it was the other way around. Internally, I HATED that he became better than me. Rather hated myself than him, and just that fact.

It's not to literal, but more of an internal struggle than spite.
I'd imagine if some random guy joined the scene and sucked ass for a little, losing to everyone, only to start winning out of nowhere, that would possibly upset some of the higher ups that person beats. Not personally being upset, but competitively speaking.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
LOL :143:

So many salt tears. C'mon man.

Slush, solid john post. 10/10. :)
Sylveon, remember when you lost to my :4falcon:
:)
Aria, stop questioning the ELO. It's annoying. The system takes into account everything :)

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

Aria, stop questioning the ELO. It's annoying. The system takes into account everything :)
Better be off the 27th boyyyy.

Wait are you going to TGC this weekend?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

LOL

Look at this nerd pretending to be hot ****. :) Like you've never gotten mad before. :)

I'll ****in' rek u 'till u cry a new dead sea. :) Then you'll have to make a john post so rock solid it'll make all those hard throbbing ***** in your mom jealous. :)

Remember when you lost to my

What kind of dumb ass name is snorlaxpie500 anyway? :) Your xbox live gamertag from when you were 13? :) Santi, more like sandy, like your vagina right now. :)

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If I was a mod, I'd just close this thread right now. I think my IQ actually dropped a few points reading this page. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The abyss has awoken.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Karma for picking Sheik against Little Mac.

For picking Sheik at all.

I know because I play Sheik.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
When I took Paw to Game 3 in WQ, he 3 stocked me using nothing but UAirs and UpBs. "See, I'm the best. I do awesome things. Why isn't anyone cheering for me? "

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So apparently I was told some event or something in October for League with a 1k pot for 1st (dunno on 2nd or 3rd place prizes yet if any) is easy money if we have a full team of plat or higher, I'm diamond and play everything decently but prefer AD so that's one role out of the way unless somebody wishes for it.

I'm half interested, but only cause no idea if I'd be able to find 4 others. Still finding out details for other stuff, but this is the place it's gonna be at it seems.

http://animecons.com/events/info.shtml/5935/Realms_Con_2015

If there's interest, I might keep pestering for details and such. If not, then oh well.
League or not, it might be fun to try cause why not. A con to go around if we lose or cash moneyzzzzz if we do well.

Some more info found.
Video for event/League that was posted just yesterday.
Click the channel to see the games from the players last year. The winning team last year had bronze and silvers with 1 plat apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/EdgeOfTheWaterLol

The FB page with more info. If too lazy to click it.
Best of 1 until finals
Double Elimination
$75 entry per team (split between 5 is 15 each)
RP given out to top 4 teams.
Medals to top 4 teams.
Prize pool up to $1000.
top 2 teams win $$$
2nd place getting money means prolly not 200 each, but if any smashers do this too, there's Smash 4 as well unless it interferes with the league tournament then nvm.

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What would be the best day in October to host a tourney in which you guys could possibly attend? 24th?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Idk why he recorded me practicing persona in that vid lol

Even if you guys can't get a team for league at realmscon, I'll be running smash so there's that too.

Last edited:

Winktoblink

Smash Rookie
I may not be in San Antonio anymore, but there better be a stream today! I want to see some games, these weeklies are heating up! Also, hoping for another freaking ninja battle. Let's see some more Sylveon vs Illusion ;D
Also, gotta root for my main men, KJ and JAD. I want to see some upsets too! I want to be the person in the chat screaming "OH MY! OH DEAR! OH DEARY ME!" at crazy things going on~
If there is no stream, then I at least want some recordings ; .;

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Illusion got in a wreck on the way to pick me up, thankfully he's okay though.

Top Bottom