• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

:034:

Smash Hero
If ChronoBound says the source is reliable, I believe him. Hell, he told us all his sources about the roster were good and that turned out to be true.

*thumbs up* Mewtwo and Roy are good reasons to delay the game. Thank you, Sakurai!

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping this is true.
This would make the delays worth it but then again it seems very untrue.
The whole roster line up and everything.
Right now I'm not sure what to think but I think I'm better off not getting my hopes up.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Please people don't believe this totally. I am currently waiting on GDC this week to see if there is going to be any DLC for Brawl. If no mention is made, I am going to re-ask my source and ask him if he is lying, and he fails to provide any proof about Roy and Mewtwo, then I am going to disregard anything he said to begin with and make a topic on both SmashBoards and GameFAQs, telling everyone that I am sorry for letting people believe in DLC for Brawl.

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
If we lose 2 characters to gain 2 characters I will be mad. I really like the new roster. I never used Roy or Mewtwo. :(

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
This sounds very possible, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more that were only in the American version, but I don't know about DLC.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Taking this with a grain of salt, but it would be pretty cool if it were true. Roy was my favorite character in Melee, and even though I'll be playing Ike in Brawl I'd enjoy still being able to play Roy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Did everyone ignore my post, well here it is again:

Please people don't believe this totally. I am currently waiting on GDC this week to see if there is going to be any DLC for Brawl. If no mention is made, I am going to re-ask my source and ask him if he is lying, and he fails to provide any proof about Roy and Mewtwo, then I am going to disregard anything he said to begin with and make a topic on both SmashBoards and GameFAQs, telling everyone that I am sorry for letting people believe in DLC for Brawl.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
There's also the downloadable characters thing for the JP version. Are downloadable characters even possible? Does the Wii even have enough memory to store all the data that even a single downloadable character would entail?
Have you been paying attention lately? I'm 99% sure the data rip of the disc showed that each character is ~30mb. The Wii has 512 MB of memory. So yes, it's possible... especially when a character (such as Mewtwo or Roy) already HAVE THEIR DATA ON THE DISC (or at least some data).

So, regardless of whether or not the source is true, downloadable content is definitley possible - when it comes to space, anyways.

Also, why do you people keep saying things like "oh no I don't want to lose lucario and marth!!!1"? If they added two characters, they wouldn't just randomly take two away.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
very very interesting... perhaps they would be downloadable in the U.S. version
They are not downloads. Mewtwo and Roy will be fully coded if my source is to believed. They would be like pretty much any other unlockable character.

However, like I said earlier, I am waiting til the two speeches at GDC before calling this fact or fiction.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
Hmm .. I don't think, that this is really possible ..
How to play online with someone, who hasn't got mewtwo or roy ??
Imagine, how stupid this is ;) ^^

EPX2

Smash Ace
Pleasant rumor for once, but I'm just going to do what I usually do: not believe it. :p I'd love for it to happen, but I'll remain skeptical for now.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Imagine, how stupid this is ^^
I someone has what would be unsupported data on someone else's game, couldn't the two games just simply not connect and search for different players?

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Did everyone ignore my post, well here it is again:

No, we all just have a hefty amount of skepticism already, so we don't need you to tell us that it is not true. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Besides, it does make sense for Roy and Mewtwo to be in the US version, while being downloads in the Japanese version. Japan hates the GBA Fire Emblems while the US loves them, and Mewtwo is more popular in the US than in Japan, where Lucario took that spot. If we do get Mewtwo, then I would also expect Dr. Mario and Toon Zelda/Tetra at some point also to balance out the big three.

I'm really expecting this all to be fake, though.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Even if Sakurai mentions nothing about it at the GDC event, I'm not sure the rumor about DLC will just go away. Nintendo has always been very secretive about thier games and whatever plans they have for them. So for some, no news is good news.
While I'm trying not getting my hopes up (the fact that it's only Roy and Mewtwo helps), it's possible that Nintendo wouldn't unveil this info till just before release. At the same time, however, it's possible they could just not say anything because there's nothing to say either.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
dude I so so so hope its true, so I'm going to believe it. Even if its not, I'd rather live in false hope.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
chronobound i'm hearing you, IT'S JUST A RUMOR PEOPLE!

the fact is you have alot of "backing" now since you compiled the brawl roster, so be careful talking about rumors without big warnings saying it is just a rumor cause people are going to hang on your every word.

anyway, i think it's possible i'm not going to count on it tho.

The ONLY reason i am even watching this rumor is the fact that chronobound found it and the guy who told him has leaked stuff in the past, it seems old leakers have been reliable for brawl so far.

but if chronobound is ify on the rumor then i'm just gonna wait it out and not get my hopes up.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
Ah, sounds good. I just hope that their FS's aren't copies of Marth's and Lucario's. =/

Edit: Looking at the post above mine, what if Lucario and Marth are exclusive to Japan, but Mewtwo and Roy are exclusive to the U.S. version? I guess if the two that are missing will end up being DLC, it's okay, but… Just throwing that out there.
Marth was already revealed on the dojo, but anyway this could be true. I was just wondering can anyone tell me what is DLC?

courte

Smash Lord
people are very funny with their comments... where could there be any room, who would they take out... so very pessismistic... IF such characters were to be added, i doubt it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes to come up with a solution for the roster's reorganization

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
THIS IS FAAAAAAKKKKE

IGN SAID THAT THEY HAVE THE US VERSION OF THE GAME (in podcast wiik in review 30:50 feb 15th)

AND IT'S... "IDENTICAL"

It's time to move on, we have our roster. get over it and...

END THE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!
/THREADOVER

-Ran

Smash Master
The main question I believe to ask yourself is...

If they had Downloadable Content, why didn't they release the game ASAP in America, and use the two as a proof of concept download? The game is already going to sell, already has tons of reserves, and adding in two niche players when a DC scheme potentially exists, doesn't seem like a serious reason for a company to delay their product. I don't see true marketing potential in the addition of two new characters in a game that is already going to be a triple A title.

Even still, if it could be downloaded, why not do that? The game would be in the hands of everyone by now, and then they could make a quick few dollars from digital downloads, or they could release them as free downloads in a few months, to rehype the game.

You have to remember, from a business stand point, they want to make money. They have investments to payback, and so delaying the game for two minor character prospects, doesn't seem like a viable method, especially if there is no Downloadable content, because then Japan would be rather peeved. =X

Rakath

Smash Ace
Pro to this rumor:
- The junk data rip of the game disk.
- Our hopes and dreams.
- That the Wii is Wi-Fi enabled and that this isn't technically impossible.
- We've had a few rumors show up along these lines in the past month.
- The "Over 40 reasons" line on the Yahoo coverage site, on regards to characters.

Cons to the rumor:
- IGN having the English game (supposedly), however they could suck at unlocking Super Special Secret Awesome characters.
- Not wanting our hopes and dreams crushed, so not having any.
- No actual proof offered in any of these rumors.

Right now, I'm not choosing to believe, but it is an interesting idea none the less. Also the idea that only Japan is using it as DLC is possibly to test the waters on if people wish to Download cast or not.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Imagine, how stupid this is ^^
I someone has what would be unsupported data on someone else's game, couldn't the two games just simply not connect and search for different players?

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
If one more person says "profits," I swear to Master Hand I'll find you and smash your keyboard into a thousand tiny pieces. It's "prophets," kids. Profit means financial gain.

On-topic: It'd be nice, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I fully expect this rumor to be only a rumor.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I sent tFox (my source) another e-mail bringing up all the points in this topic. Hoepfully, he will respond to it ASAP.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Just to be Prophet's advocate, but all the vids IGN has been uploading have Japanese voice samples in the voices with divergence, to my knowlege.

IE Pit has the "AYIYIYIYIYIYIYI" mating call instead of the "HWAIYIYIYA!" of US

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
If this is true, then wouldn't the people who have the Japanese version have already "donwloaded" Mewtwo and Roy? Eh?

I wont be darned to fall for this undeniably fake mock!

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
somebody mentioned earlier in the topic that IGN's copy could be slightly different from the true final copy. That, or like another somebody said, they could just suck at getting Roy and Mewtwo

I'm gonna cross my fingers, but I don't expect much. BTW. when does Sakurai give his speech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom