• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I regret not letting Swag Lincoln 2-0 me now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The shirt he was wearing only made it better.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He was wearing a shirt that had Abe Lincoln wearing shades. When I asked about his name, he just pointed at his shirt.

Like damn, alright then.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His name was Haruki.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We're finally getting google fiber. No exact date yet.
As an IT person, I am so goddamn jealous. It'll probably take years before they decide to tackle the giant monster that is Houston for it.
amiibo scalpers at san japan be like

This is hilarious, but the guy could get robbed.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Los 2-13 Weekly Results
8/6/15
33 Entrants

1: Megafox:4fox:
2: K Prime:4pikachu::4fox:
3: Sylveon:4sheik::4ganondorf:
4: KJ:4marth::4sonic::4mario:
5: Slush:4yoshi:
5: Illusion:4greninja:
7: Babybwake:4peach:
7: Shade:4falcon:
9: Aria:4sonic:
9: Ninjafish60:4littlemac:
9: Lan:4falcon:
9: HeroMystic:4mario:
13: Xavier:4pacman::4falcon:
13: Dell:4feroy:
13: Freddy:4rob::4ness:
13: Bojangles:4luigi:
17: Wink
17: Speedy
17: Cris
17: Geoberos
17: LTC
17: Jad
17: UltraZap
17: Mr. Universe
25: Kale
25: FancyGeronimo
25: Chazz
25: The One Ace
25: Mellow
25: Cllos
25: Kevo
25: Daneel
33: DIEEEEEE
33: Allan

Bracket URL: http://i.imgur.com/ufPsSC3.png

Videos will be uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7brHvleoGA30EWNsHKRSw

Thanks to everyone who came!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
LoS Rankings as of 13:

Megafox - 2022.44
=====
Jbandrew - 1921.26
=====
Espy - 1852.11
=====
SnorlaxPie500 - 1809.54
Sylveon - 1784.10
K Prime - 1780.65
=====
Slush - 1765.44
Paw - 1753.50
KJ - 1749.77
FunCrazyFish - 1741.55
=====
Shade - 1725.16
Incendiary - 1702.45
=====
Castro - 1689.17
Iam - 1686.64
=====
Whiteout - 1646.40
Illusion - 1646.23
Aria - 1643.62
Lan - 1642.81
Enigma - 1637.85
HeroMystic - 1636.98
KO - 1636.55
Turbo - 1632.66
Valdens - 1625.76
Babybwake - 1621.01
=====
Clos3 - 1609.84
Mindless - 1609.40
Sparky - 1609.29
Kyro - 1608.71
Qtwo - 1607.96
Azure - 1607.86
JDogg - 1605.45
Alphatoad - 1605.05
Sirgh - 1603.29
Culix - 1602.57
Donte - 1600.65
Speedy - 1600.53
=====
MikEffect - 1598.24
Leaf - 1598.10
Felkon - 1594.91
Swarley - 1593.93
Daniel - 1593.67
UltraZap - 1593.55
Holy - 1593.13
Winds - 1592.29
Jad - 1588.47
Kev - 1588.09
Ruen - 1587.28
FewChainz - 1586.02
Kevo - 1585.74
Chimera - 1585.60
Mondy - 1585.59
Pain - 1584.47
Basegod - 1582.97
Atmos - 1582.75
Ninjafish60 - 1580.47
BaseDave - 1578.19
Wink - 1576.20
Suspect - 1573.08
ProtoTom - 1572.78
RXJ - 1568.42
Lion - 1568.16
Tex - 1567.79
Black - 1567.76
Geoberos - 1566.81
Jacob - 1566.21
Eclipse - 1563.30
Chazz - 1553.68
PsychoWard - 1552.91
FancyGeronimo - 1549.31
LTC - 1547.08
Sunite - 1530.35

:applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Videos uploaded for League of Shadows Season 2 Weekly 13
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-ZZxiBKUOzhNfNkS261mNXrm4vzaSReJ

-- 12 Videos, 12 Players
W2 Daneel vs AriaHatsune
L3 Freddy vs Mellow
WQ Megafox vs HeroMystic
WQ KJ vs K Prime
WQ BabyBwake vs Sylveon
WQ Slush vs Illusion
WS Megafox vs KJ
WS Sylveon vs Illusion
WF Sylveon vs Megafox
LS KJ vs K Prime
LF Sylveon vs K Prime
GF Megafox vs K Prime

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
As much as I like Nike's hilarious cheering, it wasn't the time and place during the Greninja match cause it was too close for comfort and it distracted me more than usual while trying to win.

The morale boost for one side helps, but the other it lowers their morale and makes em play a bit worse. Like Hyrule warriors actually for an example lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Sloosh, where are you? We're waiting on you so we can start bracket.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Wow, I'm sorry did my nonsensical cheerings and screaming stupid **** out loud cause I thought it was hype? One sided cheering where I give HeroMystic hope and dash the dreams of Megafox? I didn't realize we were in the realm of eSports where proper conduct is mandatory in a humble venue hosting a local tourney. Should've told me up front about it and I would've stopped. Also I'm insulted you stole my identity of breaking controllers, which I stole from Red.
:phone:

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
As much as I like Nike's hilarious cheering, it wasn't the time and place during the Greninja match cause it was too close for comfort and it distracted me more than usual while trying to win.
I mean... Slush, did you not hear Nike cheering against me for two matches in a row? Against Bwake and Illusion, pretty much the whole venue wanted to see me lose. I still pushed through. :/

Winktoblink

Smash Rookie
I mean... Slush, did you not hear Nike cheering against me for two matches in a row? Against Bwake and Illusion, pretty much the whole venue wanted to see me lose. I still pushed through. :/
See, I think during the game it was funny and just tourney hype, I think the boo afterwards was a little harsh. I hope no one was seriously booing though, and it was just a joke.
The only reason it happened at all was because Illusion was the underdog in the first place :p
Also, I was still hyped that match because it really looked like a freakin ninja battle! I felt like that match was the highlight of the tourney for me~

Megamon

Smash Cadet
Don't worry. I didn't wanna see you lose. I didn't wanna see anyone lose. I didn't wanna lose.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sloosh, where are you? We're waiting on you so we can start bracket.
Not there, was out today.
Yes, I still think it kinda sucked cause sometimes it's kinda distracting, especially if you already lost game 1 or game 2 and trying to focus.

Also who was booing? I didn't hear that at all, what the heck.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wow, I'm sorry did my nonsensical cheerings and screaming stupid **** out loud cause I thought it was hype? One sided cheering where I give HeroMystic hope and dash the dreams of Megafox? I didn't realize we were in the realm of eSports where proper conduct is mandatory in a humble venue hosting a local tourney. Should've told me up front about it and I would've stopped. Also I'm insulted you stole my identity of breaking controllers, which I stole from Red.
:phone:
I wanted to be clear on a few things here.

No not specifically you, the cheering that happened every now and then from everyone was fine. Just Nike's was getting a bit grating on the ears more than usual and even Nike himself knew enough to apologize to me on the way back during the car ride. It sucks and I hate how I have to look like the bad guy by pointing fingers at him but yeah.

Otherwise yes people tend to cheer for the underdogs, but the screaming was almost on the level of WHOBO 5's ear **** + rest of cheering. All that plus Nike's girly voice mostly lol
It was constant and threw me off (no pun intended) against illusion so much and tilted me for the entire rest of the tournament. Though it was a good reason because nobody in our scene mains Greninja and Nike's been hoping for Greninja's to study off of. So he was more hyped than usual and wanted to see him do well.

Outside of that close sad loss, after the tip of Zero's Usmash hit and killed me on my 2nd stock at like 83% I almost wanted to forfeit right there against him, and I honestly thought I was gonna lose to bwake cause I felt like I was playing worse and worse as I kept going on while KJ I could've brought it back but did something stupid + recent finding of being unable to tech against stages when I thought I did tech against the stage just accelerated the emotions even more.

Tournament in question tho: http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...october-19-20th-2013-houston-tx.341493/page-4

Yes to the other thing as well, Smash is esports. For the last 3ish years actually, we're not a big city or stream so we don't have have like 10+ minute commercials to give SHOUTOUTS TO OUR GREAT SPONZORZ like vgbc or any half big smash stream, more than prolly 80ish% of top players and casual players have left smashboards in turn of reddit twitter and FB for quick smash news and to discuss rulesets and other important things instead of the boards, along with smash players getting picked up by multiple league teams and us no longer just being grassroots since Nintendo picked us up, we esports for real now since before APEX.
It'd be real true esports if they took 30+ minutes before getting to the actual match discussing STATS and such and throw the players in booths like some regions of DOTA/League do. Though that might be taking it a bit far, not sure on that for smash

On one hand, didn't wanna get chewed out for saying nothing since my mother saw the control stick cuz accidentally left it out and she wanted me to say something if people are gonna snap at me lol, other hand is the topic was kinda itching the back of my mind to say something anyways but didn't want to cause it'd cause more awkward rifts between most of us.

Local tournament or not, it's fine to cheer but dunno was a bit much for me than usual cause I don't really bring hype since not really a top player or anything special, last time I can recall on that caliber was me vs Broly.
Everyone can still be loud when I play if ya want I guess, I'll try to buy some 20 dollar earbuds eventually to drain the sound out, especially since I spent 200+ for a new phone after not upgrading since 07 there's already a hole in my wallet so I'll spend sum more.

But whatever top 9 is most likely sealed and as long as none of us under top 6 go 0-2 we shouldn't drop. Maybe I shouldn't have cared so much about the tournament enough to mess up my 12 year old controller or even my losses too much long as we make it to the finals it's k
Though it's been giving out since late days of brawl so switching to the spare white one was a gud idea anyways lol

If people still don't like the attitude towards all this, then oops

Last edited:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Just asking, but shouldn't I be a little higher up?

