• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution xml and files for PM 3.5

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I might late on this but thanks for the unofficial patch! It's been great using it for months. Hopefully, someone could do an unofficial patch for 3.5.
You can use this same patch for 3.5 as well, as I got it to work with my custom build. Just replace the 3.02 files with the 3.5 files and you're set!

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
What's more, using the default GCT (file replacement, etc) doesn't seem to crash Riivolution for me anymore; not sure if that's a change in the GCT or Riivo or my personal setup; if anyone is just crashing outright instead of booting when my 3.02 worked fine for you, let me know and I'll bother stripping those codes from the GCT.

As it is, a few of the sound files got changed and Riivo can't use the "#.sawnd" files unless I missed something in my absence, so I'll be updating that shortly.

Edit: Updated the links in the first post.
Noticed they reverted the thing where online/offline files are both in the same download, so I'm including both versions of mu_menumain and common5 in the download again.

Last edited:

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Hi there......and thank you so much for your contributions. Everything seems to be functional except some of the Custom Menu stuff like for instance:

1. The main menu with "Brawl" "Options" "Data" and etc... looks like Brawl's with the white screen

2. Some of the menu selections are still the same like "Angled" in Special brawl is still there instead of "Allstar".....forgot to check to see if the new mode is functional

everything else is there.......stage select and character select background is 3.5 so i'm a bit confused with what got affected and what didn't. I followed the directions you put up unless this is a real obstacle of the transition or I made a mistake.

Edit: yeah everything is functional except aesthetic stuff like the main menu

Edit2: I'm guessing it has to do with what you said here:

Edit: Updated the links in the first post.
Noticed they reverted the thing where online/offline files are both in the same download, so I'm including both versions of mu_menumain and common5 in the download again.
I also just noticed the lack of "full" or "wifi" folder like before. Does that mean we have to make a fresh one or do I just replace the regular "mu_menumain" and "common5" inside the "pf" folder with "ONLINE" or "OFFLINE"? (wouldn't that mean we can no longer switch from ofline to wifi on the fly like we could with 3.02?)

Edit3: HA! FIXED IT

I went into the "Brawl.xml" inside the "riivolution" folder by right clicking on "Brawl.xml" and pressing "Edit" or just opening it in the notepad and I noticed this:

<file external="/projectm/pf/info2/{$onoff}mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>

well....I switched it to this:

<file external="/projectm/pf/menu2/{$onoff}mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>

I'm surprised I got that.............I'm not even experienced

Last edited:

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
Hi there......and thank you so much for your contributions. Everything seems to be functional except some of the Custom Menu stuff like for instance:

1. The main menu with "Brawl" "Options" "Data" and etc... looks like Brawl's with the white screen

2. Some of the menu selections are still the same like "Angled" in Special brawl is still there instead of "Allstar".....forgot to check to see if the new mode is functional

everything else is there.......stage select and character select background is 3.5 so i'm a bit confused with what got affected and what didn't. I followed the directions you put up unless this is a real obstacle of the transition or I made a mistake.

Edit: yeah everything is functional except aesthetic stuff like the main menu

Edit2: I'm guessing it has to do with what you said here:

I also just noticed the lack of "full" or "wifi" folder like before. Does that mean we have to make a fresh one or do I just replace the regular "mu_menumain" and "common5" inside the "pf" folder with "ONLINE" or "OFFLINE"? (wouldn't that mean we can no longer switch from ofline to wifi on the fly like we could with 3.02?)

Edit3: HA! FIXED IT

I went into the "Brawl.xml" inside the "riivolution" folder by right clicking on "Brawl.xml" and pressing "Edit" or just opening it in the notepad and I noticed this:

<file external="/projectm/pf/info2/{$onoff}mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>

well....I switched it to this:

<file external="/projectm/pf/menu2/{$onoff}mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>

I'm surprised I got that.............I'm not even experienced
I was just about to ask something similar right now. I'll thank you later when I try this out and see if it works.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to ask something similar right now. I'll thank you later when I try this out and see if it works.
yes.....if you have the same problem as me and you've played the official launcher version then you'll notice in the Riivolution version that the main menu is still white like Brawl........and the "Brawl" vs mode selection says "Brawl" instead of "FIGHT" like PM3.5, Special Brawl still doesn't show the new PM3.5 mode names (but still functional where they are supposed to be) and the rules are still like brawl's yet if you open them from within Character select they are PM3.5's along with everything else including character select and stage select.

You don't have to move around any of the files you shoved in.........just open the brawl.xml and change the "info2" in <file external="/projectm/pf/info2/{$onoff}mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>

to "menu2".

I don't understand this programming/hacking stuff but if I had to take a guess, it's that Riivolution isn't able to find the mu_menumain.pac so that's why the PM3.5 menu stuff isn't implemented

Last edited:

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
yes.....if you have the same problem as me and you've played the official launcher version then you'll notice in the Riivolution version that the main menu is still white like Brawl........and the "Brawl" vs mode selection says "Brawl" instead of "FIGHT" like PM3.5, Special Brawl still doesn't show the new PM3.5 mode names (but still functional where they are supposed to be) and the rules are still like brawl's yet if you open them from within Character select they are PM3.5's along with everything else including character select and stage select.

You don't have to move around any of the files you shoved in.........just open the brawl.xml and change the "info2" in <file external="/projectm/pf/info2/{$onoff}mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac"/>

to "menu2".

I don't understand this programming/hacking stuff but if I had to take a guess, it's that Riivolution isn't able to find the mu_menumain.pac so that's why the PM3.5 menu stuff isn't implemented
Yeah, I had the exact same issue. Thanks, dude. Your mind is on the right track, I'm pretty sure that's what was happening.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't be me if I didn't make some stupid error updating it.
Fixed that in the downloads. xd

Gridelin

Smash Rookie
Although I personally play on Dolphin/Netplay, a lot of my friends play on their actual wiis for wi-fi and feasibility. As the one who is usually getting the new updates of P:M for them, thank you for making this so they can run both the online build when playing over wifi and the offline build during a local event (on the same SD card)!

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Not necessary at all; you're probably better off just using the official launcher if you don't know exactly why you'd want it running in Riivolution.
(and sorry for the lateness)

Shadowtheoriginalone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadoAnnaru
3DS FC
4528-3417-2533
Switch FC
SW 4317 5992 9594
Can we get a smashbros_sound.brsar update?

I feel like I'm the only one here now. I am sad and lonely.

Top Bottom