• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Roy

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Roy

Note: This thread is referring to the Fire Emblem character, Roy. If you're looking for Roy Koopa, he is a palette swap for Bowser Jr., whose match-up discussion thread can be found here.

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Roy match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Roy. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Roy does not have any custom special moves. However, he can still face fighters who do have custom special moves to use. As a result, if Rosalina is using her custom special moves against Roy, the match should be treated as a "Default + Custom" scenario.

Last Updated: 4/17/2016
Special Moves Allowed| | :4feroy:
Default only | :rosalina: | -0.5 - ±0
Default + Custom | :rosalina: | N/A
Default only
Gidy: -1 - ±0
NEKO': -2
Pumpkin Spice: +1
Serew: ±0

Default + Custom

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
You really put a note for Roy koopa lmao.

I cant add much right now, but Ill try to say a bit.

Roy has a lot of moves that can knock luma away when it has no health taken. This includes dash attack, green dancing blade, fair, bair, tilts, and smashes. Roys sword being disjointed helps him get in a bit better because he can challenge Luma. However I feel like Roy is a character that struggles getting in in the first place against zone-type characters because he has to be commited to almost everything he does.

Since day 1 Roy has been no pushover when it comes to KO potential and Rosalina being light helps him alot. One fsmash at ledge when shes at mid percent and she is gone. His ftilt and utilt can kill below triple digit percents as well, and fair and bair can kill REALLY well too, esp since there is no hitbox on Rosalumas recovery.

One big benefit from Rosaluma is edgeguarding. Edgeguarding Roy isnt going to be hard with luma offstage and dair. Even a dsmash from luma in the air can take Roy out because of his somewhat predictable recovery.

This MU is probably 5050 or 55 45 Roys favor just because of how early he kills and all the things he can do to get Luma offstage to die.

Last edited:

NEKO'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moaksey
i feel like in this matchup, it's better for rosa to stay untethered from luma so roy has to deal with the luma instead of him randomly jumping at you killing it.
when he's forced to combat luma's jabs or anything you make it do you have the possibility to punish dashing in.

as for the matchup itself, i believe it is in roy's favour since he kills luma way fast and kills rosa either at 55% from the ledge or with an early usmash.
Roy's fair and nair is a huge thing to deal with aswell.
The one big thing rosa has over roy is the edgeguarding since roy's got a really predictable recovery and is easy to spike with a dair.

if i'd have to say it's about -2 for rosa i think.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
i feel like in this matchup, it's better for rosa to stay untethered from luma so roy has to deal with the luma instead of him randomly jumping at you killing it.
when he's forced to combat luma's jabs or anything you make it do you have the possibility to punish dashing in.

as for the matchup itself, i believe it is in roy's favour since he kills luma way fast and kills rosa either at 55% from the ledge or with an early usmash.
Roy's fair and nair is a huge thing to deal with aswell.
The one big thing rosa has over roy is the edgeguarding since roy's got a really predictable recovery and is easy to spike with a dair.

if i'd have to say it's about -2 for rosa i think.
With a score of -2, you are saying Roy is harder to deal with than Meta Knight, Shiek and Pikachu which I'm sure you realise how ridiculous that is.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
With a score of -2, you are saying Roy is harder to deal with than Meta Knight, Shiek and Pikachu which I'm sure you realise how ridiculous that is.
I think Shiek is that hardest to deal with, same with Pikachu,ZSS and Meta Knight.

Pumpkin Spice

Smash Rookie
This Match-up is definitely in Rosalina's favor.

Rosalina can zone him out well enough for him to not get in. Her Jab, N-air, and LL B-air can help zone him out. Due to his weight, she can combo him with U-throw and B-throw at most percents. If Roy does get in, he can instantly get rid of Luma using F-Tilt, F-Smash, D-Smash, and Dash Attack. Rosalina generally outspaces Roy and more of her moves are safe. Roy can combo her with D-Throw at most percents as well, less on Rosalina due to her floatiness. His insane kill power will be a great part in this MU, he can kill her at early percents especially with rage. F-Smash, U-Smash, and Blazer are great kill options. Blazer oos is great against Rosalina due to it killing at a good percent and getting rid of Luma. In the air, Rosalina wins. Her U-air is very disjointed and strong and is very hard to beat. It kills very early up top and may be a problem for Roy. Rosalina's D-air does let her land due to it beating most anti-airs. It can also kill. Rosalina's main kill options are U-Smash, F-Smash, U-air, Luma Gentleman, and D-air. U-air and U-Smash will catch his landings and F-Smash would be a great punish. Luma Gentleman could be good pressure. Offstage, I personally think that it's equal. Rosalina doesn't have a hitbox on her recovery making her open to attacks. Roy can get a kill or a spike. A smart Rosalina will mix it up and learn to recover over the ledge and use desynced Luma Jab to cover her. She can gimp Roy as well but much like her, Roy can mix up his recovery too

Stages, I think they both equally like Battlefield like stages. Never pick Halberd against Rosalina for obvious reasons. Same with Delfino if it's still used. I personally hate Duck Hunt and Final Destination as Rosalina. I actually just hate Duck Hunt in general.

In the end I think it's a +1 for us Rosalinas.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Roy is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

Serew

Smash Apprentice
@Peeko&Luma and i have been discussing and labbing the MU today (And we've played it alot before).
It needs a little bit of finishing before completely done and it's late, but i'll leave the work here tomorrow! :)

Top Bottom