• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
I just managed to get texture hacks working on Gecko OS, and im getting told music hacks will only work on Riivolution for a PAL brawl.

1. how do I use codes on riivolution?

2. Am i suposed to use the "Brawl File Replacement tool" with Riivolution?

3. how do i save codes as a GCT file?

4. will menu hacks work in riivolution

5. can someone link to to a cheat list FOR PAL

GebeCluck23

Smash Rookie
Someone help

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this has been aggravating me for a while now, and I'm getting tired of it. After all, this is a Q&A for Riivolution and I do have a question...

Okay, I've been using Gecko for a while now for my Brawl Hacks, and it's working great, but for obvious reasons, I want to completely switch over to Riivolution. I've already been using Riivolution and Gecko for different reasons; to be specific, I used Riivolution for custom sound effects, and Gecko for PW's Stage Expansion. Which brings me to my question, I just can't get PW's code to work with Riivolution for some reason, even though it works fine with Gecko. Now, the first thing you're probably going to say is, "Oh, Riivolution doesn't normally support Ocarina codes, but there is a way by using codehandler.bin to defy this." But, the interesting this is, I don't think it's the code itself, because I can see the Custom SSS, I actually see the extra stages when I'm selecting stages, however, when I try to select it, it just never loads. To save time for both of us, here's how my directories are set up:

\riivolution\config\RSBE.xml
\riivolution\codehandler.bin
\riivolution\modlauncher.xml

\brawlmods\textures\fighter\ect.
\brawlmods\stages\(All stages and .rel's are in this directory)

\brawlmods\custom1\fighter\(all the characters)
\brawlmods\custom1\menu2\ect.
\brawlmods\custom1\module\st_custom01-0F.rel (also copies of the .rel's in "\brawlmods\stages\")
\brawlmods\custom1\stage\STGCUSTOM01-0F.pac (also copies of the stages in "\brawlmods\stages\")
\brawlmods\custom1\RSBE01.gct (Which seems to work, but it's as if it can't find the custom levels...)

Also, I forgot to mention, I got the .xml's from here: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=144811

Help would be appreciated, because I'm trying to clear space on my SD Card and right now I have copies of everything in my brawlmods directory, and my private\wii\app\ect. directory.
Thanks in advance!;)

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this has been aggravating me for a while now, and I'm getting tired of it. After all, this is a Q&A for Riivolution and I do have a question...

Okay, I've been using Gecko for a while now for my Brawl Hacks, and it's working great, but for obvious reasons, I want to completely switch over to Riivolution. I've already been using Riivolution and Gecko for different reasons; to be specific, I used Riivolution for custom sound effects, and Gecko for PW's Stage Expansion. Which brings me to my question, I just can't get PW's code to work with Riivolution for some reason, even though it works fine with Gecko. Now, the first thing you're probably going to say is, "Oh, Riivolution doesn't normally support Ocarina codes, but there is a way by using codehandler.bin to defy this." But, the interesting this is, I don't think it's the code itself, because I can see the Custom SSS, I actually see the extra stages when I'm selecting stages, however, when I try to select it, it just never loads. To save time for both of us, here's how my directories are set up:

\riivolution\config\RSBE.xml
\riivolution\codehandler.bin
\riivolution\modlauncher.xml

\brawlmods\textures\fighter\ect.
\brawlmods\stages\(All stages and .rel's are in this directory)

\brawlmods\custom1\fighter\(all the characters)
\brawlmods\custom1\menu2\ect.
\brawlmods\custom1\module\st_custom01-0F.rel (also copies of the .rel's in "\brawlmods\stages\")
\brawlmods\custom1\stage\STGCUSTOM01-0F.pac (also copies of the stages in "\brawlmods\stages\")
\brawlmods\custom1\RSBE01.gct (Which seems to work, but it's as if it can't find the custom levels...)

Also, I forgot to mention, I got the .xml's from here: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=144811

Help would be appreciated, because I'm trying to clear space on my SD Card and right now I have copies of everything in my brawlmods directory, and my private\wii\app\ect. directory.
Thanks in advance!;)
look at the first post. there is a more recent modlauncher (still outdated though) with instructions

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Can someone please help me? Im using Riivolution 1.04 atm and the hacks and all works great, but I cant save anything on my SD card, and if I pull out my SD card and reinserted it, the music in the game stops and after a while, the game just freezes >.>

Any ways to fix this problem?

I want to save my replays on my SD card, since I only have 42 blocks left on my wii (have no idea why I have no blocks, any ways to gain more blocks?)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
How many screenshots have you taken in Brawl and saved on your Wii ? This is what takes most of the blocks on the Wii.

GebeCluck23

Smash Rookie
look at the first post. there is a more recent modlauncher (still outdated though) with instructions
Okay, I went to the first post and got "Bionic's Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5 for Riivolution," and then I put the .xml file into the :\riivolution folder, just like it said, ran the game, and when I went to select one of PW's custom stages, it just froze. Sorry to bother you about this, but I just want...to get it...working! :facepalm: Bah, if worse comes to worse, I'll just forget about the extra stages and put all my stages over brawl's, but still, I'd like to at least know what I'm doing wrong...

Oh yeah, and there's still one thing I don't understand about the file placement, it says that character textures go in ":\Brawlmods\textures\fighter\.ect" but, it also says that they go in, for example, ":\Brawlmods\custom1\fighter\.ect," I've been using custom1 because that where I put PW's .gct, (I know how to make codes, and the code itself seems to be fine) but so far I've been putting character and stage hacks in the textures/stages files, and also copying them into the custom1\fighter/stages files. This has worked fine, but it hardly seems necessary, which is why I wonder if I did something wrong.

Okay, to make another point, *ahem,* I don't want to be the patient that prescribes himself a drug, but what I've gathered is that Riivolution doesn't know where to find the custom stages themselves, (which, just for the record, my placement looks like this, ":\Brawlmods\stages\STGCUSTOM01-0F.pac; and also st_custom01-0F.rel," and I also copied those files (as well as every other stage and module) into ":\brawlmods\custom1\stages\STGCUSTOM01-0F.pac; and:\brawlmods\custom1\modules\st_custom01-0F.rel") even though it reads the code, (hence me being able to see the custom SSS.) So once again, help is appreciated, and thanks in advance! ;)

(P.S
Oh yeah, and if I'm allowed a quick off-topic, any idea when the network Riivolution is coming out? Or if it already has?)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I searched all over and couldn't find the answer to this but I for some reason can't load Charizard on riivolution. He makes the game freeze on the stage selection screen sometimes and he can never be loaded in game in riivolution and I have no textures on.

Is this a problem with Riivolution or my sd formatting?

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hello, another problem >.> lol

Im trying to do this.... http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6201.0
A custom CSS because it will make my life a lot easier if I could select sheik/ZSS/Pokemons

The paths are....
e:\brawlmod\textures\menu2

I have the sc_selmap.pac and the sc_selcharacter.pac in there but Riivolution isnt letting me load em >.> Im probs doing wrong so can someone please correct me? thank you <3

GebeCluck23

Smash Rookie
Hello, another problem >.> lol

Im trying to do this.... http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6201.0
A custom CSS because it will make my life a lot easier if I could select sheik/ZSS/Pokemons

The paths are....
e:\brawlmod\textures\menu2

I have the sc_selmap.pac and the sc_selcharacter.pac in there but Riivolution isnt letting me load em >.> Im probs doing wrong so can someone please correct me? thank you <3
I went to the link you provided and it looks like you did it right, it did say to put them in menu2...you don't have the File Patch Code on, do you? 'Cuz the thread you linked to said to have it on, but keep in mind you don't want it for Riivolution, because it "patches files" on it's own, you'd probably still need the other codes it was talking about though, just not the File Patch Code.

If it's not that, try putting the files in
e:\brawlmods\custom(1-3)\menu2, I'm not sure if this would work but it's worth a shot. Oh, and if you do try that, keep in mind to select the custom file once you actually run Riivolution.

(Oh yeah, and it could be that you have a PAL Smash Bros, which in that case, I wouldn't know what to do, because I don't have one.)

Alright, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to ask my own question, if it's at all possible, if someone has custom stages with PW's code working on Riivolution, could they put up a copy of their files on Mediafire or something, and then send me a link to it? By either PMing me, or e-mailing me the link, (deadchickenfat@hotmail.com(don't ask)) or however that's supposed to work...if any of that's possible, thanks, I'd appreciate it!

Keitaro

Sadly I can't help or give you two help on your subject but if you both have Riivolution could you answer the question of whether or not you're able to load Charizard in your Riivolution?

I'm not looking for a solution to the problem, I just want to know if its just my hacks or if its a problem with everyone for Riivolution.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
@Gebeclark
Ahh alright, Ill remove the patch file codes and try it on customs.
Thanks <3
btw Im using NTSC brawl

@Keitaro
Im assuming its your hacks, mine loads charizard just fine with no problems so maybe you have a corrupted .pac texture files or maybe a psa?
Is charizard's file named as "Rizardon?"

SMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Riivolution 1.04

I installed Riivolution 1.04. I also have the modlauncher.xml.

Now where do I find this brawlmods folder? Or do I have to make it? Or do I have to edit the xml?

My SD root has:

codes
data
private
riivolution (has config folder and modlauncher.xml)
background
boot.elf
gameconfig
icon
meta

I used Smash Stacks to load GeckoOS before I installed Riivoultion.

How do I enable my customized codes for Riivoultion? :(

I found this, but it doesn't cover codes.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this, so if it isn't please redirect me

Im trying to get a custom import over a character to "install" that i got from brawl vault, so im not making a character. To get just the MODEL and ANIMATIONS to "work" do i need anything more than the FitCharacter.pac and FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac to get them to work. I don't care about CSP's, sounds, or anything else other than model and animation. So far i have the models, but they're just in t-stance and use the base characters moves (ie. model over bowser's moves does all of bowser's moves with hitboxs, but in t stance)

im currently using the modlauncher v2.5 xml by bionic sonic

Keitaro

I just went back to Gecko. I 2ndary Charizard and couldn't figure out the problem so I'm back to Gecko where I can use it him.

RPD490

Smash Rookie
Okay for some reason whenever I launch Brawl through Riivolution, it keeps freezing at the screen before the strap warning, nothing happens. I had everything put it the right place and nothing works.

But when I load from Gecko the game loads up fine.

Someone tell me what do I do to fix this??

RPD490

Smash Rookie
Okay I took out the GCTs that had the File Patch Codes and I got the newest modlauncher, but I still get a black screen. :< What am I doing wrong??

M

mistercmills

First and foremost, allow me to apologize in advance for asking for help on a topic I'm sure has been asked before. In fact about 4 pages back I think I saw an instance of it, but I didn't see a satisfactory solution.

I am trying to run the Stage Expansion 2.0 with Riivolution. I've tried placing the .rel and .pac files in and outside of module and stage/stages folders respectively, as well as in various combinations of brawlmods and custom1 folders. No matter where I've placed them, and I've tried for the last 3 days, I get the same result. That result being that when I select one of the stages (The first three rows are Hannebow, and the others are Pokemon Stadium), the game says it is loading, but it never loads. I am still able to access the Home menu, so I know the game hasn't frozen.

Right now I am using the newest modlauncher.xml, and trying to decipher what this code is trying to tell me, but I am baffled. When I was using USB Loader GX, I did not have this issue. Right now, however, I have wiped my folders clean, and am using a fresh .XML file with no edits.

Before it is said, I have tried following what is stated on the first page, as well as about 8 other tutorials I've found within ReadMes and Google, and I have not had any success. I implore anyone with any knowledge whatsoever, or perhaps a someone knows of a more idiot-friendly guide to share. I am, as they say, at my wits end and am saddened I've had to resort to this tactic to get the results I so desperately crave.

Thank you.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Did you make sure that your XML has support for Expansion stages? If I remember correctly, Bionic's modlauncher does not have support for Expansion Stages, so you'll have to add support for them yourself.

M

mistercmills

Did you make sure that your XML has support for Expansion stages? If I remember correctly, Bionic's modlauncher does not have support for Expansion Stages, so you'll have to add support for them yourself.
I believe so. As far as I know, the version I am using is compatible with all modes besides BBrawl. I'm not using that one.

