• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Retro

Which is your favorite?

• Snow Cone Heaven

Votes: 61 57.5%
  • Duck Hunt Theme

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Flat Zone

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Octopus

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Welcome back to the Remix Corner! This week is a bit of a fusion of several series! Since some series in Smash only have one or two songs to their name, the decision has been made to combine them into one big Remix Corner! We’ve got Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and Duck Hunt all lined up for this week. So check the climbing gear, find a dimension, and take aim for this week’s Remix Corner!

Snow Cone Heaven (OCRemix)
This chilling remix of Ice Climber’s Main Theme is sure to bring about a smile.

Duck Hunt Theme (DJFletch Remix)
Enjoy this distorted and wobbly remix of everyone’s favorite hunt!

Flat Zone (Blubeats Remix)
Enjoy the chopped up and jamming remix of Flat Zone.

Octopus (Modern Remix)
Enjoy this smooth and silky remix from the game that gave Game & Watch his Final Smash!

Well, that’s it for this week! I hope you all enjoyed this multi-series Remix Corner! Next week is all about fried angel wi- I mean an angel who can’t fly, Kid Icarus. Following that we’ve got a series with a big heart, Pikmin! Remember to send in those remixes either on here or to my Twitter. Until next time!​
I was surprised to see so few tracks for these series. Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario to discuss your favorite retro tunes.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'll miss Ice climbers in Smash 4. Maybe they'll be added latter as DLC without the chain grabbing.

Cool remix, I really like it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
7/10 remixes aren't from Retro Studios games. :seuss:

jk lol, nice ones, especially that DH one.

D

Deleted member

These aren't bad. Dunno which song I'm going to pick.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I'll miss Ice climbers in Smash 4. Maybe the'll be added latter as DLC without the chain grabbing.

Cool remix, I really like it.
People, get over it, the reason why he was not added from the start is because 3DS couldn't handle it according to Sakurai.... and the Wii U won't be getting no DLC that the 3DS can't get.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Oh, man, this week looks good. I'll have to give some of these a listen when I get home. I always thought the Ice Climber theme was underrated! Especially the one during gameplay. It's a very simple theme, but it goes nicely with the gameplay. :)

D

Deleted member

I voted for Snow Cone Heaven, a cool remix of the Ice Grabbers's main theme.

Aidalator64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidalator64
People, get over it, the reason why he was not added from the start is because 3DS couldn't handle it according to Sakurai.... and the Wii U won't be getting no DLC that the 3DS can't get.
At least there is a high chance for their return in Smash 5, since their only reason they were cut was coz of technical limitations. Since then, maybe even the developers have discovered a possible may to implement the ICs into smash 3ds, I can dream guys

Pomf

Smash Rookie
i read "Ice Climbers" and a soft tear rolled down my cheek

Gr4pefru1t

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Octorock
Maybe the New 3DS can handle ice climbers, just not the older versions of the 3DS/2DS? They'd still have to work across all of them, though, in order to be DLC... Understandable, but still a little sad

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
So am I the only one that wants to see a "new" retro newcomer in the game as DLC?
Yes...?
Oh well, guess I'm alone in this one then. :c

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
I honestly can't imagine them being good without trading their chain grabs for a good ledge game via ledge trumps.
I had an idea in the ICs "Breaking the Ice" thread, which involved making their Side-Special useful for tech-chasing and trapping, which would be pretty effective when combined with de-syncing and perhaps a neutral-special thrown out to pressure or trick the opponent into walking into your Side-Special.
And, as with all of the tether-based recoveries, they will probably change their Up-Special into something more versatile/less telegraphed, especially if they make the Side-Special non-useful for recovery.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I had an idea in the ICs "Breaking the Ice" thread, which involved making their Side-Special useful for tech-chasing and trapping, which would be pretty effective when combined with de-syncing and perhaps a neutral-special thrown out to pressure or trick the opponent into walking into your Side-Special.
And, as with all of the tether-based recoveries, they will probably change their Up-Special into something more versatile/less telegraphed, especially if they make the Side-Special non-useful for recovery.
Knowing Sakurai he'd probably try to find a way to make desynching impossible since it could infinite chain grab.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Knowing Sakurai he'd probably try to find a way to make desynching impossible since it could infinite chain grab.
I feel like the only way to disable desyncing would be to make them one entity, otherwise, lol, there's little point in them being two people. Like... literally. There would be no point. If Nana can't act without Popo by attacking, there is no point in even having Nana as an accessory. But if the smash team makes it so that you can't chain grab with some sort of grab limit or whatever, a tech-chase side b would be great and buff them up appropriately.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I feel like the only way to disable desyncing would be to make them one entity, otherwise, lol, there's little point in them being two people. Like... literally. There would be no point. If Nana can't act without Popo by attacking, there is no point in even having Nana as an accessory. But if the smash team makes it so that you can't chain grab with some sort of grab limit or whatever, a tech-chase side b would be great and buff them up appropriately.
Just remove the ability to grab from Nana.... it worked pretty well with Luma.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Just remove the ability to grab from Nana.... it worked pretty well with Luma.
Idk, I feel like there's probably another way to do it. Getting rid of Nana's grab would... honestly make the ICs feel no different from Rosalina and Luma in some fundamental ways. One of the best tactile sensations with the Ice Climbers in game is the ability to grab your opponent with either climber. By removing the secondary climber's ability to grab--it... I mean, it doesn't necessarily RUIN the ICs at all, but it would be weird. I guess if there's no other way of efficiently getting rid of the chaingrabs, it would be fine. But otherwise it's best to keep Nana's throw / grab function in.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Idk, I feel like there's probably another way to do it. Getting rid of Nana's grab would... honestly make the ICs feel no different from Rosalina and Luma in some fundamental ways. One of the best tactile sensations with the Ice Climbers in game is the ability to grab your opponent with either climber. By removing the secondary climber's ability to grab--it... I mean, it doesn't necessarily RUIN the ICs at all, but it would be weird. I guess if there's no other way of efficiently getting rid of the chaingrabs, it would be fine. But otherwise it's best to keep Nana's throw / grab function in.
And one of the best "tactiles" of Diddy was Dthrow to Uair, of Meta Knight was B from here to eternity, but those "tactiles" had to be changed because they needed to be nerfed.... (I don't think that Diddy reeeeeally "needed", but still)
IC was top 2 on Brawl, only behind the godlike Meta Knight.... they would definitely need the nerf if they were to come to Sm4sh.... and I think remove Nana's grab would be one of the first things to do, because with chaingrab or not, Nana's grab is broken.... specially at Sm4sh where grabs are that important.
Rosalina & Luma are already a hated, top tier, and considered OP, character.... imagine now if Luma could grab too.

<Green>

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabbyGuy
So you like broken characters? They also shouldn't have nerfed Diddy.... or Meta Knight from Brawl, then.
chaingrabs were removed in sm4sh, so I don't get what your problem is. Also Icies have a pathetic grab range.
If you take away nana, the Ice Climbers lose what makes them interesting to play.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
chaingrabs were removed in sm4sh, so I don't get what your problem is. Also Icies have a pathetic grab range.
If you take away nana, the Ice Climbers lose what makes them interesting to play.
I never talked about taking away Nana, just talking grab away from her, while letting her make other attacks and working as a shield....
But letting them both grab in a game where most combos start with grab can be quite broken even without chaingrab.

Last edited:
Top Bottom