• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Metal Gear Solid

Favorite track?

• Metal Gear May Cry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snake Eater

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Like a Damn Fiddle

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Legend of the Snake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nu Dead Call

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Series Medley

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Sounds of Liberty

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

Marthmario

Smash Lord
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION] Huh… welcome back to the Remix Corner. This week is all about the series with so much plot you could swim in it… Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid is Kojima’s lovechild; in fact, it was Kojima's friendship with Sakurai that allowed for Snake's inclusion in Brawl! So without further ado… it’s showtime!

Metal Gear May Cry (OCRemix)
Enjoy the touching melody of this gentle remix.

Snake Eater ft. K.K. Slider
“Colonel? What’s this dog doing here? And why does he have a guitar?”

Like a Damn Fiddle by Brandon Strader
“Mission complete.”

Legend of the Snake (OCRemix)
Join in some nostalgic memories with this tune.

Nu Dead Cell (Yell Dead Call)
Sneak around with this jam.

Maklibek’s Series Medley Remix
Take a stroll down memory lane with this mashup.

Sounds of Liberty (OCRemix)
Trek through the jungle to this hardcore mix!

That was quite the impressive line-up! Join us next week for the series that never lets you pay your debt, Animal Crossing! The following week will feature the blue bomber, Mega Man! That’s all for this week! Send in those remixes here or on Twitter! Until next time! [TRANSMISSION ENDED]

I had a lot of fun with this week’s selection. Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario for some solid discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Hnngng, another Remix Corner that's kept me waiting!

Will definitely be giving all of these a spin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Finally!

I've listened to all of these, actually. It's incredibly hard to decide which is the best. :happysheep:

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Man, the Totakeke song is the best thing ever made!! The howl at the end, just instant classic...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I want him back...So bad...:104:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I read the entire article using voices of Snake, Colonel, Otacon, and Mei Ling. I guess that was my entertainment for today.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
@ MintChipper MintChipper Crash Bandicoot? :3
I'm not sure about Snake returning to Smash, since he got replaced by Megaman, also Ice Climbers got replaced by Duck Hunt, and Squirtle got replaced by Greninja.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Snake's inclusion in Brawl was the main reason that got me into the Metal Gear Solid games. Man, I miss Snake...but hoping he would still become a DLC fighter.

Nice music pieces, by the way.

Last edited:

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
in fact, it was Kojima's friendship with Sakurai that allowed for Snake's inclusion in Brawl!
"This will be my final Smash Game."
"This will be the last entry in the Metal Gear Solid series."

I'm not surprised these two are friends.

But I'm now worried that Sakurai and Nintendo will be the next Kojima and Konami...

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I know :3
Also, Mewtwo got replaced by Lucario in Brawl, but due to the Mewtwo fan requests, it returned in Smash4

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about Snake returning to Smash, since he got replaced by Megaman, also Ice Climbers got replaced by Duck Hunt, and Squirtle got replaced by Greninja.
I know :3
Also, Mewtwo got replaced by Lucario in Brawl, but due to the Mewtwo fan requests, it returned in Smash4
Like, literally all of this is wrong.

Mega Man didn't replace Snake. Snake most likely isn't in because Kojima hasn't done enough for Nintendo platforms in regards to Metal Gear Solid games to warrant Snake's return. That, or Sakurai and Kojima just didn't negotiate it this time around.

Duck Hunt didn't replace the Ice Climbers. Sakurai has already said that the 3DS limitations is the reason the Ice Climbers were scrapped.

Greninja did not replace Squirtle. The Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, and Ivysaur got scrapped because the 3DS limitations couldn't allow for characters with transformation gimmicks, which is why Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit Samus are separated now. Rather than separating all the Pokemon (and thus ruining Pokemon Trainer's entire gimmick), Sakurai went with the most popular Pokemon of the trio, Charizard.

Lucario did not replace Mewtwo in Brawl, contrary to popular belief. Mewtwo already had data in the game's files, along with Roy. That's why they both were bought back in Project M. The PM creators just finished up what was already there. Mewtwo and all the others were scrapped due to time constraints. Time constraints most likely caused by the Subspace Emissary.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ah, the amazing music...
Another reason for wanting him back!

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I hope he isn't added in Smash-4 it will ruin him, leave the Brawl characters and go add other characters that haven't been played inside a Smash game, do something right for a change which has been a while. Nice music btw. Thanks.

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
Ice climbers weren't replaced they were removed because of technicall limitations

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Did you Feel Asleep and forget to add this masterpiece?

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
What franchises do we have left besides Xenoblade and Pac-Man?
After the next Remix Corner, we will officially be in the Smash 4 series. So that means: Animal Crossing, Mega Man, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Pac-Man and Xenoblade.

CJ14r43

Smash Cadet
NNID
chukswag
3DS FC
4854-6956-3319
Switch FC
SW-4733-8968-8769
I hope he isn't added in Smash-4 it will ruin him, leave the Brawl characters and go add other characters that haven't been played inside a Smash game, do something right for a change which has been a while. Nice music btw. Thanks.
Might as well say the same for Mewtwo while he was still added. I'd rather have a returning character ( Leaving you out of this, :pichumelee:) than a newcomer.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I don't miss Snake that much.

But sure I miss Konami, they acting Weird and Bad... Really bad...

Snake fate is in fans hands.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
@ Marthmario Marthmario Nice music.
Once you cover all of the SSB4 newcomers, you should cover remixes of songs original to the series (if there are enough, I haven't seen many).
Just a suggestion.
ALSO: Almost voted for fiddle...but KK though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom