• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The OP has been overhauled a good amount. I added sections for her Voice, Music, Stage, Items & Assists, Official Site links, Supporter lists, Confirmed representation list, and I redid the photo gallery among some smaller fixes. If anyone has music/items/stages/moveset/etc. suggestions please share them!

Also I know some people made supporter badges/icons so if anyone can link them I will gladly add them to the OP. We also need a Series emblem, but I am sure someone has already done that as well.

That's great!:b: BTW, Come on now, You can't tell me this isn't cute and just plain adorable!:love:
Maybe you can even add this to the OP!:love: I support Ms. Rhythm even more just cause of this pic!:love:
She is pretty adorable in that- I wonder where the image originated from because it wasn't on the official site- maybe a press release.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'll Support This Thread And By The Way...
In Case If You To Make A Concept For Her Trailer:
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-newcomer-trailer-concepts.361403/
Already had you added :b: and some people posted some ideas alreadty on this thread. Maybe if I think of something really amazing I'll be sure to post it.

Anyways I have added a gif of the streetpass puzzle for rhythm heaven as a stage reference and a section for kirby's hat in the OP. Guess I will update it whenever we get more supporters/ Something is suggested/ I find something worthwhile.

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
Already had you added :b: and some people posted some ideas alreadty on this thread. Maybe if I think of something really amazing I'll be sure to post it.

Anyways I have added a gif of the streetpass puzzle for rhythm heaven as a stage reference and a section for kirby's hat in the OP. Guess I will update it whenever we get more supporters/ Something is suggested/ I find something worthwhile.
What About her trailer

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Excuse me DonkaFjord, but if you don't mind my saying how about you use my idea of Kirby wearing Ms. Rhythm's headphones as a Kirby hat? It's on page 4 if you want to see it, but basically it's this:
and this.....
To this day, I'm still proud of myself for thinking of this!:grin: It looks so cute on both of them!:love: (Not to sound cocky or anything.:lol:) You can put this in the OP for your Kirby hat section if you want!:b:

Last edited:

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Excuse me DonkaFjord, but if you don't mind my saying how about you use my idea of Kirby wearing Ms. Rhythm's headphones as a Kirby hat? It's on page 4 if you want to see it, but basically it's this:
and this.....
To this day, I'm still proud of myself for thinking of this!:grin: (Not to sound cocky or anything.:lol:)
I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN! HNNNNGNGGGGGGGG!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
and this.....
To this day, I'm still proud of myself for thinking of this!:grin: It looks so cute on both of them!:love: (Not to sound cocky or anything.:lol:) You can put this in the OP for your Kirby hat section if you want!:b:
Yep, I literally used exactly what you put on page 4 actually- What I did forget is to credit you on the OP. The only change Is I would alter the headphone color to better match in game, but it's not a deal breaker since I am sure people would get the reference.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yep, I literally used exactly what you put on page 4 actually- What I did forget is to credit you on the OP. The only change Is I would alter the headphone color to better match in game, but it's not a deal breaker since I am sure people would get the reference.
Thank you for the credit! It really means a lot!:)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I always like more character/series Representation in Super Smash Brothers 4. I would like to ask, what makes Rhythm Girl the best representative for Rhythm Heaven? (I am not against her or any other Rhythm Heaven Rep, I am just curious and don't know much about the series in general)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I always like more character/series Representation in Super Smash Brothers 4. I would like to ask, what makes Rhythm Girl the best representative for Rhythm Heaven? (I am not against her or any other Rhythm Heaven Rep, I am just curious and don't know much about the series in general)
To me, she is the Wii Fit Trainer of Rhythm Heaven: She may not be a main playable character, she appears in every installement (I think), and she represent/teach the player: it's her who is seen holding the DS and the Wiimote.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would also say Ms. Rhythm, because she seems.....well.......Let me put it like this, she seems the most "rounded" out of all the other viable RH reps (Except for maybe Beat (my pet name for Rhythm Monkey), I suppose.) and to me, she doesn't seem "limited" to only one minigame compared to the likes of the Chorus Kids, Wrestler (and Reporter), Samurai Steve, Karate Joe, and even Marshal and his friends if you can understand what I mean by that. She seems like she could represent all of Rhythm Heaven in the sense that she could use stuff from all 3 RH games without it looking "weird" compared to the other "viable" RH reps, along with the possible fact that, unlike Marshal and his friends, she's probably appeared in every game in the series so far, and like Erotic&Heretic said, she's also probably the character who represents/teaches the player how to play the games....in the games themselves.:chuckle: So it seem only fitting that she would be a/the playable rep of RH, right?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I would also say Ms. Rhythm, because she seems.....well.......Let me put it like this, she seems the most "rounded" out of all the other viable RH reps (Except for maybe Beat (my pet name for Rhythm Monkey), I suppose.) and to me, she doesn't seem "limited" to only one minigame compared to the likes of the Chorus Kids, Wrestler (and Reporter), Samurai Steve, Karate Joe, and even Marshal and his friends if you can understand what I mean by that. She seems like she could represent all of Rhythm Heaven in the sense that she could use stuff from all 3 RH games without it looking "weird" compared to the other "viable" RH reps, along with the possible fact that, unlike Marshal and his friends, she's probably appeared in every game in the series so far, and like Erotic&Heretic said, she's also probably the character who represents/teaches the player how to play the games....in the games themselves.:chuckle: So it seem only fitting that she would be a/the playable rep of RH, right?
It also helps that she is the character that is most seen by the player, like Wii Fit Trainer in her own game correct?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
That's the problem with the series- there is no single character that makes the 'most' sense. I prefer rhythm girl because she appears in the marketing of every game as well as on posters and the soundtrack. Also she isn't tied to just a single minigame so she is able to pull from all games of the series. She teaches you how to play on the manuals and not the games themselves (I think not so sure.) Characters you see a lot tend to be on the menus and not on the games so barista dog would be up there along with marshal and company just looking at the wii game. She is thought of to be the person who counts you down at the beginning of mini games and possibly an avatar of the player... So you can see why a rhythm heaven character is kind of hard to pick for who will show up in smash bros. Karate Joe appears the most in the mini games, Rhythm girl appears the most in marketing throughout the series, Chorus men appear on the cover of the most popular game in the series, Marshal is the 'mascot' and 'tutorial' character of the last installment, the barista is in every game and seen the most on the menus, the monkey is the iconic general character similar to a goomba is or slimes or the 'pikachu clone' in each generation of pokemon. I personally like Rhythm girl because she can encompass or use all those characters in her moveset or stage as well as not appearing in too many minigames so she is a blank slate similar to WFT, but that is just my opinion. Really it good be anyone who appears.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As stated, she is a logical choice to use various moves from various minigames. But compared to Marshal (who is the only real "threat" against the Rhythm Girl to me), she also have a better design. That's totally subjective of course. But as stupid as it sounds, I have trouble imagining alt colors for Marshal, while it's super easy for the Rhythm Girl.

Also, it's easier to give her moves because of her human body, I think.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally, I like her look over Marshal, Karate Joe, or Chorus Men... Support! I'd far prefer her over the other options. :D

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Rhythm Girl's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Rhythm Girl's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
I Think She Could Be A Trickster

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Which character type would give her the most trouble? How would she deal with Puppeteer characters like :rosalina:?
I see her as a trickster with all her cameo attacks and a juggler cause of her rhythm attacks. If she does have rhythm based attacks then characters who can ruin the rhythm like speedsters and bruisers would giver her the most trouble.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I see her as a trickster with all her cameo attacks and a juggler cause of her rhythm attacks. If she does have rhythm based attacks then characters who can ruin the rhythm like speedsters and bruisers would giver her the most trouble.
Would Resistors like :4bowser: be her easiest opponents to take on?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I never thought I'd say this, but after reading over the OP, I'm down for a Rhythm Heaven representative. I'd really like to see Rhythm Girl get chosen over Chorus Kids for SSB4.

It makes sense for her to be candidate, considering that she's on all the covers for each game in the series. Oh, and I just want to say that I liked playing Rhythm Heaven for the DS when I got it back in 2009.

EDIT: One more thing, I'd also love see her added just see the Gematsu "leak"'s credibility destroyed even further.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Shameless self promotion:

Would Resistors like :4bowser: be her easiest opponents to take on?
I honestly would think so since they move the slowest and that would give her time to charge her rhythm- based attacks.

I never thought I'd say this, but after reading over the OP, I'm down for a Rhythm Heaven representative. I'd really like to see Rhythm Girl get chosen over Chorus Kids for SSB4.

It makes sense for her to be candidate, considering that she's on all the covers for each game in the series. Oh, and I just want to say that I liked playing Rhythm Heaven for the DS when I got it back in 2009.

EDIT: One more thing, I'd also love see her added just see the Gematsu "leak"'s credibility destroyed even further.

She actually doesn't appear on the DS installment's cover in any region but she does appear in manuals, posters, in game, and in the marketing for it. I am just super hyped for any rhythm heaven representation, I am just miffed how everyone thought it was too far out for a rhythm heaven representative and no one really wanted chorus men till the leak- Oh well, Sakurai knows how to pique people's interests and find potential.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You can add me to the supporters list as well. She's my most favored Rhythm Heaven character for this game.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Probably means nothing, but since this is the rhythm heaven thread I found first, I'm sharing here.

Loved how KDJ gave a shout-out to Rhythm Heaven when it comes to favorite Nintendo series

Skip to 13:07 for the mention

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Whoa, why am I not in the supporter's list? If it's Rhythm Heaven, I'm all for it.
You can add me to the supporters list as well. She's my most favored Rhythm Heaven character for this game.
Kay, I added you guys. I also added some more pictures, did some minor tweaking on the OP, and fleshed out the music section much better than before. Any suggestions I will add to the list as well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Add me to the supporter list! I've just gotten into the series, and she seems like an excellent choice if Sakurai wants to both represent the series and add more female characters.

I'm totally good with this!

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I personally think of Ms. Rhythm as a Puppeteer with Trickster abilities, so she can trick opponents with her seriously unpredictable moveset and still use various things from the Rhythm Heaven games in her moveset.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I personally think of Ms. Rhythm as a Puppeteer with Trickster abilities, so she can trick opponents with her seriously unpredictable moveset and still use various things from the Rhythm Heaven games in her moveset.
Would she able to get close enough to characters like :4marth: in order to deal enough damage?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Does anyone know if they made a RH logo for the franchise in one of the other RH threads? Would it be the blobby cloud thing? It changes shape each game/language though.... the NA version is the most consistent.

I guess it could be one of the more iconic character's silhouettes as well but I doubt it. Also looking into more rhythm heaven stuff I found out Tsunku♂, a music producer, composer, and lyricist of Rhythm heaven as well as a pop rock vocalist and studio owner was diagnosed with Laryngeal cancer. I hope he is okay- I heard they found it early on, so that's a good sign.

Also I found these official Illustrations of some of the vocalists of the Japanese version of the Wii game.

Canary Club, Mana Ogawa, Soshi, & THE Possible.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to support as many characters as possible, so add me to the supporters list.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm trying to support as many characters as possible, so add me to the supporters list.
@ DonkaFjord DonkaFjord You are so dedicated to this thread! The original post is amazing. :)
Added, and in celebration I will also add the silhouetted series logo to the OP.
Aw, shucks thank you! I try my hardest to keep it updated and organized even when the thread is dormant.

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Added, and in celebration I will also add the silhouetted series logo to the OP.
Aw, shucks thank you! I try my hardest to keep it updated and organized even when the thread is dormant.
Nice, that logo is exactly how I imagined it :D

Top Bottom