• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.Y.M.I. 3- The Gauntlet Results feat. M2K, Zhu, Jman and more!!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Now that I've got the bracket images up. (After trying to find an alternate way of doing so.) I want to thank everyone who came to this tournament to help it be a big success. We had 48 total in attendance spread out over 4 events. A big special thanks to those who stepped up in helping assure that matches were happening. Without further delay:

Melee Teams (13 teams)
1: Pinecone (CT EMP M2K+Velocity)
2: ZMan (JMan + Zhu)
3: Sticky Hands (Vorosh + Nando)
4: Team So awesome we're gonna beast M2K (Mr. Dude+Lazy)
5: Team Megabus (Kite + Chief Queef)
5: The Flannelmen
7: Hart!xGummi (Hart! + Gummi)
7: Team Gofo
9: Only 90s kids (KYL_Tim + KYL_Dr3w)
9: Team GG (Tempestt + Dusk/lvl9 computer) DQ'ed from losers
9: Team Sandbag
9: Warren (KYL_Smok + KYL_Starcandy)
13: Noob Crew

Melee Singles (23 Entrants)
1: CT EMP M2K
2: JMan
3: Zhu
4: Nando
5: Velocity
5: Lazy
7: Mr. Dude
7: Kite
9: Destructicon
9: Chief Queef
9: MCO
9: JimmyJam
13: Anagarm
13: Vorosh
13: KYL_Tim
13: The Jedi
17: Babs
17: KYL_Dr3w
17: Mark
17: KYL_Smok
17: Crzy
17: Gummi
17: KYL_Starcandy

Project: M Teams (9 teams)
1: Pinecone (CT EMP M2K + Velocity)
2: Team Spicy (Jreed + Cruzy Cakes)
3: Lawn Chair and Zhu (Lawn Chair + Zhu)
4: Team Kirby (Mr. Dude + Kite)
5: Shiek and The Shiekettes and Bowser (Doub1e He1ix + Deff)
5: Harrisburg
7: Wizards and Warriors
7: Team DJs
9: No Sleep Ninjas (Lazy + Coolin)

Project: M Singles (20 Entrants)
1: CT EMP M2K
2: Jreed
3: Cruzy Cakes
4: Lawn Chair
5: Lazy
5: Jman
7: Zhu
7: Deff
9: Cylf
9: A-Griff
9: Uchi
9: Hart!
13: Kite
13: CAM
13: Risk
13: Santa
17: Vino
17: Doub1e He1ix
17: Big J
17: JimmyJam

Amazing tournament, and there will be even more announcements to happen. I know there were a few hiccups, but there were unexpected complications that morning. Spacing with the tables/setups would have been better, but the owner was held up. He actually had something he wanted to do with that. Next time, we should have a section that's JUST for casuals, which should free up some more space in the main section as well.

I'll get around to shout outs soon enough, as always. Videos will happen as I can make them happen. I do have a few to post from the previous tournament as well. Keep your eyes peeled for the next one!!!

Last edited:

Jreed420

Smash Cadet
Shout out to m2k for a hype teams and singles grand finals lol he's still a god sadly and shoutout to Uchi for helpin a ***** rep rice and beans :)
(Wah wah wah) (wario voice)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The OP is now updated with bracket images and some team names filled. If you guys would like to fill in character usage, etc. Feel free to let me know, and I'll update them as I get to them. Thanks again, everyone!!

Edit: Don't forget to talk up the series and make suggestions/requests/etc once shout outs and such are done.

Official tournament series thread and info dump: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-smash-like-you-mean-it-s-l-y-m-i-thread.347456/

Last edited:

LazynProud

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to everybody who was there, most specifically to:
Cruz Cakes, I'm sorry and you know why.
Zhu, I am still in love with that Falco. Thank you for coming, good stuff, I hope to see you again.
Mew2King, Thank you for coming, any chances you get to make it to these tournaments would be much obliged. Your experience, practice and wisdom are unmatched.
Mr. Dude, I'll keep practicing so that I don't make you come in 4th again. Besides, with a team name like ours, how could we ever lose?
Last, but definitely not least, huge thanks to Tempest and Dusk for hosting a fantastic tournament and supporting me through it. I'll continue to make effort in improving myself for the future.

Uchii

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0705-2928-8207
Shout out to m2k for a hype teams and singles grand finals lol he's still a god sadly and shoutout to Uchi for helpin a ***** rep rice and beans :)
(Wah wah wah) (wario voice)
MA DOOD RICE AND BEANS KILLED IT!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA Yo to a lllllll of the Easton Crew that repped your area, much love to all of you. Hope y'all come out to my tournament I'm hosting this coming Thursday (https://www.facebook.com/events/219227634946075/?notif_t=plan_user_joined) to play some more!!! Y'all too legit. Can't wait to get up to par with you guys :p

Last edited:

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Shout outs:
Dusk: You did fine for your first teams match. Just keep practicing. Especially that movement.
Lv. 9 Ganon- Worst. Teams. Partner. Ever. Let's do it again some time.
Kite- Love you man. Thanks for showing up as always. You're mad beast, and you need to keep at it. You're a threat.
Lazy- My dude....you are TOO good. You gotta find a way to stay in beast mode.
Noob Crew- Nice fight you put up. I felt like I was fighting 3 people, though, haha.
Uchi- Thanks for coming through. This is the beginning of a movement. Keep up the hard work.
Coolin- I was sad to only see you in teams. I guess no sleep does a number on you, though.
Doub1e He1ix- You've gotten better! Keep improving. Deff said he really enjoyed having you as a teams partner.
Cylf- Excellent job. It was great seeing you again
Velocity- Good seeing you again. Good stuff all around, man.
JMan- My dude!!! I hope you can come out again. That Fox was looking beautiful. Good stuff in Melee and PM
Zhu- I haven't seen you in forever! It was great seeing you again. We really need to play next time.
M2K- Nice job winning it all, man. I hope we can see you again. Watch out for Easton Smash. They're too good.
Nando- Great seeing you again, man, That Falcon is so good. Excellent job overall.
Mr. Dude- With a team name like that...how could you not succeed? Haha. Good stuff, man!
Harrisburg- There were a lot of you, but you guys were pretty awesome. Hope to see you guys again.
CAM- Thanks for coming out. Awesome stuff! It was nice to finally meet you.
Lawn Chair- THIS MAN!!! Good stuff, and such an epic match between you and Deff.
Vorosh- Good stuff in teams, man. Good seeing you again, too. Clean up those characters! =P
Anagarm- Good stuff and great seeing you again. No worries. I'll continue to get your name right.
The Jedi- Coming out here on Crutches and handling that business. Nice!! It was cool meeting you, man. Hope to see you and your crew again.

The KYL crew: It was great seeing you guys again. Bring more next time!!
T1m- Good stuff placing up there. You set out to do what you said and accomplished it.
Dr3w- Good ol' Dr3wbear. Nice job playing today. I'm sorry we didn't get to play you in teams, though.
Smok- You didn't quite seem to be playing like yourself. Keep at it, bro.
Starcandy- Keep at it!! You're getting better.

Easton Smash: You guys!!! Oh my god...the performance and showing!!!
Deff- MOST DEFF, MOST DEFF, MOST DEFF!!!! Yo, you handled your business today. Easton in top 8. Drag your brother out here next time. Even if you have to threaten his job. =P
A-Griff- THIS man with that determination. Having to face M2K round 1 is a tough job, but someone has to do it! Good stuff. Nice meeting you, and we should be playing.
Vino- Tough brackets for sure. I know you're good, though. It's all bueno. Good seeing you again. Thanks for helping me hunt down people.
Cruzy Cakes- Yoooo that performance, though. Easton taking up 2/3 top 3? Yeah, man. Good stuff. That Mario is dumb. Best Mario.
Jreed- Got people talking about you and that Wario. 2nd place was hard fought. It's sooo good, though.

To anyone else I missed, it was great meeting you guys. Thanks for coming through, and be on the look out for the next one!!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
They're happening. I'll let you know as soon as I have some up. I thought I grabbed them off Angel's computer, but they weren't the right files. He said he's got them, so I'm trying to get them from him as soon as I can. If I can snag it Monday, I'll get the Finals up on Tuesday.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I FINALLY have vids in my possession. the first thing going up will be Winners Finals of Melee. Then probably losers and Grand Finals.

The next step will be Losers and Grand Finals of PM.

After that...it's a pot shot. I've got what we wound up getting of Losers Finals of teams in one video. Then following is a 4+hour chunk from Grand Finals of PM Teams ALL the way up to Winners Finals PM. (So this includes Melee teams and some singles.) So that I'll have to sort through. If you have ANY requests, just let me know. I'll search for it to the best of my ability.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

Shoutouts to Nando for bringing honor to the Falcon name

Top Bottom