• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Best Luigi LV

TheHartChip

Smash Rookie
I am new to smashboards (not to mention the competitive scene) and have been lurking for a week or two. I live in Las Vegas and I can't remember who but this guy said he is the best Luigi in Las Vegas so I was wondering if you all had any advice in Luigi dittos.

Flurb18

Smash Cadet
As with any dittos, there isn't any real tech you can use that your opponent can't - its the same character. What you want to do is observe their luigi and/or their flaws - poor ground play, wavedash when a jump or shield would be better (a lot of luigis have this problem). Play luigi's strength to their flaws - hit those fairs all the time, and remember what his weaknesses are.

Source: One of my training partners also plays weegee

TheHartChip

Smash Rookie
lol My first tourney was the day after I learned to L cancel, wave dash, or even found out that melee was still a thing. I am happy to say I wasn't 4 stocked. And I have always played luigi I liked how many options he has.

Last edited:

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
To be the best Luigi in Las Vegas isn't to beat the guy who currently calls himself the best in a ditto. To be the best is to put in the most effort to improve and beat everybody around you. Nobody cares if you've beaten someone in a Luigi ditto, quite possibly the jankiest and silliest of all dittos, when they're outplacing you in tournament. Your Smash career is young; focus on improving the other, more important aspects of the game before you try to claim the spot in a ditto. The journey is long and hard, but don't worry, we're all still on it. Good luck kid.

TheHartChip

Smash Rookie
Oh I know that but there are already threads on the other characters I wanted to ask about so I figured I might as well also ask about dittos.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
in dittos dont get greedy. If you want to combo aerial to aerial, make sure the second one is fully spaced or luigi will nair out, and the exhange you won previously now means nothing. dthrow + aerial luigi, or bthrow him off stage and edgeguard accordingly.

Top Bottom