• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Fest 2013 Results

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
For the original tournament thread, CLICK HERE

Prizes were distributed to top-3, splitting 65%/25%/10%, for all events.
(If bracket images don't show up, try right-clicking it and opening it on another tab/page.)

Melee Singles Results (35 Total)
1: Toph (Fox)
2: JPeGImage (C. Falcon)
3: C!Z (Marth)
4: Yaz (Peach)
5: aisight (Peach, Sheik)
5: Tomacawk (Fox)
7: 2D Nando (Samus)
7: Mr.Fix It (Sheik)
9: Perfect Chaos (Fox, Sheik)
9: Rockmix (C. Falcon?)
9: Sephiroths Masamune (Marth)
9: W.i.R. Z (?)
13: Admiral Wallace
13: DeathKingSuarez
13: Final
13: TheBuzzSaw
17: Gojira
17: Happy Feet
17: Jellyfishn
17: Joseph Blanco
17: Phoenix
17: Psychiatrist
17: xero
25: 1 Cared of UggUgg
25: Brandon Higgs
25: Dog of War
25: Ezat
25: LiL Shostak
25: Mars
25: SRM Slinkun
25: vazor
33: Superw0rri0 Der Apotheker
33: Tyson Starr
33: XWPresents

[collapse="Bracket Image"]
[/collapse]

*Melee Doubles was canceled.

Brawl Singles Results (44 Total)
1: W.i.R. FOW (Meta Knight, Toon Link, ?)
2: W.i.R. Z (Pikachu, ?)
3: Yaz (Meta Knight)
4: Ken Neth (Snake)
5: Mars (Sheik)
5: xero (Olimar)
7: DeathKingSuarez (Toon Link)
7: gangstakirby (Ganondorf, Fox)
9: Colus (Kirby)
9: Jellyfishn (Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch)
9: wangston (Zero Suit Samus)
9: W.i.R. Gebgar (Ness, ?)
13: Dustin Childs
13: Pwny
13: Tane
13: Tsuteto
17: Anonano
17: Berserker Grunt
17: Final
17: Kyora
17: R00K07
17: Rockmix
17: Roman Army
17: Zeros
25: Alex Frazier
25: Art Hole
25: Congo Jack
25: Ezat
25: Kage
25: Sephiroths Masamune
25: Three Legged Yoyo
25: Toki W
33: Bog
33: B Sharp
33: Con Queefa
33: HungryMan31
33: King Zeus
33: Phoenix
33: Remchied
33: Safa
33: SRM Slinkun
33: Strider
33: Tyson Starr
33: Uruboros

[/collapse]

Brawl Doubles Results (15 Total)
1: W.i.R. Fow + xero
2: W.i.R. Z + W.i.R. Gebgar
3: Ken Neth + Yaz
4: Mars + DeathBySuarez
5: Ben + Anonano
5: Gangstakirby + Colus
7: Chris + Jace
7: Joke + Jellyfishn
9: Alex + Steve
9: Pwny + Kage
9: Ezat + Art Hole
9: Three Legged yoyo + Rench
13: Braxton + Lee
13: Jordan + Dwane
13: Tane + Rockmix

[/collapse]

Correct me if I'm wrong on the characters used and I'll update it. I'll upload it to AllIsBrawl once everything is confirmed.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I just realized that the Melee brackets were manipulated midway through the tournament, probably because two Vegas players happened to play each other in Round 3, by one of the other TOs. Wish I was made aware of the exact change. I believe that the change probably should not have happened in the first place, since I had it set up to seed by location as well, so what it ended up after the random process of Tio should have stayed the way it was randomized. The change ended up kind of screwing me pretty hard. Still my fault for not being able to beat Aisight, but that's not the point. I don't mind too much that the change ended up screwing me, as seeding was already a bit off due to me not knowing too accurately how some people's skills are compared to each other; I just wished the change wasn't made without my knowledge while I was running around trying to get things resolved.

Well, at least with this, I'll be able to seed any future tournaments more accurately whenever Vegas comes again. I'm glad all of the OoS players could make it, and I'm glad to hear from Vegas that they had a good time here.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I had so much fun at this tourney. Ggs to everyone I played, and thanks to all the OoS players that made it out. It was awesome.

More detailed shoutouts to come later once I get some sleep.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
DAH! So disappointed! If i wasn't being stupid and cocky I could have gotten at least 3 ranks higher!

On the upside I had tons of fun and learned a lot. Thanks to everyone who put all the effort into putting this together!

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
1: Toph (Fox)-you're mega legit. way better than I thought from watching your videos throughout the years. we didn't play much but ohwell
2: JPeGImage (C. Falcon) -I said what I thought about your playstyle in the venue. I found it predictable but bottom line you are without a doubt the better player. grats on third and you are seriously good
3: C!Z (Marth)- did we even play? How come my text is aqua now?
4: Yaz (Peach)-I like you a lot as a person and as a player. you're quite good. I call shenanigans on you outplacing me because we never played :D
5: aisight (Peach, Sheik) -I also thought you played in a predictable manner but you have some great reads and in general really strong fundamentals. always ccing attacks, fast reactions, etc. also heard you won persona? grats on that. same as jpeg--I don't mean to be insulting at all by calling you "predictable", merely saying how I observed your play. you also whooped my ass so no j00nz
5: Tomacawk (Fox) - at least you had exotic veggie chips
7: 2D Nando (Samus) -had fun playing friendlies with you
7: Mr.Fix It (Sheik) -ggs in brackets!
9: Perfect Chaos (Fox, Sheik) -thanks for running the tournament, and being in general a dope ass member of the community
9: Rockmix (C. Falcon?) -we didn't even talk to each other let alone play. I feel like you don't like me because of my stellar posting history, but I felt like we got along great the first time we met. Not sure what the deal here is.
9: Sephiroths Masamune (Marth) -I'll give you tips next time :D
13: DeathKingSuarez -nice job on 13th. I think you can be mega dope at melee with some practice (it'd make you better at brawl too!)
13: TheBuzzSaw - nice job on 13th. I think a little bit of practice in teams and you could develop a lot as a player. next smashfest I can go over basic strategies / improvements we can make. also nice character dumbass
17: Gojira - HELP! GOJIRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
25: Mars -huh? you entered melee? didn't know you even played mount brolympus. fun as always talking with you.
didn't recognize a lot of names in the results so I can't shout you out if I don't know who you are :(
I enjoyed everybody's company. Thanks to everybody who brought a setup and preserves the community.
I'd like to say that I'm very sorry if I came off as "******" or anything like that to the TOs. You guys are awesome and have a difficult job, and you ran the tournament well. For me as a PLAYER, it simply felt like it was taking way too long to play my matches. I don't have the information or even understanding of how running a tournament works, balancing brawl and melee and setups, etc., so understand that if I'm being a dumbass it's out of ignorance. Thanks again for running everything, I just felt like, in hindsight, I might have been coming off in an annoying manner.

thanks for coming oosers, even if you took errr jerrrrbzzzz

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
This tourney was way too good. Feel pretty happy, but not completely content with how I placed in all the tournaments, which means I am going to be practicing my butt off until the next tourney. Excited to be getting back into the scene. I have been on and off for a while but a tourney like this gets me pumped. Way awesome to see Vegas and Washington here, and congrats and ggs to everyone!

I will be even better next time! :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
5: aisight (Peach, Sheik) -I also thought you played in a predictable manner but you have some great reads and in general really strong fundamentals. always ccing attacks, fast reactions, etc. also heard you won persona? grats on that. same as jpeg--I don't mean to be insulting at all by calling you "predictable", merely saying how I observed your play. you also whooped my *** so no j00nz
My reactions aren't fast, yo. If I immediately punished something you did it was probably because I figured you were gonna do that so I mashed out my punish ahead of time. :V

But gg's, sorry about the long wait and such!

So I just realized that the Melee brackets were manipulated midway through the tournament, probably because two Vegas players happened to play each other in Round 3, by one of the other TOs. Wish I was made aware of the exact change. I believe that the change probably should not have happened in the first place, since I had it set up to seed by location as well, so what it ended up after the random process of Tio should have stayed the way it was randomized. The change ended up kind of screwing me pretty hard. Still my fault for not being able to beat Aisight, but that's not the point. I don't mind too much that the change ended up screwing me, as seeding was already a bit off due to me not knowing too accurately how some people's skills are compared to each other; I just wished the change wasn't made without my knowledge while I was running around trying to get things resolved.
Oh man, I didn't realize that wasn't like an official decision : \ I totally would've been fine playing JPeG in the second round 'cause I was confident on making it to top 8 either way, but yeah, sorry about screwing you over for the rest of brackets.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Roflroflrofl @ Gkirbz knocking so many Utah players out of losers' hahahahaha.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
@TO its completely normal for TO's to have to manually seed their brackets after tio has worked it's magic. I do it all the time. The most fun brackets are when no one is playing friends and the best players are far from eachother on bracket

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh man, I didn't realize that wasn't like an official decision : \ I totally would've been fine playing JPeG in the second round 'cause I was confident on making it to top 8 either way, but yeah, sorry about screwing you over for the rest of brackets.
You and JPeG wouldn't have played until Winner's Semis (given that you can beat C!Z in the quarterfinals); it was 2D Nando that had to play JPeG in round 3 (which they didn't want to since it seems they know each other quite well). The Round 3 swap ended up being a 3-way rotation of you, 2D Nando, and Joseph Blanco. Looking at the bracket now, initial seedings were off due to my lack of knowledge on the skill level of Vegas, anyway, making the top half of the bracket a little skill-heavy, so this change might have been for the better. I guess me being out earlier than I expected gave me less to worry about while running the tournament, so all is fine.

I just hope that for any tournaments that I run in the future, if someone helping me with the bracket changes something then they should notify me of the exact change.

@TO its completely normal for TO's to have to manually seed their brackets after tio has worked it's magic. I do it all the time. The most fun brackets are when no one is playing friends and the best players are far from eachother on bracket
It wasn't that the brackets were changed immediately after the brackets were generated, but that players were swapped in the middle of the progress of the tournament. But yeah, it worked out for the better this time, fortunately.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
All I knew was that my name was called, JPeG went "oh noooooo" and then when I asked if I was playing him the TO just went "wait, let me fix this" and like 30 minutes later I was matched up against you, lol. But yeah, Nando and JPeG are both Vegas and came to Salt Fest in the same carpool.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Was any of the stream recorded? Will any of those matches get put on youtube?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Big thanks to all the Vegas peeps for coming out, was a ton of fun.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
omfg, GOJIRA was here??? the bowser player? did he get any matches recorded?
Gojira's account apparently doesn't work right, so he asked me to post his response.
Gojira said:
I was there dude but I am so bad at smash now my matches would be nothing special. That was the first tourney I entered in 5 years. However, it is good to know someone I don't know knows me lol ~Gojira

Top Bottom