[COLLAPSE="Spoiler"]<patch id="tex_stage">
<folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/stage/melee/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_battle.rel" disc="/module/st_battle.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_battles.rel" disc="/module/st_battles.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_config.rel" disc="/module/st_config.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_crayon.rel" disc="/module/st_crayon.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_croll.rel" disc="/module/st_croll.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dolpic.rel" disc="/module/st_dolpic.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_donkey.rel" disc="/module/st_donkey.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxbigblue.rel" disc="/module/st_dxbigblue.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxcorneria.rel" disc="/module/st_dxcorneria.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxgarden.rel" disc="/module/st_dxgarden.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxgreens.rel" disc="/module/st_dxgreens.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxonett.rel" disc="/module/st_dxonett.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxpstadium.rel" disc="/module/st_dxpstadium.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxrcruise.rel" disc="/module/st_dxrcruise.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxshrine.rel" disc="/module/st_dxshrine.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxyorster.rel" disc="/module/st_dxyorster.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_dxzebes.rel" disc="/module/st_dxzebes.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_earth.rel" disc="/module/st_earth.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_emblem.rel" disc="/module/st_emblem.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_famicom.rel" disc="/module/st_famicom.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_final.rel" disc="/module/st_final.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_fzero.rel" disc="/module/st_fzero.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_greenhill.rel" disc="/module/st_greenhill.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_gw.rel" disc="/module/st_gw.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_halberd.rel" disc="/module/st_halberd.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_heal.rel" disc="/module/st_heal.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_homerun.rel" disc="/module/st_homerun.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_ice.rel" disc="/module/st_ice.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_jungle.rel" disc="/module/st_jungle.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_kart.rel" disc="/module/st_kart.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_madein.rel" disc="/module/st_madein.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_mansion.rel" disc="/module/st_mansion.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_mariopast.rel" disc="/module/st_mariopast.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_metalgear.rel" disc="/module/st_metalgear.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_newpork.rel" disc="/module/st_newpork.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_norfair.rel" disc="/module/st_norfair.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_oldin.rel" disc="/module/st_oldin.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_orpheon.rel" disc="/module/st_orpheon.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_otrain.rel" disc="/module/st_otrain.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_plautena.rel" disc="/module/st_plautena.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_pictchat.rel" disc="/module/st_pictchat.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_pirates.rel" disc="/module/st_pirates.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_plankton.rel" disc="/module/st_plankton.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_stadium.rel" disc="/module/st_stadium.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_stageedit.rel" disc="/module/st_stageedit.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_starfox.rel" disc="/module/st_starfox.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_tbreak.rel" disc="/module/st_tbreak.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_tengan.rel" disc="/module/st_tengan.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_village.rel" disc="/module/st_village.rel" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom1.rel" disc="/module/st_custom1.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom2.rel" disc="/module/st_custom2.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom3.rel" disc="/module/st_custom3.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom4.rel" disc="/module/st_custom4.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom5.rel" disc="/module/st_custom5.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom6.rel" disc="/module/st_custom6.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom7.rel" disc="/module/st_custom7.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom8.rel" disc="/module/st_custom8.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom9.rel" disc="/module/st_custom9.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM1.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM1.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM2.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM2.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM3.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM3.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM4.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM4.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM5.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM5.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM6.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM6.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM7.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM7.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM8.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM8.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM9.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM9.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGDXONETT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGDXPSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGGW.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGHOMERUN.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGHOMERUN_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGMADEIN.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGNEWPORK.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGPICTCHAT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGRESULT.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGSTADIUM.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGVILLAGE_00.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGVILLAGE_01.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGVILLAGE_02.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGVILLAGE_03.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.pac" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGVILLAGE_04.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.pac" />
</patch>[/COLLAPSE]
If I had to guess, I'm assuming this is the patch of code I need to work with. Right now I'm just trying to load STGCUSTOM01.pac and haven't even attempted to get the other ones beyond 09 to work. I no longer believe this is a mere directory issue, as I literally have this file placed in about 10 different locations within various folders called stage and stages, inside of each other and in the root directory of brawlmods. So at least one should one recognized, or so I'm under the impression.

Seeing as how I'm getting no where, it is pretty obvious I am not understanding these guides embedded within the .XML, which is embarassing to admit, but those appear to be the only guides available.

[EDIT] Through some mess, I managed to get a stage expansion of 9 to work. I've know idea how I pulled it off, but I think I can figure what I need to out from this. Thank you for providing me the hint I need.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Riivolution can SDHC cards unlike Brawl, which means it can read pretty much every SD card. It would be stupid if it could read 4 GB cards but not 2 GB cards lol

Top Bottom