I mean I beat incendiary and Iam both in winners. And have only lost to people above them in ranking (Megafox, Slush, FCF, and Shade) this season.

Sorry if I'm being annoying. Just wondering cause I basically have no idea how our system really works XD

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Just asking, but shouldn't I be a little higher up?

I mean I beat incendiary and Iam both in winners. And have only lost to people above them in ranking (Megafox, Slush, FCF, and Shade) this season.

Sorry if I'm being annoying. Just wondering cause I basically have no idea how our system really works XD
Think you start off with 1500 points.

HarvstootH

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quincy.Dippy
I wanted to be clear on a few things here.

No not specifically you, the cheering that happened every now and then from everyone was fine. Just Nike's was getting a bit grating on the ears more than usual and even Nike himself knew enough to apologize to me on the way back during the car ride. It sucks and I hate how I have to look like the bad guy by pointing fingers at him but yeah.

Otherwise yes people tend to cheer for the underdogs, but the screaming was almost on the level of WHOBO 5's ear **** + rest of cheering. All that plus Nike's girly voice mostly lol
It was constant and threw me off (no pun intended) against illusion so much and tilted me for the entire rest of the tournament. Though it was a good reason because nobody in our scene mains Greninja and Nike's been hoping for Greninja's to study off of. So he was more hyped than usual and wanted to see him do well.

Outside of that close sad loss, after the tip of Zero's Usmash hit and killed me on my 2nd stock at like 83% I almost wanted to forfeit right there against him, and I honestly thought I was gonna lose to bwake cause I felt like I was playing worse and worse as I kept going on while KJ I could've brought it back but did something stupid + recent finding of being unable to tech against stages when I thought I did tech against the stage just accelerated the emotions even more.

Tournament in question tho: http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...october-19-20th-2013-houston-tx.341493/page-4

Yes to the other thing as well, Smash is esports. For the last 3ish years actually, we're not a big city or stream so we don't have have like 10+ minute commercials to give SHOUTOUTS TO OUR GREAT SPONZORZ like vgbc or any half big smash stream, more than prolly 80ish% of top players and casual players have left smashboards in turn of reddit twitter and FB for quick smash news and to discuss rulesets and other important things instead of the boards, along with smash players getting picked up by multiple league teams and us no longer just being grassroots since Nintendo picked us up, we esports for real now since before APEX.
It'd be real true esports if they took 30+ minutes before getting to the actual match discussing STATS and such and throw the players in booths like some regions of DOTA/League do. Though that might be taking it a bit far, not sure on that for smash

On one hand, didn't wanna get chewed out for saying nothing since my mother saw the control stick cuz accidentally left it out and she wanted me to say something if people are gonna snap at me lol, other hand is the topic was kinda itching the back of my mind to say something anyways but didn't want to cause it'd cause more awkward rifts between most of us.

Local tournament or not, it's fine to cheer but dunno was a bit much for me than usual cause I don't really bring hype since not really a top player or anything special, last time I can recall on that caliber was me vs Broly.
Everyone can still be loud when I play if ya want I guess, I'll try to buy some 20 dollar earbuds eventually to drain the sound out, especially since I spent 200+ for a new phone after not upgrading since 07 there's already a hole in my wallet so I'll spend sum more.

But whatever top 9 is most likely sealed and as long as none of us under top 6 go 0-2 we shouldn't drop. Maybe I shouldn't have cared so much about the tournament enough to mess up my 12 year old controller or even my losses too much long as we make it to the finals it's k
Though it's been giving out since late days of brawl so switching to the spare white one was a gud idea anyways lol

If people still don't like the attitude towards all this, then oops

I getcha Slush. We both ended up with some rough cheering against us, and I'll apologize for cheering against ya. I did so because I thought "It's Slush, he'll pull it back in no time." little did I know that A. it was really getting to you, and B. Illusion was ****ing unstoppable (a lesson I learned soon after that match).

I guess it didn't get to me as much because I rather liked hearing the bias toward the underdog, since it wasn't so long ago that I was the underdog. I guess I've risen through the ranks to the point where people aren't concerned with me winning, and actually want to see new blood overtake the top ten. 'tis the nature of things.

'tis also the nature of things for people to express who they want to see win, and for that, investing in a method to get the voices outta yer head is not a bad option. Personally, there's no better method than being able to say "**** you, Nike" when you win, but eh, to each their own. You'll be fine Slush, I believe in ya :3

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Really? What happened, I honestly would've gone if my mother didn't wanna do stuff today. Was out from like 11ish till 8.

owner jewed out on the pot bonus that was promised and tried to pretend it never happened, tourney ended up finishing early cuz no one wanted to stay after that, don't think mortal kombat even finished and I had to leave early anyway so I didn't get to see exactly what went down.

I'll get that yoshi amiibo to you someday

Top Bottom