• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Metroid

Which song was your favorite?

• The Bounty Of A Brain

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • The Tunnel

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Sylux's Theme

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Ashes to Ashes

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Ridley's Theme vs Samus' Theme

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • From the Depth

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Welcome back to the Remix Corner! This week is all about the series where the protagonist “can’t crawl” and “doesn’t afraid of anything,” Metroid! Metroid has a long history of having some of the most atmospheric and down right creepy music in Nintendo’s pantheon of games. So, without further ado, time to hunt some bounties!

The Bounty Of A Brain (OCRemix)
This sick remix comes from the great guys over at OCRemix. It blends super sick chords with edgy synths to capture an excellent mixture of that classic Metroid feel with a great new style.

The Tunnel (Metroid Metal Remix)
Shred some metal with this rhythmic and powerful remix! This remix completely flips this theme on it’s head for some sick licks!

Sylux’s Theme (DJtheS Remix)
Jam out with this sick and jumping remix of Sylux’s theme! This remix will have heads bobbing (and/or rolling).

Ashes to Ashes by Zircon
This remix keeps the vibes of Lower Norfair, while adding a synthetic and electric feel to the track.

Ridley’s Theme vs Samus’ Theme (DJtheS)
Hop into this rhythmic and intense remix of the themes of the galaxy’s most notorious rivals.

From the Depths by Theophany
Enjoy this gentle and atmospheric remix from the depths of Brinstar.

Well, that’s it for this week’s Remix Corner! I hope you all enjoyed this week’s selections! Remember to send in your (favorite) remixes! Next week is all about Yoshi, with the following week being about Kirby! Until next time!

Love the remixes or hate them? Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario to discuss.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Love the representation! Of course I have to comment that you're missing the obvious Phendrana drifts, but other than that phenomenal choices.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
From the Depths should also attribute Laura Intravia for vocals in that song. Good choices, though, and Metroid Metal is awesome!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You don't want to put songs from Harmony of Heroes, but Harmony of a Hunter is OKAY?!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice From the Depths was there

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
For metroid fans, I really recommend checking out the whole Harmony of a hunter (and the 101 Run extension) album if you haven't already. Ashes to ashes is great but there is so much more (which understandably can't be covered in OP) and all of it is absolutely fantastic.

Great choices, @ Marthmario Marthmario , I couldn't possibly settle on voting on one track, lol.

Chrishare1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chrishare2
3DS FC
4296-3188-3029
i mean ridey is still deconfirmed so i cant enjoy this amazing music:samus:

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
You know, everyone was wanting Ridley to be in Smash Bros. for another Metroid rep, and Sakurai said Ridley is too big... But the series obviously needs more characters, so why not have Sylux? That would be amazing.

Also, has there been a Mario or Kirby remix corner yet?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You know, everyone was wanting Ridley to be in Smash Bros. for another Metroid rep, and Sakurai said Ridley is too big... But the series obviously needs more characters, so why not have Sylux? That would be amazing.

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A over here is your best friend, buddy.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Holy mother of nostalgia reminder with these great songs, time to run through Super Metroid again. For the 46th time.

Last edited:

rp17000

Smash Cadet
NNID
rp17000
Mario was one of the first ones and "Next week is all about Yoshi, with the following week being about Kirby!"

I always wondered why everyone thinks Ridley or nothing. Even if Ridley can't happen, Metroid deserves reps.

Duke_MD

Smash Rookie
I think there's much better metroid metal songs than the tunnel, maybe their phendrana drifts or sector 1 remixes would have been better.

These are all amazing. Unfortunately One of them was built around an already amazing song. not implying the others aren't

Ridley theme hype

phendrana drifts where tho

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
These are all great choices.

But Alimbic Insanity would have been my first choice to rep Hunters. It does Sylux's theme in a much more catchy way and incorporates the themes of the 5 Hunters, Gorea and Omega Ridley. Worth a mention.

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
i made the samus vs ridley picture at the top my computer wallpaper. its so nice. and this music tho

10/10 news post

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
I always wondered why everyone thinks Ridley or nothing. Even if Ridley can't happen, Metroid deserves reps.
Yeah Metroid is where it's at I definitely appreciate all these mixes, I'm sad some songs were left out but I can probably find them on my own.

Oh well still hype music!

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
I've always been underwhelmed by Metroid remixes. Generally it's rare to have a remix I'd rather listen to then the original, but it definitely happens, just unfortunately not with Metroid. It's a damn shame too, because Metroid has some great tracks and compliments the atmosphere phenonemally. Perhaps that's why they fail though, changing the track is taking away what made the track great in the first place.

Saying all that, I thought the first and last tracks were great. The first being a fantastic arrangement of nostalgia fueled tracks, the second just being a great track overall.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What the actual **** at no Kindred? Could have had that and Crystal Flash instead of those DJtheS snorefests. Would have given From the Depths and The Tunnel some real competition.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What the actual **** at no Kindred? Could have had that and Crystal Flash instead of those DJtheS snorefests. Would have given From the Depths and The Tunnel some real competition.
I actually like the DJtheS "snorefests", but having two songs from the same guy is a bit too biased IMO.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I actually like the DJtheS "snorefests", but having two songs from the same guy is a bit too biased IMO.
Sorry, was trying to find a good remix of Ridley's theme and he had a good one, plus someone requested his Sylux remix.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

Personally :4falco:, I'd say:
1.) Ridley
and if not him,
2.) Dark Samus
The entire Prime series is about Phazon, and thus Dark Samus... even the title, "Metroid Prime" is Dark Samus.
3.) Some kind of Space Pirate
Been in every game, but I'd rather have the two above
4.) Anyone else.

Top Bottom