• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Considering going to this. Like I said on the FB event page I'd need PM Singles to be $10 though. Not that I need money or anything but driving 11 hours for a side event is a no-go just on principle. Any guesses on expected turnout for PM? Would love to see dubs too.

Like Tech_Chase, Xatic, and I have been saying throughout the previous pages, there is no way we would be able to run a full tourney for Brawl and Project M at this when the venue closes at 11pm making doubles not an option. The sheer amount of crossover would put the main event in jeopardy.

Project M was added to this event as a side event so that is the key thing here. A price rise on the is certainly an option, but that is something that needs to be discussed by the staff.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I looked through the past like 3 pages and all I saw was some crew battle hype and Roller posting jokes about people. Haha. Well I might still come if Singles is bumped up to $10 but it depends on expected turnout. Might just stay home or hang out in Chicago instead. I'd love to see the Michigan peeps again tho.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Tech chase said it was up to Xatic and Xatic was okay with it being $10 so...

All of you ******* saying maybe if it's raised need to show otherwise keep your mod as a crappy side event

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm traveling 12 hrs for this if I go stahp being unnecessarily confrontational.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Double post BOOM

Anyone going from lansing/east lansing to this?? I believe my ride has gone away :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah uh I got slammed with court fees today ($400) that I didn't expect at all so I literally can't make this. Dip. Sorry for making a fuss about PM's entry fee and doubles and then not going but I was actually planning on going until today.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
$5 fee since both the people ******** about their side event aren't coming anyways, maybe more brawl players will fill the pot then

Dopey

Smash Lord
Ill team for brawl zyth :) the last brawl tourny I went to was the MW championship and me and tink won it dbl wario :D

SoulPech

Smash Master
I went from confirmed to possibly confirmed.

This weather scare is the only thing holding me back from going.

We'll see if the Earth ends tomorrow.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Went from 100% to 50/50 right now rides ain't lookin good and I think I'd rather sleep off the 60 hour work week :/

Xatic

Smash Lord
Copied/Pasted from FB

Schedule:
10am Doors Open
11am Doubles Start
1:30pm Project M Singles Begin
2:30pm Brawl Singles Pools Wave 1
4:00pm Brawl Singles Pools Wave 2
6:00 Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
11pm Venue Closes

No the start-time for doubles is NOT a typo. We WILL be starting doubles at 11am. We do not have access to the auditorium we've been using in the past, so we legitimately HAVE to be out of there at 11pm. No questions asked.

In sight of this, I'm reminding everyone of these rules for your tournament sets. If you are 5 minutes late to your match you will lose the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you will lose the set. No sympathy. If you cannot find your opponent, let us know ASAP so we can act accordingly. Not letting us know means that we cannot take proper action because we were not aware.

We'd like the make this an enjoyable event for both you guys and ourselves so please make an effort to be at the venue BEFORE 11am if you want to enter Brawl Doubles. Tech_Chase and FishFlop would much appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks Bros -- See you Tomorrow

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Pierpont notified me that the venue closes at 10:30pm this time, not 11pm.

Scott and/or Derek, I still need the money...

Dplasterer

Smash Rookie
What kind of food will be there and how much will that cost roughly? Just trying to find out how much money to bring

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Panda Express is the best at the venue option for food imo. 2 Meats and a side (it fills you up too) is less than $9 iirc.

LOE1

Smash Lord
yeaaaaaaa I kinda highly doubt we'll be out by 11 lol, just sayin

:wario:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Top 5 gonna be:
1. MJG
2. Kain
3. DLA/Sago
4. DLA/Sago
5. Zeton