• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising up-air

Spooky Ghost

Smash Rookie
A pretty standard peach combo I often see pro peaches do on fast fallers is a rising full hop up air into a floating up air at the top of the jump. The only way I've been able to execute this combo in 20xx is by tap jumping then hitting a or c-stick up. Using X to jump doesn't seem to work because trying to get to the C-stick fast enough causes me to short hop and trying to hit a requires me to also push up on the control stick, often making me use my double jump. Tap jumping works but makes it makes chasing DI a lot harder. How do you guys do it? Also, do you know the set ups and percentages at which it works? I only know of sweet spotted Dash attack on Fox at ~50%. Thanks!

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Try switching to claw style where your second finger is on Y and thumb uses the C stick as normal. I switch to claw whenever i'm going for Uair combos or when I up throw a fast faller onto a platform and react to a roll or tech. It feels much easier to react to DI this way.

Top Bottom