• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
SJ was dope af.

With some luck we'll get new people in the Smash community, but wouldn't hold my breath until Smash 4.

Now that Fish seems cool with us, we should get more support going forward too.

Edit: Greetings Roma, as I type the previous.

Last edited:

The Dread King

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I hope we can garner plenty of interest rolling into Smash 4. Would be nice if we had a scene bigger than roughly 10 (active) people.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
There's a scene. The problem is the marketing. I saw firsthand over 20 actively interested Brawl players that I've never met before I think. One random took Espy to Game 3 last hit in the 2nd round of tourney. That same guy crawled from Losers to tie for 7th.

We need 3 things: Reliable event scheduling(think SA Melee, but without being grimy and 24 y.o. and up), Reliable representation of the community(Show interest in other people, not just our group, actively teach the game), and Reliable excitement(Genuine happiness to play Smash and hang out as a group).

Tbh, I've never really hung out with Zano before this weekend, and I don't know why. He's hilarious, he's perfect as a player who's good and wants to be around a community, and he's easygoing. I'm guilty of not really knowing him, and that's the kind of stuff that we've all done at one time or another to possible members of our community. **** the elitism, we should treat new players and the non PR players as a team. With Smash 4 on the way and San Japan being a rather big success, Texas should be the best scene to play in, and SA specifically should be the most enjoyable place.

Orange, UJ, KJ, that Luis guy, Whiteout/Atmos, the kid Ben, and others were all legitimately decent and except for Atmos and KJ, did we know any of them?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You went against randoms that were decent and good?

Makes me realize even more how sucky I am at these games on a competitive level. :p

Still. It would be really cool if SA got more active. Just I wouldn't be all that helpful in the current moment due to how limited I am in stuff.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I also played Brazbrue today on their arcade cabinets and ****ed a kid up so hard with Tager he asked to check my buttons to see if I played on Stylish controls. lmao

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Now I'm just waiting for the next Smashfest to be held. Probably won't be for a little while though considering San Japan happened.

I wanna klaw and butt bomb people with Bowser.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hylian's actually supposed to be visiting this coming weekend, and Nike's housing him.
I'd totally be down with hanging out with him and playing some Smash (preferably P:M since that's what he plays now), but that's up to Nike and Hylian to decide. :applejack:

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'd be down with some PM or Melee :D. I'll be at his house sunday/mon/tues, but mon/tues I will be at schlitterbahn most of the day.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zhea hosts a ton of Melee smashfests that also host P:M. If he did something Sunday you'd be good.
:applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just like the Smash 4 demo, there was of course 4 to 5 hours of waiting just to play a 2 minute demo. At least 20+ people had to have been hidden gems possibly in that line of 400 or so. Just we didn't advertise on 2nd day cause none of us went/could go along with none of the supplies.
So all the people in the SJ tournament interested is just another way of showing people are decent and maybe dedicated in the game still, we just need advertising as you said Austin.

Orange was a girl that's entered the last 3 or 2 years, she's pretty good around atmos level I think with her wolf and D3. KJ been lurking in the SA scene mostly because we don't host as many things while he's also more of a wifi warrior so he doesn't check smashboards as much over playing Online on AiB but apparently keeps close contact with Zero and JRUGS (at the time).

I dunno who Luis was, maybe just a bracket that was kinder to him compared to like Orange atmos and UJ since he didn't feel at the level of the other three. Cause all three of em played me for their first or second match in winners or me knocking them out (UJ in this case).

UJ was a pretty good and unpredictable Kirby. If he wouldn't have gone Luigi cause he didn't feel confident after last hit last stock on game 1 then solid JV 2 stock I believe 2nd game, he could've possibly won game 3 against me.

Zano is pretty cool to hang around, just he usually works or something else since he's on league about as much as we see him and tournaments we haven't seen much of him since there hasn't been any. We'll most likely see more of him prolly when Smash 4 comes out.

Did anybody save the brackets and posters? Cause I'm pretty sure Orange isn't SA, not sure on UJ though. Also as for Hylian I'm down for hanging out, dunno if I'll play P:M tho.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunno about Melee, think he didn't take our money for that. But he took our money for P:M and brawl.
Dunno about P:M either tho lol.

1st Denti
2nd K Prime
3rd Megafox
4th Espy
5th Slush
5th Nike
7th Luis
7th ???

He got first in doubles too so he went home with close to 900 bucks cause of fishouse's payout percentage being insane.

Nike.

Smash Hero
The last 7th placer was Zero.

Also, Roma is Cassie.

P:M Singles

1. Denti
2. Espy
3. Skeith
4. Loko
5. Nike
5. ???
7. KJ
7. ???

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Orange was a girl that's entered the last 3 or 2 years, she's pretty good around atmos level I think with her wolf and D3. KJ been lurking in the SA scene mostly because we don't host as many things while he's also more of a wifi warrior so he doesn't check smashboards as much over playing Online on AiB but apparently keeps close contact with Zero and JRUGS (at the time).
I've been in Houston because I started to go to college there, so haven't been able to attend many SA tournies beside the one Zero hosted last year in the fall? Think Denti won that one too :T
I'll try to go to more SA events (if there are any) since its summer time

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
TWEWY, I dig it.

KJ, if you get a chance I'd get in touch with Leaf. He's in your area and most often the only one coming our way from Houston.

If we do have any larger events before Smash 4, we'll try and keep people apprised on here.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Too bad not many of them asked about the scene. It took Maan's charisma to invite players who were enthusiastic about the tourney to check out Smashboards or the San Antonio Brawl Facebook Group. One dude did ask me who our top players who were in the tourney were so he could watch and learn.

First year should usually be the hypest, I don't doubt we'll get a lot of entrants as long we got good advertisement going.

I had so much money and drivers licenses in my possession. I felt like an empowered black market.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
If Luis was the black guy who used kirby/luigi, he was at realmscon last year. He got a lot better since then, boy put in work.

Morning people. Cool that SJ went well. I think I'm in a caffeine induced coma from Quakecon.
Do you know an azreal/ragna player in SA? I mostly just got to play con kids in blazblue but he was really good, only took like 2 games off him lol.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
it was an asian with his own stick so I knew he was good before we started playing.

and to earlier statements, yeah I just haven't had tourneys or w/e to go to, but I'll be as active as I can for smash 4. Missed whobo so I came to san japan instead and I'm glad I did, was a lot of fun. Sorry for kinda disappearing saturday, had a bit of an adventure trying to get back into my hotel room and ended up just crashing when I finally made it in.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Yeah I'm gonna try to be pretty active with Smash 4. I feel like I have really improved in smash in the past few months. Now I just need to get used to a gamecube controller again because I haven't really been using it a lot for Smash.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Anybody wanna go to Austin thursday night for P:M? Austin has weeklys every thurday night and have gotten 40+ entrants at many of them, very active scene. This week there having singles and doubles and I think it's $5 entry and $3 venue. I went to one like 2 months ago and it was pretty fun.

Anybody interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom