• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: Arizona Bi Weeklies #6

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
Singles Pro Bracket

1.K9 :falco::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight::metaknight: ($54)
2.Maize :rob::popo::metaknight::fox: ($26)
3.Yoshiken :popo::yoshi2::pikachu2: ($9)
4.Nazo :sonic:
5.Air Vault :marth::snake:
5.Yummy :random:
7.Prime :metaknight:
7.RaveStyle :toonlink::sheik:
9.Ness682 :ness2:

[collapse=Pools]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

Brawl Doubles

1.K9 and Ness682 :metaknight::falco:/:ness2:($50)
2.Moo and Air Vault :metaknight:/:marth:($16)
3.Yoshiken and Anjila :pikachu2:/:lucario:($8)
4.Rizner and Nazo :kirby2:/:sonic:
5.Meow K and Heysuess :dedede:/:dedede:
5.Saffy and Maize :pikachu2:/:metaknight:
7.Prime and Phantom :metaknight:/:toonlink:
7.Cawabo and SLVR :metaknight:/:diddy:

Singles B bracket

1.Meow K :gw: ($10)
2.Moo :metaknight: ($4)
3.Saffy :pikachu2::metaknight:
4.MBR :diddy:
5.Trypt :marth:
5.Anjila :lucario:
7.Rizner :kirby2:

[collapse= Amateur bracket]

[/collapse]

Melee Singles

1: yummy ($35.00)
2: Tyrpt ($10.00)
3: high hish ($5.00)
4: SLVR
5: KJ
5: cwb
7: Jorge
7: PALTON
9: GAVIN
9: SEAN

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

Smash 64

1: Dook ($18.90)
2: Rizner ($5.40)
3: SLVR ($2.70)
4: Austin
5: Yummy
5: Collin
7: Hanbone
7: Jorge
9: Micheal

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

Saffy

Smash Ace
Just gotta say meowk has really improved . I wish my controller wasnt messed up. I can't tech the dthrow :(. That was so much free damage for him per match lol.

First time using Pikachu in tournament. Did ok... I have a long ways to go. But it was discouraging having people tell me to go back to peach when I don't want to. I dont think my pikachu is that awful...
Maize and I need to rethink of a new strategy as we did awful in teams. Hopefully I improve ;c who knows. Wifi isn't the best practice exactly.

K9 - thanks for going metaknight. I find it hard to even hit you with Pikachu. Lol. I hope I can invest ok a new controller so I don't sd like did in our matches. Gj on 1st.

Maize - thanks for cheering me up. I was bummed about out performance in doubles. I feel like a noob with my recovery. Sorry. I don't want to go back to peach . Hopefully next time goes better for us. :/

Yummy - random was so kind to you by giving you bowser :). Lol nice to see you! Glad you are attending more frequently now.

Yoshiken - I really want to play your ice climbers again!!!

Nazo - too good. I had fun with our pools matches. Next time win the tourney pls.

Airvault - thanks for the friendlies. You guys did well in teams.

Prime - you improved. Mk too good.

Rave - I wanted to play you.

Ness - so proud of you! :D grats on the win. You can't give up! Your really good and i see a huge improvement.

Meowk - you have gotten a lot better. Glad to see you earning that win!!!! One day I will tech those throws :(. Lol

Moo - get yo booty in pro bracket. Thanks for the extra set was good experience. T-T g&w too strong.

Mbr - we should do a rivalry to improve! It's fun to play you. The bracket was tough this time :(.

Anjila - I want to play you!!!

Rizner - next time you should win. You should also win by sd'ing 3 times in our matches within 15 seconds. Trust me it's a tactic I learned... It works!

Dook - nice to see you :). I miss seeing you use that wario in brawl.

:phone:

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
K9- Congrats on the win! Thanks for being my partner for doubles, I had a lot of fun playing with you.

Maize- Your a good friend, thanks for your words of encouragement (even if I didn't accept them at the time I was playing). Because of these words you speak, I'll one day grow in confidence and succeed far beyond my expectations! It'll just take some time and practice that's all ^^

Rave- Yeah, about that. It was close, I wasn't thinking, I was frustrated, and I had already lost it. At least I came to my senses and congratulated you correctly after a few minutes of cooling off :) That I'm at least happy about. Good games once again.

Moo- Sorry about that SD in our pools, but then again, dat grabbing Marth :p (I really need to learn to not fall for it so much). Nice to play you in friendlies and pools, hope next time we play we can both fix our flaws and create an epic match!

Nazo- Dat Sonic. You play him all too well.

Airvault- Your Snake and Marth are too powerful for me (at the moment) I'll be sure to practice up on those match ups, then I'll come by and see you for a rematch!

Yummy- Thanks for the MM and friendlies in P:M, it was indeed fun to play against your Mario :)

Saffy- You are so supportive! You are indeed a wonderful friend! Sorry that you didn't make it into Pro Bracket, hope we can both be in it the next tournament! :)

Rizner- Dat Kirby both in Brawl and in N64. Wish I had attended the N64 tourney now that I think about it , because it's much more fun than Brawl singles ;P

Anjila- Nice to meet you and see your Lucario! Hope to see you in more future tournaments!

MeowK- I love how we both weren't taking our matches extremely seriously while playing. If I play anyone besides Ness at any time, you can already tell I'm not in a competitive mood :p

Yoshiken- I may learn IC one day, but I just don't feel like it right now, as for Yoshi, I don't play it enough to see whether I need to improve it or not. Nice pools though!

Prime- Nice job! You did a lot better since the last time you came! Keep up the good work!

Pros: Had fun, made it into pro bracket, beat players that I hadn't before, came to my senses after singles loss and congratulated the people I played against.

Cons: Lacked confidence, Still got angry at myself for losing in singles, thought about giving up throughout some matches

Overall, probably the most fun I've had since November (due to improvement, not sucking so much, (slightly) better mood, etc.). Of course much can be done to improve them, but once I do so, I can guarantee that I can succeed far beyond what I think of as of this moment.

Thanks everyone for the support! I'll see you all next time!

LOE1

Smash Lord
damn, AZ actually has char diversity, unlike some states

*cough*Michigan*cough*

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
K9 - You did really well this time around, hopefully I can play you next time in singles too!
Maize - Thanks for all the advice this time around, you are really helping me learn the inner mechanics of the game that aren't so obvious.
Yoshiken - I was gonna pick up Yoshi, but he's too easy to play. GGs in dubs and friendlies. Ganon is too broken.
Nazo - Good **** getting 4th, and good job in doubles. Too bad our team was just broken.
Air Vault - Fun playing you, you are such a smart player and I can really learn a lot from playing you.
Ness682 - Seeing as I'm now officially the best Ness in AZ, who are you moving on to? It wasn't even close in our friendlies
Moo - Dat 9 was too good. Sorry about that SD in our last game, hopefully we can play next time as well.
Saffy - Your pikachu was pretty good, but you should really pick one character and stick with them. It might take a while, but you should try to narrow it down, you will get a lot better because of it.
MBR - I got my revenge!! I'm sitting here picturing you with the infinite down *shudders* Learn it!
Anjila - It's been a while! Good games in pools and dubs, hopefully you can come more often!
Rizner - What happened? Did you forget to use your feet or something? How can you not win with the best character in the game?
Heysuess - Hope your date went well! Sucks that you had to leave though.
Phantom - Our friendlies were fun, hope to see you again!

Overall a great tournament, can't wait for the next one!

And my tournament gif:

Saffy

Smash Ace
I feel the same way meowk. I'm sticking with Pikachu for sure. I think you should go all G&W maybe besides vs Ic's. G&W is a really good character and you pull off early kills.

Saffy

Smash Ace
oh cool, so you don't mind him being up there?
most people would be like ZOMG I ONLI USED HIM ONCE Y IZ HE UP THERE I DDNT EVEN WIN WITH HIM.

Updated.
Nazo pls.... I didn't use mk at all in bracket or pools but he's up there. ZOMG....

Shame.. if possible can you upload/send the replay(s) I saved?
Did you save that match vs Moo on my sd card? If so I can send you it or upload. (The one where you got the 9 on him last stock).

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I have it uploaded. It has textures from my wii, but it's on there. I'm on my phone, so I can't link it. My channel name is the same as here.

Top Bottom