• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Ms. Rhythm, Chorus Kids, Marshal, (w/Ms. Ribbon and Cam or w/o) Wrestler (and Reporter), Rhythm Monkey, someone better be Smash 4 DLC! (or at least in Smash 5.)
I feel like the next smash will at least get music or a stage from the series especially if another installment is made. (But hey, we have been wrong before-)

Laniv

Smash Lord
I've been working on this moveset for a while, tell me what you think!

The Rhythm Girl's (referred to as Ms. Rhythm) performance in battle is based on the rhythm of the player's button presses.

Songlike Standards

Jab--Figure Fighter
: Ms. Rhythm punches with both fists. If the button is pressed twice quickly, an announcer calls out "ONE-TWO!" and she punches twice (5%).

Forward Tilt--Lockstep: Ms. Rhythm performs the stepping pose from Lockstep. 4%, with very little endlag, so it can be repeated. If the button is pressed in rhythm, you can switch to the offbeat and hit opponents on the other side.

Up Tilt--Clappy Trio: Ms. Rhythm claps above her head. 8%. If the button is pressed three times in a row, foes are comboed and launched on the third hit.

Down Tilt--Blue Birds: A stork from Blue Birds appears at Ms. Rhythm's feet and pecks at the ground. The button must be pressed three times rhythmically for it to do its full damage of 15%.

Dash Attack--Airboarder: Ms. Rhythm gets on a hoverboard and rides it. If the button is pressed again, Ms. Rhythm ducks and jolts up, dealing 10%.

Symphonic Smashes

Forward Smash--Drummer Duel: A large taiko drum spawns in front of Ms. Rhythm, and she hits it. 12% normally, but if the button is pressed three times, it deals a boosted 28%, and large sound shockwaves appear.

Up Smash--Cheer Readers: As she charges, Ms. Rhythm spins a book above her head, and says, "Okay, it's ON!" As she says "on", she thrusts the book above her, dealing 19%.

Down Smash--Tap Trial
: Ms. Rhythm tapdances on the spot as a monkey's screech is heard. 18% total.

Audio-Cued Aerials

Neutral Aerial--Board Meeting
: Ms. Rhythm sits in a chair and spins around for 13%. If the button is pressed while she's spinning, she suddenly stops spinning and smirks at the camera, dealing an extra 5%.

Forward Aerial--Space Dance: Ms. Rhythm says, "Pa-pa-pa-PUNCH!" and punches forward. 11%.

Back Aerial--Splashdown: Ms. Rhythm spawns a dolphin under her, and flips with it. 15%

Up Aerial--The Dazzles: Ms. Rhythm crouches and juts her arm upward, stars emitting from her fingers. 16%.

Down Aerial--Tap Troupe
: Ms. Rhythm says, "Tap-tap-tap!" and taps with her feet. If the button is pressed three times, the move is a meteor smash, and she says "Okay!"

Throws in Tune

Grab and Pummel--Fillbots
: Ms. Rhythm grabs the opponent and summons a hose from above to pump the foe. 2% per pummel.

Forward Throw--DJ School
: Ms. Rhythm says, "Scratch-o!" and flings the opponent at an angle. 18%.

Back Throw--Crop Stomp
: Ms. Rhythm stomps the ground, popping the opponent up so she can toss the opponent over her head behind her. 13%.

Down Throw--Screwbot Factory
: Ms. Rhythm spawns a claw above the opponent, which clamps onto their head and drills them into the ground. 17%.

Up Throw--Love Lab
: Ms. Rhythm shakes the opponent up and down, then tosses them up. Hearts emit when she does this. 11%.

Soprano Specials

Neutral Special--Built to Scale:
A widget appears a set distance away from Ms. Rhythm, and a do-re-mi-fa-so sequence of notes is heard as the Kirby-sized widget pieces roll into play. If the button is pressed on the "sol" note, Ms. Rhythm kicks a rod in between the pieces, hitting opponents for 24%. If the player is doesn't press the button or misses the cue, the widget pieces clatter to the floor and can be picked up. Ms. Rhythm is also immobile for this move

Side Special-- Shrimp Shuffle:
Ms. Rhythm starts bouncing forward with two shrimp on either side of her. The shrimp function as projectile-reflecting shields. As long as the button is pressed in rhythm, Ms. Rhythm can keep moving. The shrimp can also be hit and go flying. If the control stick is tilted in the opposite direction, Ms. Rhythm can change direction.

Up Special-- Micro-Row:
Ms. Rhythm starts swimming in midair as two microbes surround her. The button must be pressed in rhythm for her to recover. You can press the button rhythmically to increase distance.

Down Special-- Space Soccer:
A soccer ball is tossed from hammerspace, and the button must be pressed for Ms. Rhythm to keep kicking the ball. The longer the button is pressed, the stronger the move becomes. To use the move, hold down the button, and Ms. Rhythm will kick the ball at an angle for 29%.

Final Smash-- Go For A Perfect!: The stage goes dark... expect for a little pink "P" in the corner. Then the lights come back on revealing that a large cymbal has replaced the stage! This song begins to play, and the button must be pressed to the rhythm for the cymbal to bounce the opponents up for 20% per bounce.

...And the Rest

Up Taunt:
Ms. Rhythm claps with a "Dondon pan pan".
Side Taunt: Ms. Rhythm plucks a beet.
Down Taunt: Ms. Rhythm plays a tambourine.

Victory Pose 1: Ms. Rhythm hugs the monkey and giraffe from Tap Trial.
Victory Pose 2: Ms. Rhythm poses with the Wrestler and Reporter.
Victory Pose 3: Ms. Rhythm rolls up and jumps.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

The Rhythm Girl's (referred to as Ms. Rhythm) performance in battle is based on the rhythm of the player's button presses.

Songlike Standards

Jab--Figure Fighter
: Ms. Rhythm punches with both fists. If the button is pressed twice quickly, an announcer calls out "ONE-TWO!" and she punches twice (5%).

Forward Tilt--Lockstep: Ms. Rhythm performs the stepping pose from Lockstep. 4%, with very little endlag, so it can be repeated. If the button is pressed in rhythm, you can switch to the offbeat and hit opponents on the other side.

Up Tilt--Clappy Trio: Ms. Rhythm claps above her head. 8%. If the button is pressed three times in a row, foes are comboed and launched on the third hit.

Down Tilt--Blue Birds: A stork from Blue Birds appears at Ms. Rhythm's feet and pecks at the ground. The button must be pressed three times rhythmically for it to do its full damage of 15%.

Dash Attack--Airboarder: Ms. Rhythm gets on a hoverboard and rides it. If the button is pressed again, Ms. Rhythm ducks and jolts up, dealing 10%.

Symphonic Smashes

Forward Smash--Drummer Duel: A large taiko drum spawns in front of Ms. Rhythm, and she hits it. 12% normally, but if the button is pressed three times, it deals a boosted 28%, and large sound shockwaves appear.

Up Smash--Cheer Readers: As she charges, Ms. Rhythm spins a book above her head, and says, "Okay, it's ON!" As she says "on", she thrusts the book above her, dealing 19%.
Down Smash--Tap Trial: Ms. Rhythm tapdances on the spot as a monkey's screech is heard. 18% total.

Audio-Cued Aerials

Neutral Aerial--Board Meeting
: Ms. Rhythm sits in a chair and spins around for 13%. If the button is pressed while she's spinning, she suddenly stops spinning and smirks at the camera, dealing an extra 5%.

Forward Aerial--Space Dance: Ms. Rhythm says, "Pa-pa-pa-PUNCH!" and punches forward. 11%.

Back Aerial--Splashdown: Ms. Rhythm spawns a dolphin under her, and flips with it. 15%

Up Aerial--The Dazzles: Ms. Rhythm crouches and juts her arm upward, stars emitting from her fingers. 16%.
Down Aerial--Tap Troupe: Ms. Rhythm says, "Tap-tap-tap!" and taps with her feet. If the button is pressed three times, the move is a meteor smash, and she says "Okay!"

Throws in Tune

Grab and Pummel--Fillbots
: Ms. Rhythm grabs the opponent and summons a hose from above to pump the foe. 2% per pummel.
Forward Throw--DJ School: Ms. Rhythm says, "Scratch-o!" and flings the opponent at an angle. 18%.
Back Throw--Crop Stomp: Ms. Rhythm stomps the ground, popping the opponent up so she can toss the opponent over her head behind her. 13%.
Down Throw--Screwbot Factory: Ms. Rhythm spawns a claw above the opponent, which clamps onto their head and drills them into the ground. 17%.
Up Throw--Love Lab: Ms. Rhythm shakes the opponent up and down, then tosses them up. Hearts emit when she does this. 11%.

Soprano Specials

Neutral Special--Built to Scale:
A widget appears a set distance away from Ms. Rhythm, and a do-re-mi-fa-so sequence of notes is heard as the Kirby-sized widget pieces roll into play. If the button is pressed on the "sol" note, Ms. Rhythm kicks a rod in between the pieces, hitting opponents for 24%. If the player is doesn't press the button or misses the cue, the widget pieces clatter to the floor and can be picked up. Ms. Rhythm is also immobile for this move
Side Special-- Shrimp Shuffle: Ms. Rhythm starts bouncing forward with two shrimp on either side of her. The shrimp function as projectile-reflecting shields. As long as the button is pressed in rhythm, Ms. Rhythm can keep moving. The shrimp can also be hit and go flying. If the control stick is tilted in the opposite direction, Ms. Rhythm can change direction.
Up Special-- Micro-Row: Ms. Rhythm starts swimming in midair as two microbes surround her. The button must be pressed in rhythm for her to recover. You can press the button rhythmically to increase distance.
Down Special-- Space Soccer: A soccer ball is tossed from hammerspace, and the button must be pressed for Ms. Rhythm to keep kicking the ball. The longer the button is pressed, the stronger the move becomes. To use the move, hold down the button, and Ms. Rhythm will kick the ball at an angle for 29%.

Final Smash-- Go For A Perfect!: The stage goes dark... expect for a little pink "P" in the corner. Then the lights come back on revealing that a large cymbal has replaced the stage! This song begins to play, and the button must be pressed to the rhythm for the cymbal to bounce the opponents up for 20% per bounce.

...And the Rest

Up Taunt:
Ms. Rhythm claps with a "Dondon pan pan".
Side Taunt: Ms. Rhythm plucks a beet.
Down Taunt: Ms. Rhythm plays a tambourine.

Victory Pose 1: Ms. Rhythm hugs the monkey and giraffe from Tap Trial.
Victory Pose 2: Ms. Rhythm poses with the Wrestler and Reporter.
Victory Pose 3: Ms. Rhythm rolls up and jumps.
Wow! This is a pretty good moveset! BTW, I hope everyone on this thread has heard the fairly recent news that evidence on SSB for Wii U's game disc shows that Rhythm Heaven was going to have a playable character in Smash 4! Who knows? Maybe the character was the Chorus Kids? Karate Joe? Marshal? Marshal w/ Ms. Ribbon and Cam? Wrestler? Wrestler w/ Reporter? Rhythm Monkey? (or Monkeys?) or maybe, just maybe....Ms. Rhythm?! Until we get more info, the possibilities are endless! It's just good to know we were going to have SOMEONE from Rhythm Heaven as a playable character!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I have added it to the OP! Sorry I have been gone for a while.

Wow! This is a pretty good moveset! BTW, I hope everyone on this thread has heard the fairly recent news that evidence on SSB for Wii U's game disc shows that Rhythm Heaven was going to have a playable character in Smash 4! Who knows? Maybe the character was the Chorus Kids? Karate Joe? Marshal? Marshal w/ Ms. Ribbon and Cam? Wrestler? Wrestler w/ Reporter? Rhythm Monkey? (or Monkeys?) or maybe, just maybe....Ms. Rhythm?! Until we get more info, the possibilities are endless! It's just good to know we were going to have SOMEONE from Rhythm Heaven as a playable character!
Too bad they couldn't just give us any of the planned/cut music... I wish this meant they were holding it back for later , but that's just a pipe dream.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hey guys! We officially have the option of voting for who we want to see as playable DLC in Smash 4! Let's see if we can help cute little Ms. Rhythm in Smash 4!

Here's the link!

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
I think I will use my vote on a character who actually has a chance (Ms. Rhythm's support is dwarfed by the chorus kids and then Karate Joe) but not too many supporters already sending in votes. Too bad though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think I will use my vote on a character who actually has a chance (Ms. Rhythm's support is dwarfed by the chorus kids and then Karate Joe) but not too many supporters already sending in votes. Too bad though.
Yeah, I know. But hey, I can dream right? Honestly, I feel Ms. Rhythm might be a bit of a :4duckhunt: character, summoning things from the Rhythm Heaven games to help her, you know?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, I know. But hey, I can dream right? Honestly, I feel Ms. Rhythm might be a bit of a :4duckhunt: character, summoning things from the Rhythm Heaven games to help her, you know?
Yeah me too and it'd be a nice way to represent the games... Um... I thought we were only supposed to vote once? Or only once per character? Seems odd that it seems like you can vote again after returning to the page... Just to be safe I might vote on a couple devices, but my conscience weighs heavily on me.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah me too and it'd be a nice way to represent the games... Um... I thought we were only supposed to vote once? Or only once per character? Seems odd that it seems like you can vote again after returning to the page... Just to be safe I might vote on a couple devices, but my conscience weighs heavily on me.
Honestly, I think we should still throw some votes toward Ms. Rhythm's way. You know, just to show we still consider her a viable RH rep and all. I'm not saying we should all go for her. You don't have to if you don't want to. It's just a suggestion. One I hope everyone will take into consdieration?...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Honestly, I think we should still throw some votes toward Ms. Rhythm's way. You know, just to show we still consider her a viable RH rep and all. I'm not saying we should all go for her. You don't have to if you don't want to. It's just a suggestion. One I hope everyone will take into consdieration?...:rolleyes:
I ended up voting for her after seeing a couple others did the same. I am trying to vote as little as possible. Really tempted to vote for an Advanced Wars rep and a Style Savvy Rep as well on other devices.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I ended up voting for her after seeing a couple others did the same. I am trying to vote as little as possible. Really tempted to vote for an Advanced Wars rep and a Style Savvy Rep as well on other devices.
You know, I just noticed. If any of us vote for Ms. Rhythm, in what way should we be specific? You know, just so we can be sure Nintendo knows WHO exactly we're talking about.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
You know, I just noticed. If any of us vote for Ms. Rhythm, in what way should we be specific? You know, just so we can be sure Nintendo knows WHO exactly we're talking about.
I just used 'Rhythm Girl' and then in the comments I made sure to specify 'the girl in the red dress.' If anything the interest in a Rhythm Heaven character will at least give us music and probably the chorus kids.
For those voting the best chances of names to vote under are 'Rhythm Girl, Red Dress Girl, Ms.Rhythm, Girl in the Red Dress, Tap Trials Girl,etc.' because these are how I see her referred to on other sites as well as this one. The fact she doesn't have a true name is always troubling, but with her home series it is unmistakable who you are talking about. Good luck with whoever you vote for!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder if anyone still remembers my quote from quite some time ago about how Ms. Rhythm appears to seem just "ambiguous" enough to be Rhythm Heaven's playable rep?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I just used 'Rhythm Girl' and then in the comments I made sure to specify 'the girl in the red dress.' If anything the interest in a Rhythm Heaven character will at least give us music and probably the chorus kids.
For those voting the best chances of names to vote under are 'Rhythm Girl, Red Dress Girl, Ms.Rhythm, Girl in the Red Dress, Tap Trials Girl,etc.' because these are how I see her referred to on other sites as well as this one. The fact she doesn't have a true name is always troubling, but with her home series it is unmistakable who you are talking about. Good luck with whoever you vote for!
I wonder if anyone still remembers my quote from quite some time ago about how Ms. Rhythm appears to seem just "ambiguous" enough to be Rhythm Heaven's playable rep? Also, I've noticed that Ms. Rhythm has been getting a lot of hate for being a Rhythm Heaven rep. I mean I still support the Chorus Kids and Karate Joe as reps, but still, does she really need all that hating on her? I mean, I wonder if the people who supported Ms. Rhythm still support her.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wait, what kind of hate?

I plan on voting for her, at least for giving Rhythm Heaven some popularity in the poll. She is still the best rep to me, Marshall coming next. I still see her as the "player character", kinda like the WFT, as she is the one giving instructions.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Who hates her? I don't see how anyone else from the series would be a better choice than her to be completely honest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who hates her? I don't see how anyone else from the series would be a better choice than her to be completely honest.
Because they are either badass white males or cute white triplets. :troll:

But at least Rhythm Heaven Girl has some superiority for begging an advertisement character at best (Plus being female).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wait, what kind of hate?

I plan on voting for her, at least for giving Rhythm Heaven some popularity in the poll. She is still the best rep to me, Marshall coming next. I still see her as the "player character", kinda like the WFT, as she is the one giving instructions.
Because they are either badass white males or cute white triplets. :troll:

But at least Rhythm Heaven Girl has some superiority for begging an advertisement character at best (Plus being female).
Sorry everyone. You're all right. Maybe hate was a strong word. I personally LOVE Ms. Rhythm and she's probably the one RH rep I hope gets into Smash 4 as DLC, if not Karate Joe or the Chorus Kids. It's just that, the moment someone like the Chorus Kids or Karate Joe are brought up, Ms. Rhythm doesn't seem to get much love anymore, which really surprises me, considering that I said recently that she seems "ambiguous" enough to be Rhythm Heaven's rep for Smash 4. In other words, she could the "Wii Fit Trainer" of Rhythm Heaven, and that would actually BOOST her chances of being a playable character. Don't get me wrong, I support the Chorus Kids and Karate Joe just as much as her. Well, maybe her just a bit more. As a matter of fact, I personally think that if the Chorus Kids were NOT the RH rep possibly planned for Smash 4, according to that find of Rhythm Heaven data for a playable character on the Wii U version of Smash 4, then either Ms. Rhythm or Karate Joe may have been that removed rep.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It is not so much hate as in they would prefer the Chorus Kids or Karate Joe (or occasionally someone else entirely.) Pre-Gematsu leak Rhythm Girl and Karate Joe were actually doing pretty well with Karate Joe getting a bit more popularity for being the obvious 'fighter' choice and being the very first Minigame in the series/a reoccurring character like Ms.Rhythm.

Whats interesting is that now that we know Marshal isn't coming back that he wont likely become the mascot of the series. Really if you look at any promotional work for RH you see a lot of chorus men (or similar looking characters like Marshal, Cam, and Ms. Ribbon or the Night Walk character), Rhythm Girl, Karate Joe, and for the newer stuff the Wrestler & reporter. At the very least we will see who doesn't get in on a RH stage... (please.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It is not so much hate as in they would prefer the Chorus Kids or Karate Joe (or occasionally someone else entirely.) Pre-Gematsu leak Rhythm Girl and Karate Joe were actually doing pretty well with Karate Joe getting a bit more popularity for being the obvious 'fighter' choice and being the very first Minigame in the series/a reoccurring character like Ms.Rhythm.

Whats interesting is that now that we know Marshal isn't coming back that he wont likely become the mascot of the series. Really if you look at any promotional work for RH you see a lot of chorus men (or similar looking characters like Marshal, Cam, and Ms. Ribbon or the Night Walk character), Rhythm Girl, Karate Joe, and for the newer stuff the Wrestler & reporter. At the very least we will see who doesn't get in on a RH stage... (please.)
Well, if that's the case, I guess she may have a chance for Smash 4 after all.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Here's a couple scans from Famitsu about The Best+, there's a bit of cool new stuff.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well, if that's the case, I guess she may have a chance for Smash 4 after all.
Here's a couple scans from Famitsu about The Best+, there's a bit of cool new stuff.

And then we have no sign of anyone in a red dress for the latest game. Panic time.
But on a serious note I really like the backgrounds in the mini-games. They look so vibrant and lush but a little less saturated than the last game I think? Also What is that thing with a car on his head....

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
And then we have no sign of anyone in a red dress for the latest game. Panic time.
But on a serious note I really like the backgrounds in the mini-games. They look so vibrant and lush but a little less saturated than the last game I think? Also What is that thing with a car on his head....
Tap Trial is coming back, so if anything we have that iteration of her.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Tap Trial is coming back, so if anything we have that iteration of her.
I wonder if Ms. Rhythm is still wanted for Smash 4. Has anyone voted for her? Also everyone, what kind of personality do you think Ms. Rhythm would have if they ever bothered to give her one in the RH series?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder if Ms. Rhythm is still wanted for Smash 4. Has anyone voted for her? Also everyone, what kind of personality do you think Ms. Rhythm would have if they ever bothered to give her one in the RH series?
Of all Rhythm Heaven characters, the Chorus Kids are sadly getting the most support with Karate Joe as the second contender from the few polls I've seen and actual discussions on Gamefaqs about RH representation. I've voted for her a while ago since the first week of the Smash Ballot's "birth".

If her official artworks and role in Tap Trial are anything to go by, I would imagine her as a cheerful girl that loves to boogie to her groove and dance as a way to show off her skills. So I can see her as a mixture between Wii Fit Trainer and Jigglypuff with some humanity to sum things up. :chuckle:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Of all Rhythm Heaven characters, the Chorus Kids are sadly getting the most support with Karate Joe as the second contender from the few polls I've seen and actual discussions on Gamefaqs about RH representation. I've voted for her a while ago since the first week of the Smash Ballot's "birth".

If her official artworks and role in Tap Trial are anything to go by, I would imagine her as a cheerful girl that loves to boogie to her groove and dance as a way to show off her skills. So I can see her as a mixture between Wii Fit Trainer and Jigglypuff with some humanity to sum things up. :chuckle:
I guess you're right:sadeyes:...It's too bad, I really feel like she would seem "anonymous" enough to rep all of Rhythm Heaven. Hopefully, we could get the word for more people to support her, maybe?

About her personality, everything you described seems legit about her.:b:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess you're right:sadeyes:...It's too bad, I really feel like she would seem "anonymous" enough to rep all of Rhythm Heaven. Hopefully, we could get the word for more people to support her, maybe?

About her personality, everything you described seems legit about her.:b:
Like I am planning on doing for Mona, I will start making more of those "Vote for X" images next week since this is practically my last week of college. That way, I can have more time to edit material for certain groups since they need that special "boost" to get more support.

And according to a "leaked" tweet, Rhythm Heaven Best Plus is heading to the West with a release date unknown for now. Here's to hoping that we won't have to wait that long until we can play Tap Trial again. :p

https://twitter.com/apadamson/status/596541282673041408

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
I made some Roster Maker icons for that picture if anyone's interested, I really like how the girl is drawn in that.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Like I am planning on doing for Mona, I will start making more of those "Vote for X" images next week since this is practically my last week of college. That way, I can have more time to edit material for certain groups since they need that special "boost" to get more support.

And according to a "leaked" tweet, Rhythm Heaven Best Plus is heading to the West with a release date unknown for now. Here's to hoping that we won't have to wait that long until we can play Tap Trial again. :p

https://twitter.com/apadamson/status/596541282673041408
If you see the new trailer for RH: The Best+, Ms. Rhythm actually appears in it...with a new look! Also, she seems to confirm a "new" edition of Tap Trial for the game! In it, she, alongside the monkeys she dances with, all appear to be wearing really cute-looking bird suits. "Rhythm" Heaven only knows why....:awesome:

Interesting!
Awesome! The idea of the troup is quite interesting.
Inb4 people start supporting the Rhythm Girl AND Chorus Kids in the ballot.
THIS LOOKS SO COOL!!! I honestly thought if we'd get a Smashified for RH, Karate Joe would be first, but to see Ms. Rhythm get one first, and to an extent, (A) Chorus KID, it really made my day! (BTW, I want everyone to know, I am aware this was NOT done by Omni, but it's a fan-made project to honor his work) Also, I wanted to say cue everyone voting for Ms. Rhythm and Chorus Kids on the Smash Ballot all of a sudden, and the popping up of a new RH for Smash 4 thread: "Rhythm Troupe beats the beat for Smash 4!" or something like that....

Overall, looking at that video really brought up how I how mentioned a while back that I could see Ms. Rhythm working out as a :4duckhunt: type of character.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I'm gonna see if I can get permission to use this to make one of these out of it, I just need a logo, and the one in the OP is a broken link, anyone have it? (I also need some palettes for the chorus kid, I can't think of many outside of marshal and the gang)

EDIT: Just found out it's free use as long as you give credit to original, so here are the palettes I made and am going to use.

Black and white because she kinda looks like one of them old 30s cartoon characters
EDIT2:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm gonna see if I can get permission to use this to make one of these out of it, I just need a logo, and the one in the OP is a broken link, anyone have it? (I also need some palettes for the chorus kid, I can't think of many outside of marshal and the gang)

EDIT: Just found out it's free use as long as you give credit to original, so here are the palettes I made and am going to use.

Black and white because she kinda looks like one of them old 30s cartoon characters
EDIT2:
This is great! Still, it's too bad. I was really hoping you were going to use the alts. made by Hippopotasauce in the OP.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

EDIT2:
Groovy! I've so liked that you went for the black and white color for the last one because of her retro appeal. She would feel right at home in the Popeye cartoon now that I think of it. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
BTW, in the words of Pavlovs-Walrus (the person who did this glorious piece) they would picture "Rhythm Troupe" fighting like this:

"In my mind, You control the girl whose movements are based around dance, and her different attacks summon various characters and items from the Rhythm Heaven series. The monkey is a permanent fixture on her back (similar to the duck of Duck Hunt) and the Chorus Boys are her neutral-B attack."

All this is from the DeviantArt page for their work on this.
http://pavlovs-walrus.deviantart.com/art/Rhythm-Troupe-Smashified-536965341

Last edited:
Top Bottom