• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red Bank Rumble # 13!! Mario Kart 64, Smash 64, UMvC3, CvS2!! - March 8th, 2013 - Red Bank, NJ

LLDL

Smash Hero

Flyers:

Facebook RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/338572429593876/

• 80 Broad Street, Red Bank NJ 07701
Date:
  • March 8, 2013
Time:
  • Signups from 6:30pm - 7:45pm
Events:
  • Mario Kart 64 Tournament
  • Super Smash Bros. 1v1 Tournament (N64)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 1v1 Tournament
  • Capcom vs SNK 2 1v1 Tournament
Entry Fees:
  • Venue Fee: $15.00 (Includes in-and-out access to all arcade machines and games in the arcade until closing at 2:00am)
  • Tournament Entry Fee: $5.00 per event, UMvC3 $10.00 (In addition to Venue Fee)
Controllers will be provided, but feel free to bring your own (encouraged).

Rules:

Mario Kart 64 Rules:

Smash 64 Rules:
Chain-Ace's Modified Smash 64 Ruleset

Competition Rules

Competition format is Double Elimination.

• All sets with the exception of the below are best-of-3.
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best-of-5.
Game Settings

• Mode: STOCK
  • Stocks: 5
  • Handicap: OFF
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Stage Select: ON
  • Damage: 100%
  • Item Switch: NONE
  • All Characters Available
Stages

• The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle and Dream Land.
  • The first match of a set will always be played on Dreamland.
  • Final destination can be played on in a set with gentlemen's rule (FD may be played on if agreed by both players)
Characters

• All characters are legal.
  • Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.
    Low Tiers are all characters in B tier and below: Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Samus and Link.
Set Procedure
  • Players select characters for first match.
  • The first match is played on Dreamland.
  • The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Stage List.
  • The winner of the previous match selects their character.
  • The loser of the previous match selects their character.
  • The next match is played.
  • Above steps are repeated if necessary.

LLDL

Smash Hero
They can't be bi-weekly, there are other events booked at the arcade on friday and saturday nights. I take the available slots. Sorry.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Hopefully I can make this. You should also post this in the 64 forums.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Bump, this is in two weeks, let's get hyped. I know smashboards is kinda of whack right now, so people haven't been looking at the tournament listings threads but when they get the prefixes back up and maybe adjust the layout I hope you guys will all find the thread and come through.

boknowstecmo

Smash Rookie
What is the food and drink policy for the night? Is there food available? Is there beer, or is BYOB allowed?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thanks, I will update all rules tonight.

Let's get hyped people, I have a new recording setup and the vids will be hype. Come be a part of it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Should be pretty big. I'm expecting at least 20 entrants from locals alone.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Damn, this is like 15 minutes from where I live. I might come out to play some SSB, even though I don't really play it so much, and will most likely get my butt whooped. How regularly do you hold these, by the way?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Damn, this is like 15 minutes from where I live. I might come out to play some SSB, even though I don't really play it so much, and will most likely get my butt whooped. How regularly do you hold these, by the way?
We host them every few months. We try to do a new event every month or so (different games).

What town are you from, you live in Monmouth? I'm from Neptune.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
Yeah I'm in Monmouth. Marlboro, specifically. It's funny, I've always toyed with the idea of hosting an event at Yestercades, but don't really have the motivation/resources to do so

Top Bottom