• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Well, this sucks.

So that really was the final roster, and Rhythm Heaven couldn't even get a stage here either. The very least we have left is a Wii U stage of it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey Rhythm Heaven Girl supporters. Even though I have not fully supported your candidate, we should form an alliance along with the other characters who have yet to be shown off in SSB4 for DLC.

A DLC Truce I must add. Is your support group interested?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hey Rhythm Heaven Girl supporters. Even though I have not fully supported your candidate, we should form an alliance along with the other characters who have yet to be shown off in SSB4 for DLC.

A DLC Truce I must add. Is your support group interested?
Well the chorus men have been thought to be DLC for a while so I guess that could apply for any Rhythm Heaven Rep. Don't count on it though- it is better to be happily surprised then to be let down and disappointed by something that may never come to pass.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Smash 4 Rhythm Heaven News:
If Rhythm Heaven sits it out this Smash then Rhythm Girl, Rhythm Monkey, Marshal, and Reporter/Wrestler need to join their comrades in the trophy gallery at least.

JKarmageddon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-4911-5045
I still think Gematsu knew what was up and that Chorus Men will be arriving as DLC now.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I still think Gematsu knew what was up and that Chorus Men will be arriving as DLC now.
Of course, if they were scrapped due to whatever technical limitations, Rhythm Girl's always a runner up if they still wanted to go for a RH DLC rep.

I'd be alright with any Rhythm Heaven DLC at this point!

JKarmageddon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-4911-5045
Of course, if they were scrapped due to whatever technical limitations, Rhythm Girl's always a runner up if they still wanted to go for a RH DLC rep.

I don't think it was technical limitations, just lack of priority for the franchise. I have this feeling that if the rep is Chorus Men they will move and act as a trio entirely, not have any separate AI/models.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

You're right! I also feel that if the Chorus Kids were cut from SSB4 for the same reason as the Ice Climbers, then Ms. Rhythm should be one of the runner-ups for Rhythm Heaven DLC. (That's hoping, of course, that Karate Joe does not get in the way of her chances, considering Mewtwo's recent confirmation to return as a playable character via DLC, when he's already confirmed to be a trophy at least on the 3DS version and as we all know Karate Joe AND the Chorus Kids are trophies in that version, so.......)

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
So why Rhythm Girl over Chorus Kids/ Karate Joe. (not counting the trophies)

Karate Joe has been in all 3 games, and Chorus Kid played a big role in the most popular game in the series. (He also has the biggest fan base.)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Karate Joe has been in all 3 games, and Chorus Kid played a big role in the most popular game in the series. (He also has the biggest fan base.)
To me, she is the Wii Fit Trainer of Rhythm Heaven, in the sense that she represent the player. It's her holding the DS or the Wiimote.
Compared to Karate Joe, she also can have a more diverse/quirky moveset, although I don't doubt that Karate Joe can as well.

Finally, I have to admit that I start to dislike the Chorus Kids, as their popularity raised a lot with Gematsu. But this disliking is due to someone who believed a bit too much into Gematsu, and not because of gematsu followers. In fact, I start to dislike them because I see people (not on smashboards) who want them as they are a 3 in 1 character, and not a rhythm based character. They totally miss the point to me :p

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I really hope Sakurai at least keeps Ms. Rhythm in mind to be SSB4. I REALLY want her to be playable in Smash and she's so cute! I was hoping (and I won't lie, I kind of am STILL hoping) at least she'll get a trophy in the Wii U version of Smash 4, to reference her large "prominence" in Rhythm Heaven Fever. If she does get a trophy, I feel it will more than likely show off her various appearances (all in one trophy of her) in the Rhythm Heaven series, or simply use her appearance in Fever.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Before the Gematsu Leak Rhythm Girl trumped the chorus kid's support and it was really between her, Karate Joe, Marshal, and (arguably less than the others) the wrestler. The OP and earlier pages of this thread gives a larger picture than what I could paint in a single reply without re-hashing previous replies you have gotten. Ms. Rhythm Appears in some form for all games to date, she appears in the advertising for all the games, and she is the sole character on both the soundtracks released for the game. As a whole she represents the essence of Rhythm Heaven as opposed to just a single minigame in it.

I'm still a little bitter that Smash 4 doesn't even seem to feature much if any music from Rhythm Heaven... I mean its disappointing for no stage/assist, but it's a smaller and newer franchise (internationally) and if it had a lock for any content it would be music...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm still a little bitter that Smash 4 doesn't even seem to feature much if any music from Rhythm Heaven... I mean its disappointing for no stage/assist, but it's a smaller and newer franchise (internationally) and if it had a lock for any content it would be music...
It's rumored that Manzai Birds appear on Gamer.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It's rumored that Manzai Birds appear on Gamer.
Yay... I guess? A song that isn't a fan favorite from a region specific endless game.... Its better than nothing but it feels a bit like the series got...snubbed in a way?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yay... I guess? A song that isn't a fan favorite from a region specific endless game.... Its better than nothing but it feels a bit like the series got...snubbed in a way?
And it's only a rumor. Quite sad for a music centered game. There's still the possibility of unlockable songs, though.

In fact, it's kinda weird, considering it was acknowledged with 2 trophies and an enemy in Smash Run.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
And it's only a rumor. Quite sad for a music centered game. There's still the possibility of unlockable songs, though.

In fact, it's kinda weird, considering it was acknowledged with 2 trophies and an enemy in Smash Run.
It is really sad and kind of aggravating just beacuse we were always so sure we'd at the very least get music from RH... I actually don't quite like much of the music selections thus far it seems really 50-50 for me. The franchises I love got some bizarre choices and the franchises I am not really a fan of got some nice music, but I don't have the nostalgia or connection to them so it isn't the same. Oh well I guess it'll grow on me- Hope RH has a hidden stage. *cough*or DLC for rhythm heaven plz & thank you*cough.*

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Edited the OP & added @ KatKit KatKit & @ Laniv Laniv to the supporters- that brings us to 30 supporters! Superb!

(Tried to find the "Superb!" ranking text but couldn't- oh well.)​

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, someone really needs to upload more Rhythm Heaven sprite rips to spriters-resource.com.
I didn't even know this was a thing. Hmm... I doubt it would happen unless it spiked in popularity again with say..DLC..or a sequel haha.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Yeah, someone really needs to upload more Rhythm Heaven sprite rips to spriters-resource.com.
Most of the Fever games have had their assets ripped. I actually used them to make a lot of the concept stuff in the Karate Joe thread.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Most of the Fever games have had their assets ripped. I actually used them to make a lot of the concept stuff in the Karate Joe thread.
Yeah, true.
There are barely any rips from Rhythm Heaven/Tengoku Gold/the one on the DS, though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ms. Rhythm, Chorus Kids, Marshal, (w/Ms. Ribbon and Cam or w/o) Wrestler (and Reporter), Rhythm Monkey, someone better be Smash 4 DLC! (or at least in Smash 5.)

Top Bottom