• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rev3Games Shows Off New Modes, Tidbits About Smash Wii U

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
YouTube channel Rev3Games was recently able to get some hands-on, recordable time with Smash Bros. for Wii U and the footage captured shows off significantly more about the game than last week's Nintendo Direct. The video is titled '100 New Things We Learned Playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U,' and while some of these 100 things are very minor details, the video has some in-depth explanation regarding new modes, specifically Master /Crazy Orders and Smash Tour. There are a lot of new things to learn here - make sure to watch the video the whole way though!

Info dump incoming!
What do you think? Are these new revelations exciting to hear about? Smash Run or Smash Tour? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is genuinely into the new single-player modes. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well the only thing that is still disappointed to me is no story cutscenes....it just make Smash Bros really just a mixture of Nintendo characters without any interact than a major franchise.

Last edited:

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
ey first sannnn (ah man got ninja'd)
can't say much but looks like Luigi just got bopped in the face a little too hard ....

Last edited:

chengen

Smash Rookie
i dont have the 3ds version, but i've played it. is the game fast like melee or slow and boring like brawl?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyone else notice the "NintendoE3" nae around the six minute mark?

What does it mean!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yes! Swimming mechanic returns!:shades:

:4duckhunt: doggie paddle animation to be one of the best swimming speeds?
:4wiifit: She better have the best swimming speed, she's fit.
:4sonic: I nominate you drowning the quickest, for canon reasons.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I love how the Figure Player wasn't able to use items because it was always trained without them. That's neat.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
Well the only thing that is still disappointed to me is no story cutscenes....it just make Smash Bros really just a mixture of Nintendo characters without any interact than a major franchise.
I completely agree.. Though Subspace Emmisary in Brawl was something of a drag at times, the cutscenes were amazing. It was an ultimate fan service by bringing us a world where all our favorite characters co-existed and reacted to one another, it was super great idea. It feels a bit less colorful seeing less and less of a character represented in the Smash Bros. games. Those cutscenes made even R.O.B. and Game & Watch seem a lot more colorful in character. Made them seem like they belonged. It's something of a tragedy they aren't returning, but at least other areas of the game are getting more face time. We can just hope that in the next Smash Sakurai see's fit to bring back that world he gave us. :)

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
i dont have the 3ds version, but i've played it. is the game fast like melee or slow and boring like brawl?
You should take what I say with a grain of salt because it's been a little while since I've played Melee and Brawl. But, if memory serves, it really is best described as a mixture of the heaviness slow of Brawl, and the lightness and fastness of Melee. But even then it's it's own unique thing. You could call it a mixture of the two, and it kind of does feel like the best of both worlds, but it is unique. & I personally don't think any other smash bros. has felt this good to play. Every character feels better in Super Smash 4 3Ds. I'd say if your a hardcore Smash fan then it's something you'll enjoy.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
It's proven that Mewtwo fans don't know the word "opinions".
Ha.
You're really killing me.
Clearly you took what I said way too seriously. Chill out dude.
I agree, we're all Smash fans here. & I happen to be an open minded one at that. Bowser Jr. & his fellow Kooplalings are proving to be a very fun newcomer to me. I'm lovin' em lol. My opinion isn't from a smash standpoint on Mewtwo as much as it is me just loving Mewtwo for his character and pokemon roots. & I am personally excited to see that in smash. (Hopefully a bit better represented in Smash Wii U & 3Ds than in Melee)

Shog

Smash Ace
Exactly like N64. And I didn't complain.

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
You know given how many crazy things are in Smash 4, like a stage based on a Miiverse forum among other things, it wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai is going to put an actual amiibo figure into the game as a playable character in order to blow everyone's minds completely.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Amazing!

Watch me get reported just for typing this. Wouldn't be surprised

Can't wait to watch this

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Ha.
You're really killing me.
Clearly you took what I said way too seriously. Chill out dude.
It's just that most Mewtwo "Fanboys" are saying that he's the "best character in the world" and stuff.
Seriously, you have no idea how many people say that everyday.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Titling a video 100 New Things We Learned Playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U seems a little self-indulgent after the Direct, no?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Heres the list of trophies I spotted in Rev3game's 100 facts about Smash Bros Wii U video

Wolfen it gives an opponent 100% damage at the start of the match

Flying man ( from Earthbound's Magicant, says that in video) can knock away your next enemy.

Mecha Fiora who boosts your attack power as you take damage

Resseti reduces stats to 0 for one battle.

Great Fox warps you to a checkpoint you haven't been to

POW block makes you drop fighters

Chain Chomp scatters opponents

Zinger places a trap which can launch opponents

Ashley slows down the spinner

Riki draws in nearby items as you move

Yellow Wollywog nullifies a trap you step on

Tingle shuffles around every player randomly

Baseball Daisy lets you catch every item thrown at you

Excite Bike doubles dice roll

Latios lets you select an opponent to be your teammate for the battle

Tetra places trap that can steal opponents fighter

Snorlax makes you impossible to launch

Dillon launches opponents

Fuel tank heals you 50% at the start of a battle

Those are the ones I found please add to this list if you find more

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Exactly like N64. And I didn't complain.

Or am I misunderstanding your point?
My point is that we all know there is a big chance that Sakurai won't include cutscenes or even stories or character interacts. Even though how many new stuff they put in the new Smash bros for Wii U. Smash bros is now feel like an ununique Nintendo spin-off rather than a real universe.

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
My point is that we all know there is a big chance that Sakurai won't include cutscenes or even stories or character interacts. Even though how many new stuff they put in the new Smash bros for Wii U. Smash bros is now feel like an ununique Nintendo spin-off rather than a real universe.
It wasn't just Ssb64, Melee had no real cutscenes or story either. Brawl is unique in that aspect, and if Sm4sh is any indicator it will remain that way.

The reasons are two fold. 1) The game was dropped in Sakurai's lap by surprised and likely was told to get it out the door as fast as possible, thus a story mode was probably the least important part to include considering Ssb has lacked it in most of its history. 2) We the fans ruined it for ourselves. Sakurai never liked that Subspace was spoiled before the game even came out worldwide. I doubt the motivation was there to fight for a mode that requires so much extra effort under obvious time constraints.

Anyway, my point is that a story mode has existed in one out of four games, its not exactly a staple of the franchise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom