• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

espio87

Smash Ace
well, I learned my lesson from nyasennia, so I'll give Chronobound's friend the benefit of the doubt.
and to those people that say the Wii can't do that: The Wii has the capabilities neccesary to support downloable characters, so don't complain about that.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't Japan get them, but we would? We NEVER get anything better than Japan in Japan made games.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn't Japan get them, but we would? We NEVER get anything better than Japan in Japan made games.
The TC said Japan is getting them. ****, could you fully read the first post of the topic before posting this? The real truth is no one is getting any new characters however.

M.K

Level 55
I have a sig you moron, thanks for being a complete **** on the internet. Go have a staring contest with the Sun.

The Internet is filled with stupidity

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
No, why would they cheat the ****. Don't be a ******. Prophets are gone, no more of this ****.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
I have a sig you moron, thanks for being a complete **** on the internet. Go have a staring contest with the Sun.

The Internet is filled with stupidity
I was referring to friends or a significant other as you appear to be a sad, lonely person for posting that. The fact that you didn't recognize what I said shows who the real moron is here.

ChronoBound is one of the handful of users I respect on these boards but I think there's a very good chance he has got misinformation and this will turn out untrue. I don't see the Wii's puny hard drive being able to hold much excess data especially since people already use that for Virtual Console titles. Unless, there is an add-on of some sort but again I don't see this happening.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ugh, I am going to make a topic on GameFAQs, before this gets too out-of-control. I will just copy/paste the contents on that topic in a post in this topic.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
well, I learned my lesson from nyasennia, so I'll give Chronobound's friend the benefit of the doubt.
and to those people that say the Wii can't do that: The Wii has the capabilities neccesary to support downloable characters, so don't complain about that.
ahhh too many big words..

Stryks

Smash Hero
Interesting to say the least, it would actuallybe pretty cool, I wouldlike to see mewtwo again, not so much for roy tough... also if this is true, downloadable characters in the future will become a possibility... Megaman anyone?

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they would do this because of how long we've had to wait during this second delay compared to Japan? I'll believe it when I see it, but this seems like something that could happen.

The only thing is, I would think Sakurai would publicly announce something like this as soon as he knew it was happening to appease those angry with the delays. It makes zero sense to keep it a secret.

Machete

Smash Ace
Meh, I'd believe that if they were downloable for both USA and Japan and unlockable for PAL.

M.K

Level 55
I was referring to friends or a significant other as you appear to be a sad, lonely person for posting that. The fact that you didn't recognize what I said shows who the real moron is here.

ChronoBound is one of the handful of users I respect on these boards but I think there's a very good chance he has got misinformation and this will turn out untrue. I don't see the Wii's puny hard drive being able to hold much excess data especially since people already use that for Virtual Console titles. Unless, there is an add-on of some sort but again I don't see this happening.
Oh my god, DUH you were talking about a sig. other. Unlike you, I'm not a moronic idiot. Everyone is braver on the internet, so I'm going to assume you are some loser in life that jacks off to the sound of your own voice. Get a life and start living it.

Anyways, I DO agree on your second point. Chronobound is a well-respected person, and I've seen many threads by him and they are all awesome. Ill choose to believe this for now, and maybe I'll be dissapointed later, but that's the risk I'm willing to take.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am very doubtful but is possible since both characters basically have clones (Marth- Roy) and (Mewtwo-Lucario) and clones would be a lot easier to make. Also melee made a ton of more characters that where in the game but never finished most of them and cut them. I could see these characters already being made and cut before Brawl release in Japan and maybe Sakurai changed him mind and decided to stick them back in in the face of all the complaints.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Alright I posted a new "Cut" Content Thread on GameFAQs, and here is what I wrote on Roy & Mewtwo rumor:

The Rumor About Roy & Mewtwo Being Playable In The North American Version Of Brawl:

According to a user named Tfox, both Roy & Mewtwo will be fully coded and playable starting with the North American version of Brawl (PAL and later versions will also have them fully available). However, these two will be DLC for Japan.

The reason why I chose to believe Tfox is that he has revealed many things in the past about the Advance Wars series. Here is what he has revealed in the past regarding Advance Wars:

- He revealed Days of Ruin two days before any official source.
- He gave out a list of units and stats before any official source.
- Had information on the Advance Wars stickers in Brawl three weeks before they were shown on the Dojo.

I am personally waiting on Sakurai's and the director of Wii Ware's speeches at the GDC later this week, before I call this info fake. It is likely that if there is any DLC for Brawl, one of these two people will mention it in there speeches at the GDC.

- Prisma -

Smash Cadet
Assuming Roy/Mewtwo do come back.
They'd have to be really different from there counterparts (Marth/Lucario) to be usable.
Besides, I wouldn't use them.
Never liked them in the first place.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Please update the opening post with this info:

The Rumor About Roy & Mewtwo Being Playable In The North American Version Of Brawl:

According to a user named Tfox, both Roy & Mewtwo will be fully coded and playable starting with the North American version of Brawl (PAL and later versions will also have them fully available). However, these two will be DLC for Japan.

The reason why I chose to believe Tfox is that he has revealed many things in the past about the Advance Wars series. Here is what he has revealed in the past regarding Advance Wars:

- Had information on the Advance Wars stickers in Brawl three weeks before they were shown on the Dojo.

I am personally waiting on Sakurai's and the director of Wii Ware's speeches at the GDC later this week, before I call this info fake. It is likely that if there is any DLC for Brawl, one of these two people will mention it in there speeches at the GDC.

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
And what is the unexpected??

---

I wouldn't actually mind having Roy/Mewtwo as DLC. They'd make nintendo a lot of money actually.

Exactly what is the unexpected? That's the problem with all of this, nobody knows what to expect from Sakurai.

Does anyone know wat day of GDC Sakurai will be speaking on?

Rash

Smash Ace
Ugh, someone please lock this topic. I should have just kept my mouth shut until Sakurai announced DLC characters.
Chronobound, I didn't trust you, Nyasenya, or anyone of the others with the last prophecy, and you all turned out to be right. Admittedly, I was wrong.

To have spread yet another rumor is almost like biting off more than you can chew. I failed to believe you before, but now I owe an apology. However, having now been enlightened by your ability to tell the truth, I have an expectation. You already proved yourself to be someone who's honest and correct when it comes to spreading information from reliable sources. For that, I'm willing to not dismiss the new rumor about DLC. However, taking the responsibility for this is a huge undertaking; one that could hurt your already established credibility.

Just take this as a warning. You were right before. You've gained people's trust. Now if you're wrong, you will lose some of it again. Believe me, I don't want to lose confidence in anybody. Having doubted the "true leakers" before was enough as it is.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Assuming Roy/Mewtwo do come back.
They'd have to be really different from there counterparts (Marth/Lucario) to be usable.
Besides, I wouldn't use them.
Never liked them in the first place.
lol no they dont. Either way, Mewtwo IS really different than Lucario by 3 B moves and most A moves (or you think Mewtwo punched and kicked do you?). Roy could still be a clone, but I do think some of his moves will be different of so.

Formless

Smash Cadet
IGN did say that Nintendo told them to hold off on reviewing the game, as it wasn't a "final copy". Still sketchy, of course.

Formless

Smash Cadet
Huh? I never heard this.
It was somewhere on their podcast. Some reader asked them when they were reviewing the game and they replied that they could review it anytime because they've played it so much, but Nintendo says the US copy they have isn't review-ready.

M.K

Level 55
IGN did say that Nintendo told them to hold off on reviewing the game, as it wasn't a "final copy". Still sketchy, of course.
Ga-HHUH?

This is madness! This might be SO true, and would increase the final character roster to....37!

Of course, if Plusle/Minun were added, it'd be Pokemon that have the most reps.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Please update the opening post with this info:

Okay.

Chronobound, I didn't trust you, Nyasenya, or anyone of the others with the last prophecy, and you all turned out to be right. Admittedly, I was wrong.

To have spread yet another rumor is almost like biting off more than you can chew. I failed to believe you before, but now I owe an apology. However, having now been enlightened by your ability to tell the truth, I have an expectation. You already proved yourself to be someone who's honest and correct when it comes to spreading information from reliable sources. For that, I'm willing to not dismiss the new rumor about DLC. However, taking the responsibility for this is a huge undertaking; one that could hurt your already established credibility.

Just take this as a warning. You were right before. You've gained people's trust. Now if you're wrong, you will lose some of it again. Believe me, I don't want to lose confidence in anybody. Having doubted the "true leakers" before was enough as it is.
Don't blame chronobound, he did nothing. He's just spreading what Tfox is saying. If anything, it will be Tfox's fault if this is wrong. Chonobound is only a human, y'know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom