• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
retiring from smash seems way too big of a decision for me to ever comprehend

as much as i'd love to say "even with genesis 3 and evo coming!?"

wish you all the best tho :) in the scenario you don't return. now i'm sad i missed out on apex2013...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Sorry to hear that you're retiring but I'm glad you will be sticking around in the community (unlike Ken, who for the most part just disappeared lol). I hope to see you again some day.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Wow. Melee itself will take a major hit if he doesn't change his mind. There is plenty of competition for Armada. M2K has had some very close sets with him over the years and was on fire at apex. HBox I'm sure is dying for his next shot, I think he knows what to do now. And PP's marth is seriously nipping at his heels. I'm not saying he's scared... but.... eh. Bad time for him to quit... for melee.

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Come on, man. Genesis is tied 1-1 right now between you and Mango, you can't quit before July.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yo guys, don't worry. Armada was the champion, now he's gunna sit on MtSilver waiting for Mango, HBox, PP or M2K to show up. They'll face eachother and say; "........" and the battle will commence.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm glad I got to meet you before you quit, you were the greatest player this game ever had and a huge inspiration.

So long, Armada.

ckmadison

Smash Rookie
You were an inpiration, and will define an era for the Melee community.

Bye Armada :(

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
This is so lame. So many people still want a chance to play him and even though he's been undefeated he's still had amazing and close matches. What a shame.

:phone:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Well, I'm sure Armada will want to join my G3 roadtrip.
(anyone want to donate so I can actually afford it =))

Armada

Smash Lord
I do understand some people are dissapointed. But if I would decided to quit after Beast/EVO/Genesis and win all of them some people would still like to see one more tournament and think "he could lose the next one".

M2k: Don't be sad bro =/
You have been a great team8 over the years and one of few players I learned a lot from. You know you are a person I will be rooting for in the future man =)

AJP: Yeah the last one was very fun. But I don't think I will join this one.

linaly

Smash Rookie
The world just lost the chance to solve the mystery of your power forever.
The champion Armada will be a legend.

:phone:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I guess this comes as a surprise for the most people in this community but Im done with Smash. That means Apex 2013 was the last tournament for me as a competitor. I will still go to/hold tournaments in Sweden because I love the community and I still love the game. But I do not feel any motivation to become a better player and then I think it's time to stop playing. That means I will not enter singles at any tournaments in the future (Beast included). I really wanna make a great event of it though and will work hard for it.

This is something I have been thinking about for a longer while and even before Apex I decided that Apex is my last tournament as a competitor regardless of the outcome. I wanna say thanks to all the people in this community cause you are awesome and I love you all <3

I don't expect everyone to be happy with me decision but I hope everyone can at least accept and respect this.
Good luck to all the people that still is competing in this game =)

I don't believe you, Isai.

Renth

Smash Hero
Urgh. When you said you wanted to get some games I should have instantly, I figure hey its apex... we have three days.

I always enjoyed the company of you and Aniolas and I hope to you see both again one day.

You told me you hope to team with you brother in America again and I hope that happens :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll miss you adam. Unlike a lot of people you were a true champion inside and out the game.

Hax

Smash Champion
Apex 2010: the last time i ever played Armada in a game of singles

something i'll always regret

Top Bottom