• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Thing is, Marth's Awakening attire is pretty much Lucina's while Ike's wasn't all that great. Both of them had better designs to use and hence them having their Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn appearances respectively.

It hasn't been done before but now would be the perfect time to do it with Roy seeing as that attire would be amazing as his primary.
That's a pretty subjective argument, you know. How "amazing" the designs were is a matter of individual opinion that very likely has little impact on the decisions of Smash DLC.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's a pretty subjective argument, you know. How "amazing" the designs were is a matter of individual opinion that very likely has little impact on the decisions of Smash DLC.
I'm just saying it looks overall cooler and it gives Roy a revamped look similar to Marth and Ike. There's no harm done if the Melee attire is still available as a secondary instead.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
It's not that his DLC doesn't add much new, it's that Awakening's character DLC in general doesn't. If you're not too crazy about Roy's redesign, you're probably better off enjoying him from Bonus Box.

Benefits to each character map:
  • Some dialogue from enemy troops who are veteran characters of the series, each with entering battle dialogue and dying dialogue. Some characters trigger special dialogue for entering battles with past characters of the series.
  • A throwback to one old song in the series per map, which isn't much considering they aren't even remixed or remade. It's nifty if you really want to use your 3DS to listen to whatever theme, I suppose.
  • Recruitment dialogue from the hero you recruit, including some of their backstory, though it's brief.
  • You can recruit the paid DLC Roy and the free DLC Roy separately, for double the Roy.
Downsides to character DLC:
  • No dialogue outside of their map intros, own recruiting, and enemy appearances on maps.
  • No supports to boost their statistics and pair up potential, and nothing to add more gameplay options for other characters.
  • Cannot be used in Streetpass, they show up as just Outrealm units to other players, so they won't know you're repping our boy.
  • Generic avatar class models for each class, with no unique classes, animations, or items for these characters. It strongly disappoints me that Roy is given ugly armor via hero promotion with avatar creation parts slapped on, and even the decent mercenary model armor suffers greatly from the avatar creation parts.
I'll leave it to you to decide if the DLC is worth it or not. Personally, I would hit up serenesforest for scripts at http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Xenologue:_Champions_of_Yore_2_(Script) and I would recruit Roy from the Bonus Box. The character DLC for this game is disappointing for its price, especially considering its intentional flaw via these heroes being almost entirely excluded from Streetpass, when you could be showing your favorite Fire Emblem characters on there otherwise. I hope Hoshido/Nohr learns from these problems with character DLC, if not I don't plan on buying most if not all of their DLC if they go that route.

Noteworthy maps for making units more powerful, however, are:
  • Champions of Yore 3, which nets you an All Stats +2 book for each completion, and Micaiah comes with Shadowgift which her Bonus Box counterpart lacks and is an extremely rare and valuable skill to begin with.
  • Lost Bloodlines 2, for Alm with a Dread Scroll on each completion for access to the Dread Fighter class for males (swords, axes, tomes, and the Aggressor and Resistance +10 skills)
  • Lost Bloodlines 3, for Seliph and the Paragon book on each completion which is a skill that doubles experience.
  • Smash Brethren 2, for Eirika and a Wedding Bouquet for each completion, for access to the Bride class for females (lances, bows, staves) along with the Rally Heart and Bond skills.
  • Smash Brethren 3, for Lyndis and the Iote Shield book, which negates additional bow damage against fliers when the skill is equipped.
  • Rogues and Redeemers 3, for Ike, and the Limit Breaker book, which is arguably the best skill in the game for postgame. It raises all stat caps by ten besides hitpoints.
  • EXPonential Growth for grinding weak units or being a place to round off a unit that's Lv9, Lv14, Lv19, etc.
  • The Golden Gaffe for lots of gold, you can auto-grind to maximum gold in minutes with the right loadout.
  • Infinite Regalia for Eldigan and legendary weapons that are one-time obtainables without the DLC, you can farm for many Forseti, Ragnell, etc.
Even with this in mind, $2.50 or $3.00 per map is very costly, and $6.00 or $6.50 for a value pack of three isn't really worth a few skills, easy grinding, more copies of rare or limited items, or mechanical boosts.

The Scramble and Future Past DLC packs offer toooooons of dialogue and new story between Awakening's cast, Apotheosis is nice for a great challenge, an emblem for completing it fast enough as a challenge, and you get Katarina, who is another Shadowgift wielder, though if you can beat Apotheosis then there's not much purpose for it, is there? These are some of the better DLC packs. I would say Future Past is the only pack worth its price while Scramble isn't, but Scramble's still some of the more valuable DLC Awakening has. Apotheosis is worth its price as a standalone map.

The Challenge pack was disappointing to me. I do not recommend it, the rest of Awakening and Apotheosis are much more satisfying for challenge than this pack, and the pegasisters don't have as much valuable dialogue as the lords. These maps threw in unique mechanics without making them particularly interesting or worth playing through, especially considering it goes with one minor gimmick per map without really tying the maps together in any sense.

Don't worry about it, Awakening really screwed up with their DLC plan which is why frustration is very understandable.

Overall I'd be much more positive about the DLC if it didn't cost so much for so little compared to the rest of the $40 purchase that is Awakening. $70.50 for everything individually, and $50.50 with the value packs. On DLC alone. Yeah. After the game is taken into account, that's about $110.50 at worst and $90.50 at best. This is absolutely disgusting. I never expected Intelligent Systems of all people to stoop this low and it muddies the fact that DLC can be very healthy for games. They are charging more than the actual game for a fraction of its content, and this started the moment they could get away with it due to the 3DS being able to handle digital transactions while systems of previous Fire Emblem games couldn't, since it'd be hard to push copies with more than $40 retail price.

I bought into it before it was too late, so now all I can do is educate people who still haven't thrown their money away to greedy development by showing what's worth buying. I bought the Awakening DLC as soon as each pack was released just for more Fire Emblem content, but I didn't think about it much until it was all said and done. It was easy to fall for it with their releases over time.

Hoshido and Nohr so far seem like they'll be giving more value for $40 due to the choice between two full Awakening-sized games, each for a different audience. We'll see, though, hopefully IS doesn't pull any stunts.
That's a lot of good information. Thanks! Awakening is my first FE game even though I'm a huge fan of Roy. So it's all kind of new to me.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
My only concern about Smashified is that on their site, there's an FAQ section about cut vets:
The veterans of the Smash games that didn't make it into Smash 4 are very missed, and chances are, they'll be covered at some point. However, part of what makes Smashified exciting is the opportunity to breathe new life into characters, some of which have been slumbering for years or even decades! Characters that have been in past Smash games generally have a smaller capacity for artistic interpretation, and as such, they're a lower priority than "newcomer" characters.

Not saying Roy has no chance of happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's lower priority, as with the other vets. There's probably a lineup of newcomers waiting. We do have a lot of people who support Roy though, the FB group is proof. So with Roy I think we need a lot of people constantly pushing for him if we want to see him smashified sooner than later.

Roy should have three alternate pieces of equipment on different costumes:

One featuring Eliwood's headband/circlet/crown thingy.

One featuring Lyndis's sheath and belts.

One featuring Hector's chest armor.

Similar to Jigglypuff and Pikachu's headgear.

Who agrees?

The veterans of the Smash games that didn't make it into Smash 4 are very missed, and chances are, they'll be covered at some point. However, part of what makes Smashified exciting is the opportunity to breathe new life into characters, some of which have been slumbering for years or even decades! Characters that have been in past Smash games generally have a smaller capacity for artistic interpretation, and as such, they're a lower priority than "newcomer" characters.
Roy's Awakening appearance has no 3D models out there and has never been covered in a Smash game, so I can see him looking at Roy's Awakening design and thinking "hmmm this **** is dope" after getting lost in those deep, blue eyes for several hours, and getting to work right away. Since Roy's been asleep for a decade, I hope he takes that into consideration as well.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Roy's Awakening appearance has no 3D models out there and has never been covered in a Smash game, so I can see him looking at Roy's Awakening design and thinking "hmmm this **** is dope" after getting lost in those deep, blue eyes for several hours, and getting to work right away. Since Roy's been asleep for a decade, I hope he takes that into consideration as well.
We'll have to push for his Awakening design then, or perhaps a mash-up. I just wouldn't be surprised if they have a lineup of newcomers currently. But, since Roy is pretty popular, that might help us. Aside from Twitter, we can also reach out on their Youtube vids and hashtags on Facebook.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857

(Seriously is there even any semi Yu-Gi-Oh! fans here?)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I used to be a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day.

Though I'm a bigger fan of the Pokemon TCG

:troll:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
We'll have to push for his Awakening design then, or perhaps a mash-up. I just wouldn't be surprised if they have a lineup of newcomers currently. But, since Roy is pretty popular, that might help us. Aside from Twitter, we can also reach out on their Youtube vids and hashtags on Facebook.
I can't help you on that. I've already chosen three characters I've wanted Smashified:
Princess Daisy, Viridi, and Prince Fluff (I may or may not add Pichu, but Roy's gonna have to wait).

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
i want roy to return like i wanted lucas hopefully he will be in game by october 2015 on both versions but i just hope he has a few other changes because of young roy

Last edited:
I used to be a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day.

Though I'm a bigger fan of the Pokemon TCG

:troll:
Too broken. That's some stage 4 stuff. It could consistently shut down any deck by turn 2 or turn 3.

Just like the Roy haters who are getting shut down by turn 2 or turn 3 on their nonsense lately.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Too broken. That's some stage 4 stuff. It could consistently shut down any deck by turn 2 or turn 3.

Just like the Roy haters who are getting shut down by turn 2 or turn 3 on their nonsense lately.
Help, I can't stop making these

But yeah, the description on the Roy card is totally symbolic.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Lets predict some of the things that will happen in Roy's trailer.

- What will be his trailer theme(s)?
- How will Roy's trailer start? (i.e. like how Lucas had has trailer starting off with Ness getting beat up)
- How will Roy's trailer end?
- Will Roy have new recorded voice clips?
- Do you think the trailer will involve Roy and Roy Koopa in some way?

I'm curious to see if we can predict all of these things right.

South park and Lonely Roy reference found this morning:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkIBSCJWg

Help, I can't stop making these

But yeah, the description on the Roy card is totally symbolic.
That pokebody is too op to not make him an EX or at least stage 2, I'd run four of him easily.

- How will Roy's trailer start? (i.e. like how Lucas had has trailer starting off with Ness getting beat up)

-Trailer themes: Roy's Hope - Winning Road, Series Meeting Theme Medley in that order. That may be reversed but only if they open with ballot votes.
-Flare Blade charging up and being released in one way or another before Roy's face is shown, then he'll say one of his taunt quotes.
-It will end with him doing some epic pose with the other Fire Emblem characters, or with one of his taunts.
-I believe Roy Koopa will be involved, but I woudn't say it's certain.

I also think his best ballot votes are going to be showcased for a decent portion of the trailer. They might even give it away right away on who it is, or keep it somewhat vague by only giving the reasoning box of each vote at first. The true fans of the character will know who it is at first, at least.

Those are my bare minimums and just general predictions to throw into the game.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

-I really want the main theme to be Winning Road, but that's just me. And throughout the trailer, if they need more music, take more from FE6 and FE7. Because I love all of the music from those games and I can't choose. D:
-I think it would start with some of the Melee veterans fighting (Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Marth we can throw in there) and then Roy would show up and be like "Hey! You forgot about me!" But in a Japanese voice maybe?
-Hm, maybe him with all of the other FE characters or the Melee veterans I mentioned before, similar to how Robin and Lucina's trailer ended.
-I would really want the same voice actor, but new clips. (And we can't change the Up-B okay)
-Roy beating up Roy Koopa might be one of the "moveset show-off" clips.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
wow and again, poof for a while show up pages later -laughs-
its great to see this topic have so much traffic but.. being a hundred plus posts behind.. man... XD
anyway one other thing i thought of is that The moves in Melee and in teh current one for marth are a bit different such as with shield breaker.
In melee its a charged Forward swing from above
In current its a charged forward stab.
Even if you did keep Roy's moves from Melee hed stil have the odd bits of variety as well as a mix of moves from Ike and Marth.

ah so many happy thoughts ^_^

"And teh winner is.. ROY."
roy : Im no turtle.

"And teh winner is... ROY"
Roy: having trouble keeping up Marth?

"and teh winner is... Lucina"
Lucina: thats the power of the Binding blade?

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033

- That FE music from Melee and some other song that relates to him. I guess the Winning Road song would work. : D
- FE characters fighting. Roy Koopa comes in, then Roy Flare Blades him off the screen and does his Melee taunt, which shows his introduction and tagline. Then we see him doing his moves and stuff and beating everyone up. : D
- Him doing some cool poses like the end of the Lucas trailer.
- If the other FE characters are anything to go by, probably not. Marth still has his clips from Melee, so Roy probably would too.
- They could do it as a little joke and also as a means to introduce Roy.

wow and again, poof for a while show up pages later -laughs-
its great to see this topic have so much traffic but.. being a hundred plus posts behind.. man... XD
anyway one other thing i thought of is that The moves in Melee and in teh current one for marth are a bit different such as with shield breaker.
In melee its a charged Forward swing from above
In current its a charged forward stab.
Even if you did keep Roy's moves from Melee hed stil have the odd bits of variety as well as a mix of moves from Ike and Marth.
His d-air would also swing from the front instead of from behind like Marth does in Smash 4 if that is kept intact. Though, I'm sure hoping he gets a lot of revamps, buffs, or changes to his neutral moves and even his specials. Even if the changes are just simple animation changes. . .

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
- If the other FE characters are anything to go by, probably not. Marth still has his clips from Melee, so Roy probably would too.
I should mention that Marth indeed has new voice clips. His sound when he get KO'd is different from Melee.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I' m thinking about throwing a rock at the hornet's nest that is GameFAQs by making a poll asking if there is a more pathetic and lying detractor base than that of Roy detractors.

Please feel free to make suggestions based on what I have so far-

Thinking about it. I can't think of a single detractor base that has employed more lies or hypocrisy than that of Roy haters.

Lie - Claimed Sigurd was planned for Melee instead of Roy and was popularly requested for Melee, and Intelligent Systems forced Sakurai to drop him and put in Roy instead.

Truth - Sigurd was never planned for any installment of Smash Bros., and Sigurd was never popularly requested by Japanese fans, only achieving a measly two votes in the pre-Melee poll. For comparison sake, Seliph/Celice got four votes, Leaf/Leif got two votes, and non-lord Oguma/Ogma achieved eight votes. None of the Jugdral lords were desired for Melee. Marth of course was the highest achieving new series rep in the poll, and highest voted FE character by far.

Lie - Intelligent Systems forced Sakurai to add in Roy.

Truth - It was actually Sakurai's idea to add in Roy. Sakurai is a very big fan of FE and when he went to IS for permission to use a second FE character when he decided to add in the six clones, he was given a sneak peak at FE6. Sakurai had thought the fire properties to the Sword of Seals helped distinguish Roy from other possible choices for a Marth clone, and there wasn't anyone else that was popularly requested so it seemed like a natural choice.

Lie - Roy isn't popular in Japan.

Truth - Roy relative to other characters is even more popular in Japan than in the West. Roy was amongst the Top 3 most wanted characters for Smash 4, and for Smash DLC as well. Roy ranked as the most popular character from FE6 in an official poll done by IS in Japan. For a poll done in 2005 about the most popular characters of the entire GBA trilogy in 2005 in Nintendo Dream, the official Japanese Nintendo magazine, Roy ranked as the most popular character of the GBA games.

Lie - FE6 bombed in Japan.

Truth - FE6 was the third highest selling game in the series in Japan. It has fallen to the fourth highest selling with the release of FE13. This is impressive for a series with 13 games.

Lie- But... but.. FE6 wasn't well-received.

Truth - From all accounts FE6 seems to have been well-received by both critics and fans in Japan. FE6 ranked as the highest rated FE title by Famitsu in Japan, with only FE13 tying its score. Amongst fans, on Amazon, FE6 has amongst the highest review aggregate score of the entire series, tying with FE7 and FE3, and only FE4 ranking higher. On the popular Japanese fan review site mk2, FE6 has the highest aggregate score of any FE game, though I think FE7 is tied with it as well.

Lie - Roy was to be a one and done. He was never supposed to come back.

Truth - Roy had a file folder in Brawl, as well as previously cut veterans, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario. Mewtwo and Dr. Mario would later return for Smash 4.

Lie - People who like Roy are not legitimate fans because they have not played his source material.

Truth - The fact is that for many characters in Smash Bros., many have probably not played their source material. ROB and Ice Climbers in particular both suffer from having their only games be rather sub-par. For characters such as Captain Falcon, Lucas, Ness, Marth, Ike, Shulk, Mr. Game & Watch, and likely others, I would venture to say most of the people who use them have not played the games they are from. There is also the fact that Sakurai has gone on the record to say that he designed Roy so that people could enjoy him without knowing the game he is from (from his page on the Japanese Melee Dojo).

Lie - Roy is unnecessary because we already have a Marth clone.

Truth- The fact is that Lucina plays nothing like Roy. She is LITERALLY one step removed from being an alternate costume. She has practically no differences from Marth aside from the lack of a tipper. Their weight, speed, and special properties are the same. She ranks alongside Dark Pit, as the most similar clone to their original in the entire series. Even Dr. Mario has far more differences to Mario than Lucina and Dark Pit do to Marth and Pit. The fact is that Lucina as a clone offers no reason to play her except for beginners with Marth's moveset. Roy on the otherhand has a drastically different playstyle compared to Marth and his properties such as weight, speed, fall speed, regular a-moves, and specials all have different properties and values compared to Marth. There is also the fact that Roy will most likely face Luigi-fication like was the case with Falco and Ganondorf in Brawl. Sakurai will probably utilize any plans he had for Roy in Brawl if/when he brings him back. Lucina's inclusion might even provide Sakurai an impetus to go even further with changing up Roy than he originally planned. Project M also further shows given proper balance and proper Luigi-fication, Roy is an extremely fun character and can be good relative to the tier list.

Lie - Roy shouldn't return because he is old news.

Truth - Sheik, Jigglypuff, Ike, Lucas?

Lie - FE is being over-repped.

Truth - Considering Lucina is basically almost an alternate costume, FE is probably closer to three slots than foure, but even if for the sake of arguing you say it has four, FE simply lacks content in many other areas to the game. It has no items and only a single Assist Trophy. Its two new stages are rather simplistic and similar to one another as well. There is also the fact that some series such as Zelda and Metroid simply don't have any more popular or notable candidates for additional newcomers that don't already have a role as an Assist Trophy or boss already in Smash 4. DK does have some candidates, and its probably going to receive a newcomer as DLC. The GBA era is also the only epoch for FE not yet repped in Smash 4. Marth reps FE on the NES/FC, SNES/SFC, and DS. Ike reps FE on the GCN and Wii. Robin (and Lucina to a lesser extent) reps FE on the 3DS.

Lie - Roy fans are blinded by Melee nostalgia.

Truth - Or maybe Roy fans, as Sakurai said, love him for his charm. Many people loved Roy as a character in Melee and his playstyle. Project M further showed the potential a possible return for Roy in Smash Bros. and his moveset.

Lie - Roy's not our boy.

Truth - Roy's certainly our boy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I' m thinking about throwing a rock at the hornet's nest that is GameFAQs by making a poll asking if there is a more pathetic and lying detractor base than that of Roy detractors.

Thinking about it. I can't think of a single detractor base that has employed more lies or hypocrisy than that of Roy haters.

Lie - Claimed Sigurd was planned for Melee instead of Roy and was popularly requested for Melee, and Intelligent Systems forced Sakurai to drop him and put in Roy instead.

Truth - Sigurd was never planned for any installment of Smash Bros., and Sigurd was never popularly requested by Japanese fans, only achieving a measly two votes in the pre-Melee poll. For comparison sake, Seliph/Celice got four votes, Leaf/Leif got two votes, and non-lord Oguma/Ogma achieved eight votes. None of the Jugdral lords were desired for Melee. Marth of course was the highest achieving new series rep in the poll, and highest voted FE character by far.

Truth - It was actually Sakurai's idea to add in Roy. Sakurai is a very big fan of FE and when he went to IS for permission to use a second FE character when he decided to add in the six clones, he was given a sneak peak at FE6. Sakurai had thought the fire properties to the Sword of Seals helped distinguish Roy from other possible choices for a Marth clone, and there wasn't anyone else that was popularly requested so it seemed like a natural choice.

Truth - Roy relative to other characters is even more popular in Japan than in the West. Roy was amongst the Top 3 most wanted characters for Smash 4, and for Smash DLC as well. Roy ranked as the most popular character from FE6 in an official poll done by IS in Japan. For a poll done in 2005 about the most popular characters of the entire GBA trilogy in 2005 in Nintendo Dream, the official Japanese Nintendo magazine, Roy ranked as the most popular character of the GBA games.

Truth - FE6 was the third highest selling game in the series in Japan. It has fallen to the fourth highest selling with the release of FE13. This is impressive for a series with 13 games.

Truth - From all accounts FE6 seems to have been well-received by both critics and fans in Japan. FE6 ranked as the highest rated FE title by Famitsu in Japan, with only FE13 tying its score. Amongst fans, on Amazon, FE6 has amongst the highest review aggregate score of the entire series, tying with FE7 and FE3, and only FE4 ranking higher. On the popular Japanese fan review site mk2, FE6 has the highest aggregate score of any FE game, though I think FE7 is tied with it as well.

Truth - Roy had a file folder in Brawl, as well as previously cut veterans, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario. Mewtwo and Dr. Mario would later return for Smash 4.

Lie - People who like Roy are not legitimate fans because they have not played his source material.

Truth - The fact is that for many characters in Smash Bros., many have probably not played their source material. ROB and Ice Climbers in particular both suffer from having their only games be rather sub-par. For characters such as Captain Falcon, Lucas, Ness, Marth, Ike, Shulk, Mr. Game & Watch, and likely others, I would venture to say most of the people who use them have not played the games they are from. There is also the fact that Sakurai has gone on the record to say that he designed Roy so that people could enjoy him without knowing the game he is from (from his page on the Japanese Melee Dojo).

Truth- The fact is that Lucina plays nothing like Roy. She is LITERALLY one step removed from being an alternate costume. She has practically no differences from Marth aside from the lack of a tipper. Their weight, speed, and special properties are the same. She ranks alongside Dark Pit, as the most similar clone to their original in the entire series. Even Dr. Mario has far more differences to Mario than Lucina and Dark Pit do to Marth and Pit. The fact is that Lucina as a clone offers no reason to play her except for beginners with Marth's moveset. Roy on the otherhand has a drastically different playstyle compared to Marth and his properties such as weight, speed, fall speed, regular a-moves, and specials all have different properties and values compared to Marth. There is also the fact that Roy will most likely face Luigi-fication like was the case with Falco and Ganondorf in Brawl. Sakurai will probably utilize any plans he had for Roy in Brawl if/when he brings him back. Lucina's inclusion might even provide Sakurai an impetus to go even further with changing up Roy than he originally planned. Project M also further shows given proper balance and proper Luigi-fication, Roy is an extremely fun character and can be good relative to the tier list.

Truth - Considering Lucina is basically almost an alternate costume, FE is probably closer to three slots than foure, but even if for the sake of arguing you say it has four, FE simply lacks content in many other areas to the game. It has no items and only a single Assist Trophy. Its two new stages are rather simplistic and similar to one another as well. There is also the fact that some series such as Zelda and Metroid simply don't have any more popular or notable candidates for additional newcomers that don't already have a role as an Assist Trophy or boss already in Smash 4. DK does have some candidates, and its probably going to receive a newcomer as DLC. The GBA era is also the only epoch for FE not yet repped in Smash 4. Marth reps FE on the NES/FC, SNES/SFC, and DS. Ike reps FE on the GCN and Wii. Robin (and Lucina to a lesser extent) reps FE on the 3DS.

Truth - Or maybe Roy fans, as Sakurai said, love him for his charm. Many people loved Roy as a character in Melee and his playstyle. Project M further showed the potential a possible return for Roy in Smash Bros. and his moveset.

Lie - Roy's not our boy.

Chrono, don't know why you keep bothering with such an infamously awful board anyway.

I think all are pretty good - and you could obviously with back with your sources if people keep saying you have fake claims. But I still think it's bit talking to a bunch of dummies about something well-crafted. It'll get ignored IMO because they don't wanna accept it. Maybe keep it around for more sensibly acting but still misinformed forums.

Also:

According to Gamexplain Roy's sound files were found in the games data

There will be a Nintendo Direct held this Sunday at 7PM in Japan, focusing on Wii U/3DS games coming this summer.

No international Nintendo Direct have been announced yet!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The amount of lies and BS that the haters spew are just incredible. Seriously, i've never seen a more pathetic hatebase for a character like the one for Roy.

Of course their are some people who have legit concerns about Roy being in the game such as him being a "3rd Marth clone" and stuff but their mostly overshadowed by the mindless haters who spread lies about the character because he doesn't fit the mold of OHKO lord like some of the other ones or "he's not muh Hector". These people don't even deserve to be taken seriously.

Also, good to see you back on SB Chrono.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Lie - Roy's not our boy.

Yeah! I always see Fire Emblem in Smash 4 with THREE characters and a filler.

Also... YAY! Finally someone notices that Fire Emblem is "underrepresentend" in other aspects that don't are Characters (well, is normal in my eyes, Fire Emblem is a series with a lot of characters... is more useful as a character base because all the things with you can based their)

And... Welcome again o.o

PD: Little question... Someone see possible another FE character as DLC? (The only "shoo-in" is a Veteran)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Lie - Roy's not our boy.

As Valkyrie said, I don't see why you're bothering with that place. Why not them just let them enjoy themselves until the actual confirmation hits like a rock? :p

Though the points are very true indeed.

:231:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I'm currently playing this song at full blast. The day is coming much sooner than we all expected.

Lie - Roy's not our boy.

well if you do actually post that give a link please :p

what about the "roy is hated by FE fans for being terrible" part?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

I'm currently playing this song at full blast. The day is coming much sooner than we all expected.
I love all the times that I listen the original version on this theme in FE6 all the times that I almost finished a hard chapter... is awesome, have "victory" in all the time.

Also, I too like this version... I want that they used in some way in the Roy's Trailers... Is a theme based in his actual game :happysheep:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
There will be a Nintendo Direct held this Sunday at 7PM in Japan, focusing on Wii U/3DS games coming this summer.

No international Nintendo Direct have been announced yet!
Well I don't expect any news on Smash Bros at all, considering that E3 is only 18 days from here. But I do expect a release date for Lucas.
Hopefully, I'm wrong about this...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

It only comes from people who expect their lords to be OHKO machines like Ephiraim. That's pretty much what all Western FE fans want from their lords.

Lie - Roy's not our boy.

These are some very good points. I think everyone here should read them over at least one time, bookmark the post, and fight back with everything here. Whether it's on the ballot, on Miiverse posts supporting Roy (both of which are important considering we are at Nintendo's front doors), on other social media posts supporting Roy, or just everyday discussion, I feel this kind of thing is important to be educated on to help get our boy in and to defend his inclusion once we inevitably have to deal with salty and toxic people. If Roy is confirmed, I plan to make a definitive video that justifies him and tackles the misconceptions on him. This will help greatly with that.

According to Gamexplain Roy's sound files were found in the games data
We have the best thread title :awesome:

Chrono, don't know why you keep bothering with such an infamously awful board anyway.

I think all are pretty good - and you could obviously with back with your sources if people keep saying you have fake claims. But I still think it's bit talking to a bunch of dummies about something well-crafted. It'll get ignored IMO because they don't wanna accept it. Maybe keep it around for more sensibly acting but still misinformed forums.

Also:

This is something we should keep an eye on for any character reveals or further data on Lucas since he's near completion and release.
Roy, as the only Japan-exclusive veteran who isn't DLC, has a chance to be revealed or hinted at from that Direct. I've always argued that a Japan-only reveal for Roy was unlikely and not as good of an idea as an international reveal, but anything can happen, and they could always re-announce him at E3 or something, this could be handled similar to Shulk.
There's also the chance that it could become an international direct in the next few days, who knows?
I'm not saying get our hopes up either, we just need to keep an eye on this and anything from it that can benefit us. I really hope my phone gets flooded with 37 Roy texts at work, hehe.

The amount of lies and BS that the haters spew are just incredible. Seriously, i've never seen a more pathetic hatebase for a character like the one for Roy.

Of course their are some people who have legit concerns about Roy being in the game such as him being a "3rd Marth clone" and stuff but their mostly overshadowed by the mindless haters who spread lies about the character because he doesn't fit the mold of OHKO lord like some of the other ones or "he's not muh Hector". These people don't even deserve to be taken seriously.

Also, good to see you back on SB Chrono.

Agreed, I'm glad to see @ ChronoBound ChronoBound (accidentally typed the name as ChronoBack at first :laugh:) and @ FalKoopa FalKoopa back.

I got u fam, NinBuzz's recent poll only had him behind the most recent lords and Ike.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Lucina: basically an alt costume set for marth/ still has more plays than marth on my system
ehehe.. I just like the fact so many characters have gender choices now. I dunno what the whole Tipper thing is that people are talking about, but I just like playing her.
that and the fun of using a Counter right after the taunt that uses the SAME animation. I LOVE catching my sis off guard when she thinks im just doing taunts and then BAM sneak in the counter attack XD.

to be honest though I would like to see more trophies featuring the oher character outfits. Like alt versions of the main trophies with the alt gender. [robin atleast sorta has this as thre is a male clasic trophy and female All star trophy]
totally looking forward to red haired fire emblem teams though XD.

"Come at me!"
-ping-
Lucina : best fire emblem troll outside of ike Aethering Smart bombs.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Wasn't expecting a direct before E3 tbh. Whether we get a Smash reveal or not, this is going to be interesting.

@ ChronoBound ChronoBound GameFAQs will be GameFAQs. I personally wouldn't bother with the board, some people will fall on deaf ears. They won't accept the facts and never will. If you do plan on going through with the post, make sure you have sources to back-up your claims. I'll try to help as much as I can, and I'm sure others will. We'll need a lot of defenders.

You should throw in the argument that Roy has no personality (people like to single out Roy a lot, but most lords pre-FE7 don't have amazing character development). Ream made a good post about Roy sometime ago.

"Nah Roy's not a Gary Stu. He's one of the most well-developed characters in the series, knows when he needs help, and he admits he's not the strongest at different points in the story. He still manages to surpass his predecessors (Eliwood, Lyndis, Hector) and even the original heroes of Elibe by allowing Idoun to successfully live in peace, being one of the only people who has been able to help dragonkind and mankind get along peacefully, while ending the war caused by Bern and helping those hit by the war rebuild afterwards. Through learning from the weaknesses of other people and himself, he manages to take on the world's largest nation and dragonkind itself via gathering support from smaller nations, and most importantly, learns from the whole experience and critically assesses it after. I didn't see that kind of zero-to-hero or human element in most other Fire Emblem lords or characters. Eliwood, Marth, Leif, Levin, and Path of Radiance Ike are a few examples of where I was fortunate enough to see it. Unfortunately, it was one of the many things Awakening was devoid of, and I hope for it to return to future titles.

A Gary Stu is the opposite. I find Ephraim to be much more of one, considering he recklessly charges at everything and gets away scot-free every time. He doesn't learn from his capture early in the story, and there's not much that makes him look at himself or the world critically, even after saving it with his sister."
Whether you like Roy's character or not, it's subjective. But to say he has no personality is absurd. People don't seem to take the time to read support convos, the story, and analyze and try to interpret themes and the characters themselves.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I thought now about the potential reveal and I had some concerning thoughts: I'm afraid that if Roy would be to revealed in this Direct, it'd be because he was actually made into a quick Melee-based clone, since he'd be revealed so quick after Lucas.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think the timing is irrelevant IMO. Roy being in the sound files along with Ryu must mean that he was being worked on beforehand like around February or March. Whether he's still a clone or not won't be effected by the timing of his reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom