• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Is it only in IRL format currently or is it online at all?

I'd be very interested in an online version, not so much cards tho.

Mike2

Smash Ace
edit* WOOPS! I just wrote a bunch of stuff without doing the research. It looks like the new game is online.

Here is the image pack for the new game: http://dbztoptier.com/downloads.php?cmd=showcat&id=2
Rulebook for new game: http://dbztoptier.com/downloads.php?cmd=showcat&id=1
Hrere's some more files you may need(OTCGN): http://dragonballzocg.com/downloads?cmd=showcat&id=2
^The stuff in this link that says Expanded Format is all the card from the old game. You don't need that unless you plan on playing with all the cards from the old era(wouldn't recommend it for beginners).

This game is really fun. Especially if you're a big DBZ fan.

Here's some sites where you can read up on the game.

http://dbztoptier.com/
http://retrodbzccgcom.fatcow.com/

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the first post. Also, caught wind of an online event through Facebook. Link is here ( https://www.facebook.com/events/1475735839382385/?ref=4 ) and in the first post. Free to enter, and pays out money via Paypal. They're playing every Friday until the day the WiiU version comes out. Be sure to give it a look if you wanna try for some of those prizes. :applejack:

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
its actually not a thing, they renamed it to nintendodojo for smash 4, and somehow made the website ****tier. The ladders ok tho.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ur **** tier.

Site is buggy atm tho cuz of the switch, I ended up on someone else's profile somehow but they were a lolicon so I dipped super fast.

ryuujinx

Smash Apprentice
Hey all you people who play card games. Please check out the "new" DBZ TCG. It's a great game. Really fun. The game is actually the same DBZ game that was around 2000-2006. It's back with a new company.

Also I'll probably be heading to San Antonio every once in a while to play in tournaments for it. Maybe we could hang out or something.
But I already play MTG and AN:R, what does the DBZ game do that I should play it for

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
Me and SP500 will be at ultra arcade in an hour or so. For anyone wanting to play offline

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't watch it anyways, but since I go on /v/ all the time I see people trying to shoehorn it into everything. Kinda like how people who liked MLP tried to compare everything to it.

The Dread King

Smash Cadet
Forgot this thread was a thing. But it seems I didn't miss much.

Happy belated birthday, Darren.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Mewtwo is the only thing more outdated than Melee.

It is nice seeing him coming back tho.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Actually, the more I think of it, they're forcing people to buy a $40 game to play mewtwo.

Bwahahahahaha

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Actually, the more I think of it, they're forcing people to buy a $40 game to play mewtwo.

Bwahahahahaha
actually, I'd think they would release him for free if you bought both games, then sell him for a few bucks a couple weeks later for those who didn't buy both. either way, they're gonna make money off this.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Thanks, Josh, been too long but yeah, nothin' too much in here.

As for characters players would kill to have in, paying for them is pretty tame.
I was pretty cross that they said it'd be free for needing both versions, but if's still payable
on it's own cause DLC, guess it isn't too much of a problem. The morality or whatever it's
called is a different story, but at this point who the **** would care.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
DLC is fine if it's well created and takes the time it's worth. But if paid DLC becomes standard, Smash won't be a $60 game anymore, it will become an $80+ dollar game.

It's a slippery slope that some games don't handle well.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what should we name the monthlies? Got one for the weekly's already but I have no idea on the monthlies. Something San Antonio themed.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
SALSA - San Antonio's Live Smash Arena
ALAMO - Aaron's Legacy At Monthly Organizations

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Can I get my characters changed back to n/a? I just keep switching between characters and can't settle. >_>

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
10k post
Didn't do wisdom teef cuz pussed out and wanted to do full blown passed out instead so prolly first week of November or last week of October I die fer reals.

Depends what the venue is to have a better name for the theme.
Sodaddicted's Smashing Soda Showroom SSSS or remove Soda for $$$

Top Bottom