• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I personally think RH characters should be 3-D, just to keep Mr. G&W's "gimmick" fresh.
His gimmick is not just his flatness but his single color design, LCD choppy movements, random moveset, etc. It is more than 'being flat.' Also if it does end up being the chorus men they have a uniquely animated outline.

None of the likely rhythm heaven characters have appeared in 3D, but who knows. Also weren't you the one talking about voice acting earlier? I found sound clips from Rhythm Heaven fever of the girl who counts you down in the beginning. I'll try and upload them somewhere tomorrow probably if I can't find someone who already has.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
His gimmick is not just his flatness but his single color design, LCD choppy movements, random moveset, etc. It is more than 'being flat.' Also if it does end up being the chorus men they have a uniquely animated outline.

None of the likely rhythm heaven characters have appeared in 3D, but who knows. Also weren't you the one talking about voice acting earlier? I found sound clips from Rhythm Heaven fever of the girl who counts you down in the beginning. I'll try and upload them somewhere tomorrow probably if I can't find someone who already has.
Wow, thanks so much! I'll be looking forward to hearing them!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, I just wanted to mention that in the OP of Ms. Rhythm's thread, I wanted to ask if anyone's going to add links for the Chorus Kids (from Rhythm Heaven DS) and the Rhythm Kids (Marshal, Ms. Ribbon, and Cam from Rhythm Heaven Fever)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hey everyone, I just wanted to mention that in the OP of Ms. Rhythm's thread, I wanted to ask if anyone's going to add links for the Chorus Kids (from Rhythm Heaven DS) and the Rhythm Kids (Marshal, Ms. Ribbon, and Cam from Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Added, thank you for pointing that out to me- Marshal now has 3 threads (4 if you consider him to be a part of the chorus men)- sneaky lil guy.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really wanted the girl instead of the :3 kid, but at least the :3 kid is cute.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've been waiting for someone to bump this topic since I found something interesting a few weeks ago but forgot to mention here. I was browsing through some Japanese blogs (Using Google translate) to see how prevalent the top picks for rhythm heaven are for their communities/fan bases. This blog mentions that rhythm girl is the same girl, but it also linked somewhere on the site to the website for the original game. The site (Again, with google translate) mentions
"Girl that appeared in Tappudanzu.
Very fashionable, I appear in a lot of clothes.
Your favorite, wonder if any?"
Beside this picture:

So apparently rhythm girl was much more prevalant in the original game than previously thought. (A lot of characters look similar due to the art style, but maybe they are related as well? Who knows.) I wonder if the DS game and Wii game have similar claims on their sites.

Also here are some images of the (elusive) literal "Rhythm Heaven," A very likely stage for a rhythm heaven character taken from the same blog. I will probaby update the OP. Maybe I should add a supporters list and stop being lazy haha.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'll support Rhythm Girl, she's definitely much better than Chorus Kids, if there needs to be Rhythm Heaven character in this game, then Rhythm Girl or nothing because she's the only character from that series that seems worthy of being in.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Supporter list added to the OP. Tell me if I missed anyone and I'll add them (I probably did, sorry it was late.)

=S U P P O R T E R S=
  • Hippopotasauce
  • DustyPumpkin
  • Reila
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Morian
  • Boo_Destroyer
  • Luugyhero12
  • AgatioGanon
  • Erotic&Heretic
  • Pacack
  • R.O.B.

Last edited:

Reila

She is my favorite character to be a RH rep as well, but wouldn't the wrestler be a worthy character to be in Smash? Or the reporter?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
She is my favorite character to be a RH rep as well, but wouldn't the wrestler be a worthy character to be in Smash? Or the reporter?

I love the reporter so much, I just hope if they are chosen that the wrestler isn't full out wrestler inspired and they had references to other rhythm heaven games. At the very least I'd love rhythm girl to get alts of some of the girl's outfits from RH if she makes it in.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Put me on that support list!

Now with the sneaky spirits but no Chrom, my hopes are on a high level!
=S U P P O R T E R S=
  • Hippopotasauce
  • DustyPumpkin
  • Reila
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Morian
  • Boo_Destroyer
  • Luugyhero12
  • AgatioGanon
  • Erotic&Heretic
  • Pacack
  • R.O.B.
Added! Sorry I didn't originally add you guys since I wasn't fully sure if you wanted to be on it.
*cough* along with @ smashkirby smashkirby , @ Drazile Drazile , & @ FirstBlade FirstBlade *cough*

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think that every Rythm Heaven character (sans the wrestler maybe) have the same chance of having a great rythm based moveset. so gameplay wise whoever they choose will have little impact on gameplay.

Thats why I i prefer a character a little more interesting than chorus men XD (like this one)

Reila

The reason I kinda dislike the idea of Chorus Kids (though they are kinda cute with their :3 faces), is because I never really got into these small/weird characters, like Kirby, Purin, Olimar, Yoshi, etc. I am more into human-like characters, so the Rhythm Girl or even the Wrestler would be much more interesting going by my selfish reasons. :p Plus, the more females, the better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since that pesky Gematsu Leak is scrambled due to Robin and Lucina's unexpected appearance, I'll jump on the Rhythm Girl bandwagon if what you said was true. She's basically a living advertisement for Rhythm Heaven on all platforms,m which the Chorus Men aren't. Since the roster is slowly coming to a close, I think that's one of the last few female fighters that we could get.

Sure the Chorus Men has their special singing, but this girl is more "Rhythm Incarnate" due to her association with a wide variety of games. Not to mention most people should be more familiar with her than the Chorus Men based on the advertisements alone. At this point, anybody can be the Rhythm Heaven rep instead of just the Chorus Men and I like the idea of a girl who tap dances with monkeys and has a wide variety of styles instead of them.

With that being said, just add me to the list so that I can properly support this beautiful, rhythmic dancer! After all, I've been a fellow Rhythm Heaven fan for a while.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I think that every Rythm Heaven character (sans the wrestler maybe) have the same chance of having a great rythm based moveset. so gameplay wise whoever they choose will have little impact on gameplay.

Thats why I i prefer a character a little more interesting than chorus men XD (like this one)
The reason I kinda dislike the idea of Chorus Kids (though they are kinda cute with their :3 faces), is because I never really got into these small/weird characters, like Kirby, Purin, Olimar, Yoshi, etc. I am more into human-like characters, so the Rhythm Girl or even the Wrestler would be much more interesting going by my selfish reasons. :p Plus, the more females, the better.
Since that pesky Gematsu Leak is scrambled due to Robin and Lucina's unexpected appearance, I'll jump on the Rhythm Girl bandwagon if what you said was true. She's basically a living advertisement for Rhythm Heaven on all platforms,m which the Chorus Men aren't. Since the roster is slowly coming to a close, I think that's one of the last few female fighters that we could get.

Sure the Chorus Men has their special singing, but this girl is more "Rhythm Incarnate" due to her association with a wide variety of games. Not to mention most people should be more familiar with her than the Chorus Men based on the advertisements alone. At this point, anybody can be the Rhythm Heaven rep instead of just the Chorus Men and I like the idea of a girl who tap dances with monkeys and has a wide variety of styles instead of them.

With that being said, just add me to the list so that I can properly support this beautiful, rhythmic dancer! After all, I've been a fellow Rhythm Heaven fan for a while.

To me, it's between the Rhythm Girl and Marshal.

*tap dancing intensifies*

Well they can always give them unique gimmicks that only that character could pull off. The chorus men/ marshal/ rhythm monkey always interested me because of them not being human fighters (the largest percentage of characters in smash) as well as the possibility to be in duos/trios similar to the ice climbers. How I see it though is the more unique their gimmick is, the less cameos of RH characters there will be (Especially if their gimmick focuses on their own mini game and nothing else) unless their gimmick focused on the cameos themselves. We'll see who and how a rhythm heaven character got implemented soon enough I suppose, and to be honest I'd love to see anyone in that roster as long as they fulfill their potential.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What I don't really like with the idea of the Chorus Men is that being three characters would overshadow the rhythm gimmick. That why I'm more interested with a single character.

I can accept every RH character, though, I'd really like to see a newcommer from that serie!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We just need at least one more female fighter and there's starting to be less room the more we get closer to the dates. Which is why I do like the idea of Rhythm Girl happening, even if I support the Chorus Men too. :3

Reila

We just need at least one more female fighter and there's starting to be less room the more we get closer to the dates. Which is why I do like the idea of Rhythm Girl happening, even if I support the Chorus Men too. :3
We can still get Dixie Kong, even if R. Girl isn't in Smash. Or we can get both, because why not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
=S U P P O R T E R S=
  • Hippopotasauce
  • DustyPumpkin
  • Reila
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Morian
  • Boo_Destroyer
  • Luugyhero12
  • AgatioGanon
  • Erotic&Heretic
  • Pacack
  • R.O.B.
Added! Sorry I didn't originally add you guys since I wasn't fully sure if you wanted to be on it.
*cough* along with @ smashkirby smashkirby , @ Drazile Drazile , & @ FirstBlade FirstBlade *cough*
HEY! Now why wasn't I on there before?.....:confused: Ah, well!:rolleyes: Thanks for putting me on the support list for Ms. Rhythm anyway!:love:

BTW, DonkaFjord? Get Hippopotasauce. NOW. These need to be added to her palette swaps.:love:

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
We can still get Dixie Kong, even if R. Girl isn't in Smash. Or we can get both, because why not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am really loving the increase of female characters this time around.
HEY! Now why wasn't I on there before?.....:confused: Ah, well!:rolleyes: Thanks for putting me on the support list for Ms. Rhythm anyway!:love:

BTW, DonkaFjord? Get Hippopotasauce. NOW. These need to be added to her palette swaps.:love:
You know- they don't post here any more. I think we scared them away by asking for too much haha. Those do make sense to add to costumes. Does anyone know if characters in the DS or Wii version are also rhythm girl cannonically?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I am really loving the increase of female characters this time around.

You know- they don't post here any more. I think we scared them away by asking for too much haha. Those do make sense to add to costumes. Does anyone know if characters in the DS or Wii version are also rhythm girl cannonically?
Since they remixed Tap Dance on Fever, then I'd imagine the one on the advertisements and cover are the same girl with a different design. But they must have keep here white in the actual minigame to stay true to the GBA version despite making a new design for other appearances in Fever.

The same could be said for the one on the DS Rhythm Heaven since she got the same proportions, red shoes, wears a red outfit, and kept the pale skin.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
=S U P P O R T E R S=
  • Hippopotasauce
  • DustyPumpkin
  • Reila
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Morian
  • Boo_Destroyer
  • Luugyhero12
  • AgatioGanon
  • Erotic&Heretic
  • Pacack
  • R.O.B.
Oh, right, I forgot to say that I actually supported this. I do support.
Also, nice find with the Japanese alternate costumes.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Since they remixed Tap Dance on Fever, then I'd imagine the one on the advertisements and cover are the same girl with a different design. But they must have keep here white in the actual minigame to stay true to the GBA version despite making a new design for other appearances in Fever.

The same could be said for the one on the DS Rhythm Heaven since she got the same proportions, red shoes, wears a red outfit, and kept the pale skin.
True, but I also meant how in the GBA game the girls in this image were all rhythm girl (The red dress girl on the cover.)

I'm going to go see if the Japanese or English sites mention anything I guess.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
True, but I also meant how in the GBA game the girls in this image were all rhythm girl (The red dress girl on the cover.)

I'm going to go see if the Japanese or English sites mention anything I guess.
They might be close friends if they know each other or were grouped in this one photo. I doubt clones are common in the Rhythm Heaven universe. :troll:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm wondering... In various artworks, the Rhythm Girl is seen holding a DS or a Wiimote. I wondered... Could she be, somehow, the character that represent the player? It's quite the same case for the Wii Fit Trainer. They may not be playable characters, but they represent what the player have to do.

Just a crazy thought. We can even extrapolate with the fact she have headphones on the disc OST :awesome:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
They might be close friends if they know each other or were grouped in this one photo. I doubt clones are common in the Rhythm Heaven universe. :troll:
I guess but unless google translate mistranslated (Which is highly likely it did haha) it mentioned it was all the same 'fashionable' girl 'appearing in many clothes.'

Anyways it seems like the DS and Wii sites for rhythm heaven don't have character pages? I have yet to try the English sites yet.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I've been waiting for someone to bump this topic since I found something interesting a few weeks ago but forgot to mention here. I was browsing through some Japanese blogs (Using Google translate) to see how prevalent the top picks for rhythm heaven are for their communities/fan bases. This blog mentions that rhythm girl is the same girl, but it also linked somewhere on the site to the website for the original game. The site (Again, with google translate) mentions
"Girl that appeared in Tappudanzu.
Very fashionable, I appear in a lot of clothes.
Your favorite, wonder if any?"
Beside this picture:

So apparently rhythm girl was much more prevalant in the original game than previously thought. (A lot of characters look similar due to the art style, but maybe they are related as well? Who knows.) I wonder if the DS game and Wii game have similar claims on their sites.

Also here are some images of the (elusive) literal "Rhythm Heaven," A very likely stage for a rhythm heaven character taken from the same blog. I will probaby update the OP. Maybe I should add a supporters list and stop being lazy haha.

BTW, DonkaFjord, you might want to organize that part of the OP with the different outfits of Ms. Rhythm a little better. Not trying to criticize you or anything, just that part looks a little sloppy. Please don't be mad!:sadeyes:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
BTW, DonkaFjord, you might want to organize that part of the OP with the different outfits of Ms. Rhythm a little better. Not trying to criticize you or anything, just that part looks a little sloppy. Please don't be mad!:sadeyes:
I am actually reorganizing the OP as you replied! I will continue to do so, but any suggestions for stages/music selections/items/movesets/assists/etc. to help fill it out? I also checked the DS and Wii sites and they lack character pages like the GBA site.

Japanese GBA site
Japanese DS site
Japanese Wii site
English (US) DS site
English (US) Wii site
English (PAL) DS site
English (PAL) Wii site

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I am actually reorganizing the OP as you replied! I will continue to do so, but any suggestions for stages/music selections/items/movesets/assists/etc. to help fill it out? I also checked the DS and Wii sites and they lack character pages like the GBA site.

Japanese GBA site
Japanese DS site
Japanese Wii site
English (US) DS site
English (US) Wii site
English (PAL) DS site
English (PAL) Wii site
That's great!:b: BTW, Come on now, You can't tell me this isn't cute and just plain adorable!:love:
Maybe you can even add this to the OP!:love: I support Ms. Rhythm even more just cause of this pic!:love:

Last edited:
Top Bottom