• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
You can add me as a supporter. After watching reading this and watching a lot of Rhythm Heaven videos, I think she'd be great.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Between Rhythm Girl and the Chorus Kids, I personally think they'd both best represent what Rhythm Heaven is all about. I could definitely see her with a rhythmic and diverse moveset taking inspiration from a bunch of the minigames!

Regardless of whoever the RH rep ends up being, I'm in full support. :) (I'm fairly certain there will be one at this point)

Luminario

Smash Lord
If anyone should get in from RH its Rhythm Girl. She could be the Pacman or G&W of the RH universe, representing it as a whole with a multitude of references in her attacks.
Depending on how she would play she could either be extremely fun or predictable. It depends on how many of her attacks are based on keeping a rhythm or how easy they are to predict and punish.
Would she be in 2D like G&W or 3D?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Between Rhythm Girl and the Chorus Kids, I personally think they'd both best represent what Rhythm Heaven is all about. I could definitely see her with a rhythmic and diverse moveset taking inspiration from a bunch of the minigames!

Regardless of whoever the RH rep ends up being, I'm in full support. :) (I'm fairly certain there will be one at this point)
If anyone should get in from RH its Rhythm Girl. She could be the Pacman or G&W of the RH universe, representing it as a whole with a multitude of references in her attacks.
Depending on how she would play she could either be extremely fun or predictable. It depends on how many of her attacks are based on keeping a rhythm or how easy they are to predict and punish.
That's exactly how I feel about Ms. Rhythm! I personally feel she can possibly represent just about ALL of RH without "looking weird"!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Updated the supporters- we have reached 25 and we are on the home stretch now for the 3DS release.
I feel like if she has a rhythm mechanic that they are super powerful in exchange for being very predictable. However, the rest of her moveset would be very G&W/Villager/Pac-Man esque. It'd be cool to see her in 2D but maybe they could do something where she is kind of 2.5D somehow.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Updated the supporters- we have reached 25 and we are on the home stretch now for the 3DS release.

I feel like if she has a rhythm mechanic that they are super powerful in exchange for being very predictable. However, the rest of her moveset would be very G&W/Villager/Pac-Man esque. It'd be cool to see her in 2D but maybe they could do something where she is kind of 2.5D somehow.
Maybe she can have multi hit moves for specials that do more damage based on rhythm. That way you could switch it up for some unpredictable attacks in exchange for less power.
I can see the black border working well for her if it's on continuously and she's in 3D. Maybe she can be the exception to turning the border off like G&W so it's always on for her

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe she can have multi hit moves for specials that do more damage based on rhythm. That way you could switch it up for some unpredictable attacks in exchange for less power.
I can see the black border working well for her if it's on continuously and she's in 3D. Maybe she can be the exception to turning the border off like G&W so it's always on for her

I hope she does keep the border around her. I feel she would look weird without it. Also, @DonkaFjord, Congratulations! 25 supporters! While I do know that's not too big, (No offense!) that's still pretty admirable. Especially, considering that the Chorus Kids have been getting a lot of attention recently in the past few weeks due to the leak and the fact that the game's full roster will be known in about a week!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Or it could be like a projectile that you can have expand its range by keeping rhythm or something odd like that. Also the outline would be great especially if they give her a more toon like shading to improve her 'flat' appearance.
I hope she does keep the border around her. I feel she would look weird without it. Also, @DonkaFjord, Congratulations! 25 supporters! While I do know that's not too big, (No offense!) that's still pretty admirable. Especially, considering that the Chorus Kids have been getting a lot of attention recently in the past few weeks due to the leak and the fact that the game's full roster will be known in about a week!
Yeah it is pretty good- I doubt it would have been as many as it is without the Gematsu leak since many people were against giving Rhythm Heaven anything past a stage or assist.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The real question is when I'm going to stop.

I've made some more changes.

Changed the outfits of magenta and cyan, adjusted the hair of magenta, cyan, and green, adjusted the dresses of yellow and blue.
Hey Hippopotasauce, Sakurai's confirmed that ALL playable characters get 8 colors/alts./costumes! Do you think you would mind making 2 more?:):love:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hey Hippopotasauce, Sakurai's confirmed that ALL playable characters get 8 colors/alts./costumes! Do you think you would mind making 2 more?:):love:
Poor Hippopotasauce- They are probably busy and It's so close to release it doesn't matter too much (But hey you never know-). However I will speculate what they could be-
I could see a quick and easy use of the 2 alt spots could be to give the 3 main girls their traditional red colorization (that would give us 9 costumes) Or one of the other costumes of the girl in rhythm tengoku but maybe as a white/black colors.

They might also pull from other females in series but I prefer her wearing her costumes that she appears in in-game.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yeah I'd definitely make more but I am a little busy now that school's started.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be too worried. Believe it or not, but that recent leak has a stage that looks like a screen cap of this:
Last stage on the 4th row.
Now look at this:
Coincidence? I think not, my good friends!:smirk: What other Nintendo series has an area like that? Ms. Rhythm and the RH gang are still in the running! I still hope TSUNKU would still compose music for SSB4 though.:)
earthbound pink cloud, but there isnt much you can do with that one i dont think, RH has a plethora of things to stuff into a stage

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
earthbound pink cloud, but there isnt much you can do with that one i dont think, RH has a plethora of things to stuff into a stage
Well, it could be either the pink cloud or a RH stage, nothing is confirmed until Sakurai himself say it.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I just overall hope that Ms. Rhythm is a playable character. I know this has been said a few times already, but I personally believe that Ms. Rhythm is fit to playable and can represent RH without anything looking weird or out of place.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
EDIT: Delete this post. I posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Potentially bad news for you guys. I just found this on 4chan:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/261510732/final-words-of-the-gematsu-leaker

This person claims to be Sal Romano and his tipster informed him that the Chorus Kids were scrapped in favor of the Duck Hunt Dog. This may be a fruitless attempt at confirmation, but @ S salromano if you are still on these boards, can you confirm that this was you?
Whoa, really?:scared: I don't know if it's a good idea to post this on the ACTUAL Chorus Kids thread......:(

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Potentially bad news for you guys, though I doubt its legitimacy. I just found this on 4chan:

This person claims to be Sal Romano and his tipster informed him that the Chorus Kids were scrapped in favor of the Duck Hunt Dog. This may be a fruitless attempt at confirmation, but @ S salromano if you are still on these boards, can you confirm that this was you?
Nah Sal's never posted on 4chan.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Nah Sal's never posted on 4chan.
So Chorus Kids still have a chance?

Crap. For some reason I though this was the Chorus Kids thread. Sorry, guys.
No offense, Seth, but I was actually just about to ask what made you think this was the Chorus Kids thread? This is the Rhythm Girl's thread. I'm not trying to call you out. I'm just saying.

salromano

Smash Rookie
Potentially bad news for you guys. I just found this on 4chan:

This person claims to be Sal Romano and his tipster informed him that the Chorus Kids were scrapped in favor of the Duck Hunt Dog. This may be a fruitless attempt at confirmation, but @@salromano if you are still on these boards, can you confirm that this was you?
That's not me, lol.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Dunno where the right one is and this is where I saw my name tagged.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Meh, I doubt it's anything worry about. Of all places, 4chan is definitely the last site Sal would post his information.. You'd think he would supply it through, y'know, his own website. Oh, and the way this "Sal" refers to himself as "the infamous Smash 4 Gematsu leaker" is laughable.

Edit: Woah, ninja'd by Sal himself.. :eek:

Last edited:

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
I've been on this thread for all of 5ish mins and I'm all for Rhythm Girl now

#TeamRhythmGirl

Last edited:

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
This.

I always felt like she'd be a better RH rep than the Chorus Men, with her moves all being borrowed from various minigames across the franchise or summoning characters from the games for the attacks.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
with her moves all being borrowed from various minigames across the franchise or summoning characters from the games for the attacks.
To be fair, the Chorus Kids could easily pull off the same minigame-borrowing moveset concept. They're both very neutral characters after all, as opposed to someone like Karate Joe.. he'd look somewhat silly pulling out a badminton racquet or doing the Lockstep dance. :laugh: (that's not to say KJ doesn't have moveset potential though)

Luminario

Smash Lord
To be fair, the Chorus Kids could easily pull off the same minigame-borrowing moveset concept. They're both very neutral characters after all, as opposed to someone like Karate Joe.. he'd look somewhat silly pulling out a badminton racquet or doing the Lockstep dance. :laugh: (that's not to say KJ doesn't have moveset potential though)
Chorus Kids can be down smash (they quickly orbit around Rhythm Girl) :troll:
To be honest though the problem with Chorus Kids is that they wouldn't really suit embodying the whole RH universe, only their only minigame. Also there's three of them, unless you just want Chorus Kid.
Rhythm Girl has the look and design that can perfectly embody and reference every minigame. She could even have the countdown voice like the voiceclip in the first post.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Chorus Kids can be down smash (they quickly orbit around Rhythm Girl) :troll:
To be honest though the problem with Chorus Kids is that they wouldn't really suit embodying the whole RH universe, only their only minigame. Also there's three of them, unless you just want Chorus Kid.
Rhythm Girl has the look and design that can perfectly embody and reference every minigame. She could even have the countdown voice like the voiceclip in the first post.
I don't intend to start any arguments over who would be the better-representing character, as I think both would be equally viable, but the Kids certainly wouldn't take inspiration solely from their minigame. The reason why they'd be able to fit the role of implementing various elements of Rhythm Heaven into a moveset is simply because of how general and simple yet iconic of a character they are. (think G&W) On top of that, the trio aspect allows them to include more timing/rhythm-based moves, and even reference games like Clappy Trio that Rhythm Girl wouldn't be able to replicate as efficiently without summoning two out of place characters.

Don't take my word for it? Check out this moveset KimmotMan made and tell me they're not suitable. (imagine this moveset with more trio-timing based moves)

Again, nothing against Rhythm Girl. I just want to make clear that the Kids are just as fitting and viable.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't intend to start any arguments over who would be the better-representing character, as I think both would be equally viable, but the Kids certainly wouldn't take inspiration solely from their minigame. The reason why they'd be able to fit the role of implementing various elements of Rhythm Heaven into a moveset is simply because of how general and simple yet iconic of a character they are. (think G&W) On top of that, the trio aspect allows them to include more timing/rhythm-based moves, and even reference games like Clappy Trio that Rhythm Girl wouldn't be able to replicate as efficiently without summoning two out of place characters.

Don't take my word for it? Check out this moveset KimmotMan made and tell me they're not suitable. (imagine this moveset with more trio-timing based moves)

Again, nothing against Rhythm Girl. I just want to make clear that the Kids are just as fitting and viable.
There is nothing wrong with a summons character, but the chorus men have a lot going for them as well. Also there are so many minigames from rhythm heaven that the whole 'stubby arms' argument is moot cause they could just pull from a different minigame. I am sure if Rhythm Heaven is in then Karate Joe, Rhythm Monkey, Marshal, The Chorus Kids, The Wrestler and Reporter, and Rhythm Girl will appear in some fashion.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
There is nothing wrong with a summons character, but the chorus men have a lot going for them as well. Also there are so many minigames from rhythm heaven that the whole 'stubby arms' argument is moot cause they could just pull from a different minigame. I am sure if Rhythm Heaven is in then Karate Joe, Rhythm Monkey, Marshal, The Chorus Kids, The Wrestler and Reporter, and Rhythm Girl will appear in some fashion.
Oh, certainly not, Smash has definitely been in need of a "true" summoner archetype. I think it'd be really interesting!

I agree. I cannot reiterate this enough: regardless of whoever the Rhythm Heaven rep ends up being.. it's a Rhythm Heaven character! It'll be very fun to play as either way, and we'll actually be getting representation that the series has long deserved. :grin:

Luminario

Smash Lord

That's... actually a pretty good moveset. Alright you've convinced me that the Chorus kids would be a viable RH rep as well. Still want Rhythm Girl more though (I have an affinity towards feminine characters).
I never actually wanted to start an argument. I just could never envision them as competent fighters before. Thanks for the gif.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I never actually wanted to start an argument. I just could never envision them as competent fighters before.
Oh, I just wanted to clarify that so I didn't come off as hostile or opposed to her. ^^; We're all Rhythm Heaven fans here!

WooMooWooWooMoo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Quattro_Thunder
3DS FC
1934-0666-8269
Both have the potential to be amazing! So I don't care who gets in because I'll be happy with either! (or both if we get lucky!)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
We're in the home stretch, everyone! Let's hope we get Ms. Rhythm as playable or some playable RH rep!
Yes indeed- Since it is the last few days I suppose I will frequent the Rhythm Heaven threads more often. They really have quite the case stacked up for their inclusion. Anyone curious about the other possible characters who could appear as newcomers in Smash 4 should check out these threads:
I am really hoping for Ms. Rhythm though! I definitely recommend checking out Karate Joe's thread because Hippopotasauce has been such an amazing supporter and I believe the first vocal supporter of all things Rhythm Heaven related here on SmashBoards. I hope the influx of support and fans and hopefully newcomer/content in smash makes them proud. Also I recommend checking out the chorus men since they have become the 'fan favorite' after the Gematsu leak, but I am sure everyone is well versed with their potential.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
At this point, I do still want an RH rep, specifically Ms. Rhythm, but it's that pink stage that's got me bothered. I keep hearing it's either an area found in EarthBound (supposedly going by the name of Magicant) or it's Rhythm Heaven itself...I just hope a character from RH is playable, that's all I'll say.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
At this point, I do still want an RH rep, specifically Ms. Rhythm, but it's that pink stage that's got me bothered. I keep hearing it's either an area found in EarthBound (supposedly going by the name of Magicant) or it's Rhythm Heaven itself...I just hope a character from RH is playable, that's all I'll say.
Magicant is more well known, but if it is Mother 1's Magicant, then that's a console game and we might be getting that stage on the Wii U as well? I'd rather have an updated Onett though to be honest. I'd still hold out till the release and afterwards start pushing for DLC if no one is included.

Top Bottom