• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rough Frame Data

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
ok, so I put this here just in case anyone wants to check it and doesn't know it's in the gameplay thread.
I filmed my gamepad screen at 59.95fps and counted frames. not very reliable. i know.
many items may be off by one or two frames due to miscounting or a bad method.

totals/landing lag calculated without hitlag, holding shield input and counting first frame of move to the frame before i see shield or 4 frames before i see ness' intangibility from airdodge.
hits counted with hitlag.
Jump
In air on: 6

Shield
Shield up: 1
Shield drop lag: 6

Airdodge
Total: 34
Invincible: 4-30
Landing Lag: 23

Jab
Total: 44
Hits: 3, 13, 26

Ftilt
Total: 35
Hits: 7

Dtilt
Total: 14
Hits: 3

Utilt
Total: 32
Hits: 8 nope its 7

Fsmash
Total: 54
Hits: 21

Usmash
Total: 55
Hits
--In Front, first hits: 9
--In Front, perfect spacing: 13
--Behind, first hits: 6
--Behind, perfect spacing: 26

Dsmash
Total: 47
Hits
--Behind, first hits: 10
--Behind, perfect spacing: 13
--In Front, first hits: 22
--In Front, perfect spacing: 31

Nair
Total: 35
Hits: 5
Landing Lag: 19

Fair
Total: 39
Hits: 8, 17, 26, 32 (there is a constant hitbox)
PSI Circle disappears frame 45 (with hitlag) or frame 23 (without hitlag)
oops i didn't do landing lag

Dair
Total: 59
Hits: 20
Landing Lag: 29

Uair
Total: 43
Hits:
--Behind: 8
--In Front: 11 (the hitbox MAY extend to 12 or even 13 frames)
Landing Lag: 15

Bair
Total: 37
Hits: 10
Landing Lag: 17

PSI Magnet
Aerial

--Total (shortest down-B, aerial): 47
--Magnet first appears: 10
Grounded
--Total: 22
--Magnet first appears: 11

PK Flash
Shortest

--Total: 60
--Hits: 44
Longest
--Total: 178
--Hits: 162

PK Fire
Total

--Fire: 100 (this is the duration of the flame pillar)
--Animation: 59
Bolt first comes out: 21
Landing Lag: 30

PK Thunder 1
Ending lag: 40

PK Thunder 2
Total: 61 (Hit to Helpless)

Grab first hits are calculated when i first see an animation change in the victim during the grab.

Grab
Total: 33
Grabs: 6

Dash Grab
Total: 41
Grabs: 8

Pivot Grab (THIS THING HAS HUGE RANGE)
Total: 41
Grabs: 10

Roll (Both)
Total: 30
Intangibility: 4-23

Spotdodge
Total: 27
Intangibility: 3-20

Ledge Attack
Total: 58
Intangibility: 2-20

Ledge Jump
Total: 15
Intangibility: 2-12

Ledge Roll
Total: 49
Intangibility: 2-24

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
I said it last time but thanks again for doing this. This is awesome.

I suppose important frame data to memorize would be jab frame 4, nair frame 5, fair frame 9, uair frame 10 and dash grab frame 7.

Wow does dair really hit on frame 10? It feels a lot slower than are other aerials but I suppose that's all end lag. How did you test uair's hitbox? I'm pretty sure that it hits earlier behind him then directly on top of him or in front of him.

And something else to test would be on what frame does bair sourspot.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
and dash grab appears to be frame 8 now that i looked at it. there's a really subtle change in animation i missed.
i should explain btw. i count first hits on grab when i first see the opponent's animation change in response to the grab.
How did you test uair's hitbox? I'm pretty sure that it hits earlier behind him then directly on top of him or in front of him.
uuhhh.... oops...
EDIT: updated grabs and Uair.
Unfortunately it's going to be really hard for me to find which frame Bair turns into a sourspot. i'll try if i have lots of time.
EDIT: updated Fair
i just noticed pivot grab has really weird range.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
nah :| immediately after you said Fair, Jab and Dash Grab and found i counted a frame off all 3. :(

Last edited:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Where is Normal Ledge Getup? All I see are Attack/Jump/Roll.

Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Would be awesome to see gif images of this frame data, as well as the hitboxes. Hopefully in time, though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Some stuff:
  • Shield drop is 7f and airdodge landing lag is 22f universally.
  • Landing lag for aerials: 18f nair; 26f fair; 17f bair; 14f uair; 28f dair
  • We've actually had a data dump available for some weeks now. There's no mention of what frame attacks end on in it, but you can use it to verify what frame attacks start on, active duration, etc.
That all said, great stuff. I'm sure many people appreciate having frame data in an easy-to-read format like this, and I personally love seeing data for non-attack actions like rolls and ledge options for once.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Some stuff:
  • Shield drop is 7f and airdodge landing lag is 22f universally.
  • Landing lag for aerials: 18f nair; 26f fair; 17f bair; 14f uair; 28f dair
  • We've actually had a data dump available for some weeks now. There's no mention of what frame attacks end on in it, but you can use it to verify what frame attacks start on, active duration, etc.
That all said, great stuff. I'm sure many people appreciate having frame data in an easy-to-read format like this, and I personally love seeing data for non-attack actions like rolls and ledge options for once.
That aerial landing data is really useful. Pretty surprised to see that uair is the safest to land with, and how bad fair has become as a landing tool >_>

Funny, cuz in the past landing with this move was all that. Fair someone landing, get 2 sparks in, then grab them, or something like that. Now you don't want to be caught dead landing with fair, at least without landing the final hit.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yeah, the hitstun of the first few hits of fair does NOT keep your opponent stunned long enough for you to do anything anymore sadly. Even dtilt. I've been there too >.<

Btw @ PKBeam PKBeam , I just noticed you add me on Wii U yesterday. Accepted :p

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
so according to that data dump, the DTilt has approximately a 1/4 chance to trip. Pretty cool.

Wonder if we ever got the data for DTilt in brawl.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Wait really? I honestly had a difficult time understanding the tripping formula, but as far as I have tested, dtilt trips more as % increases.

Noa.

Smash Master
I didn't know that dtilt has a better chance at tripping at higher percents. That could make it useful.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
@ Noa. Noa.
I realize we have a frame data thread in our directory, but that thing is irritating to decipher at times, and feels incomplete in some places. I think this frame data thread is much more comprehensive, and many times I have used it for reference and convenience. Think we could add this too?

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
oh god this thread has been dead for moooonths...

i realised utilt is one frame off ;_;
i have checked the startup against the actual ripped data and they're all the same bar utilt, which i have corrected. the Usmash and Dsmash data compared to the rip was perfect, which i'm kinda proud of, seeing as i had to count hitlag frames.

if you have to use this thread i'd only use it for the IASA frames.

i also simplified the other frame data thread into an easily accessible format, you can use that too.

this is also wii U 1.0.2 frame data, which is not necessarily correct.
i might do 1.0.7 data in the future.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
oh god this thread has been dead for moooonths...

i realised utilt is one frame off ;_;
i have checked the startup against the actual ripped data and they're all the same bar utilt, which i have corrected. the Usmash and Dsmash data compared to the rip was perfect, which i'm kinda proud of, seeing as i had to count hitlag frames.

if you have to use this thread i'd only use it for the IASA frames.

i also simplified the other frame data thread into an easily accessible format, you can use that too.

this is also wii U 1.0.2 frame data, which is not necessarily correct.
i might do 1.0.7 data in the future.
As far as I know, the only frames that were changed for Ness were on the recovery time for his PKT.
Still, I just like how you formatted this, even if it was from a while back.

And where is this simplified data that you speak of?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i made a post in the other frame data thread where I converted the data into a easy to read format.

Noa.

Smash Master
This thread has less information than the other thread.

But it's easier to read.

@ PKBeam PKBeam would you mind making a new thread that has all the information in the other thread, but formatted in a more readable format? You already made that post in the other frame data thread. If you added the total amount of frames that each move lasts that you found in this thread that would be awesome.

I just want a nice frame data thread haha. I would make it myself if you want, but if you did the work for the frame data perhaps you would like to own the thread yourself. :)

Top Bottom